Page 4305 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 3305380542054255429543014302430343044305430643074308430943154355 ... LastLast
Results 64,561 to 64,575 of 65921

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I just watched that fight...Punk got f-ed up badly!

Punk should simply go home and enjoy his money, REAL fighting is not his calling.
    i don't see why that's hard to accept for people. it's not his age or training or injuries, it's just not his thing.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    super, he had 1 amateur fight in 2009 and didn't fight again until 2016, you really think he was training all that time(not to mention where he was training)??
    Actually counting amateur fights , this is his record going to 2012.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter...7-mike-jackson

He's had 3 MMA fights since 2012 compared to Punk's 1 fight. He also has trained for a decade in this industry and is 33 years old.

i don't see why that's hard to accept for people. it's not his age or training or injuries, it's just not his thing.
    He's too old , too banged up to do it. All of us knew that. Jackson had trained for a decade and actually had MMA fights. Punk was jumping right into UFC off the bat and it was never gonna look well. But a ton of MMA guys have gave him props and applauded the heart of him not stopping and going 3 rounds. In the video they posted how even if he was gonna lose , he wasn't gonna give up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Actually counting amateur fights , this is his record going to 2012.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter...7-mike-jackson

He's had 3 MMA fights since 2012 compared to Punk's 1 fight. He also has trained for a decade in this industry and is 33 years old.
    i trust sherdog more than that site, but even looking at that site it shows 1 amateur fight in 2012, then he fought mickey gall, then punk. so he had one amateur fight more than punk?? or are you counting the muay thai fight it says he lost??

and yes he's 33 so.........

He's too old , too banged up to do it. All of us knew that. Jackson had trained for a decade and actually had MMA fights. Punk was jumping right into UFC off the bat and it was never gonna look well. But a ton of MMA guys have gave him props and applauded the heart of him not stopping and going 3 rounds. In the video they posted how even if he was gonna lose , he wasn't gonna give up.
    if it was his age and injuries he'd have put up a better fight against a fighter of jackson's level. he's just not good at fighting plain and simple.

people are being nice, you'll actually find a lot of nice and respectful people involved in martial arts. that said a lot MMA guys are saying they both looked like **** and had no business on the card.

about the decade of training, he was training for fun he wasn't trying to make a career of it.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-14-2018 at 04:03 AM.

i trust sherdog more than that site, but even looking at that site it shows 1 amateur fight in 2012, then he fought mickey gall, then punk. so he had one amateur fight more than punk?? or are you counting the muay thai fight it says he lost??

and yes he's 33 so.........
    Yes I am....because again its some experience...any experience in that matters. Jackson had 3 fights from 2012 to 2017. That was more than what CM Punk had...and it was jumping right into this. And being 33 years old is better than being 39 and coming off years of wrestling.

people are being nice, you'll actually find a lot of nice and respectful people involved in martial arts. that said a lot MMA guys are saying they both looked like **** and had no business on the card.

about the decade of training, he was training for fun he wasn't trying to make a career of it.
    He still had more training than a former pro wrestler who just fully started it 3-4 years ago. He had been training for fun etc for a decade. Also the fact Jackson didn't have the history of injuries Punk had. At one point Punk hurt his shoulder and then his back.

No one expected Punk to take MMA by storm and UFC. His age , injury history etc made it a very long , long shot. But folks gave him props cause he tried it and where he could have gave up he didn't. I don't understand this silliness at thinking people had high expectations that CM Punk was gonna do a lot. He just was too old and didn't have the experience to make it work.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Yes I am....because again its some experience...any experience in that matters. Jackson had 3 fights from 2012 to 2017. That was more than what CM Punk had...and it was jumping right into this. And being 33 years old is better than being 39 and coming off years of wrestling.
    well in that case punk had a smoker about a year into his training(in which it's said he got handled again) so they're even closer in xperience than their official records say.

He still had more training than a former pro wrestler who just fully started it 3-4 years ago. He had been training for fun etc for a decade. Also the fact Jackson didn't have the history of injuries Punk had. At one point Punk hurt his shoulder and then his back.

No one expected Punk to take MMA by storm and UFC. His age , injury history etc made it a very long , long shot. But folks gave him props cause he tried it and where he could have gave up he didn't. I don't understand this silliness at thinking people had high expectations that CM Punk was gonna do a lot. He just was too old and didn't have the experience to make it work.
    nobody had high xpectations for him, somewhat close to competitive with mike jackson is far from high xpectations. age, injuries, xperience aren't valid xcuses for a performance that bad against that fighter. if he could complete a training camp and get cleared to fight he was in good enough shape to make a competitive fight with mike jackson.

he's just not good at fighting. there are no analysts looking at his fights and saying "if he was a little younger and more xperienced". after seeing punk in training some fighters have said they've seen guys who looked better after a few weeks than punk looked with 4-5 years of training.

if you want to give him credit for something that bad just give him credit for not being scared to get his ass kicked.

super, he had 1 amateur fight in 2009 and didn't fight again until 2016, you really think he was training all that time(not to mention where he was training)??

dana white is known for saying stupid **** all the time, and i'm not sure how he fired jackson any more than he fired cm punk.

nice try but

if you want to go that route the average person still doesn't know or care if he was signed nor what dana said after the fight. they just know they saw punk getting his ass whipped & toyed with by an 0-1 fighter they never heard of. in his home town.
    Sure both were fired, but the difference is Punk got fired but was told he showed heart, while Jackson won the fight but still lost his job while being called an idiot.

Plenty of people who didn't even see the fight are reading that he lost his job because he's an idiot. Which I think is more embarrassing than losing your job simply because you lost badly to a better fighter.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-14-2018 at 05:03 AM.

well in that case punk had a smoker about a year into his training(in which it's said he got handled again) so they're even closer in xperience than their official records say.

nobody had high xpectations for him, somewhat close to competitive with mike jackson is far from high xpectations. age, injuries, xperience aren't valid xcuses for a performance that bad against that fighter. if he could complete a training camp and get cleared to fight he was in good enough shape to make a competitive fight with mike jackson.

he's just not good at fighting. there are no analysts looking at his fights and saying "if he was a little younger and more xperienced". after seeing punk in training some fighters have said they've seen guys who looked better after a few weeks than punk looked with 4-5 years of training.

if you want to give him credit for something that bad just give him credit for not being scared to get his ass kicked.

Facing guys in training isn't actual fighting like we saw that Jackson had. And yes age , injuries etc are valid reasons against someone who clearly had been training a decade (even if it was for fun). He had the experience coming in to handle Punk. Also Punk had one fight delayed due to injuries remember . So obviously it wasn't smooth sailing during training for him.

If Punk had started this really before he did pro wrestling and actually as one MMA guy told us in a FB group spent years in training and having actual regional fights to build on and build to that level he does better. Instead he was thrown into the deep pool and said...hey you gotta sink or swim. Go have some training between your injuries and hopefully ya do ok.

He took a major risk and tried this. Who knows what would have happened had he committed to this years ago before pro wrestling to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure both were fired, but the difference is Punk got fired but was told he showed heart, while Jackson eon the fight but still lost his job while being called an idiot.

Plenty of people who didn't even see the fight are reading that he lost his job because he's an idiot. Which I think is more embarrassing than losing your job simply because you lost badly to a better fighter.

Dana White himself had to admit Punk's too old and said as much....he's 39 and I think this is it. White complimented him for trying this and all. But there was too much against Punk to make it work. I mean White offered him a chance to do the dream and fight in UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure both were fired, but the difference is Punk got fired but was told he showed heart, while Jackson eon the fight but still lost his job while being called an idiot.
    actually no. punk was the one who had a multi fight deal, he's the only 1 who could've been fired. jackson signed for 1 fight and his fight was over.

nobody who didn't watch the fight read or cared about that ****, it wasn't xactly big news. and if you think being called an idiot by an idiot like dana is more embarrassing than getting your ass beaten and tickled by an idiot like jackson idk what to tell you.

i'll tell you this though, it sure seems like punk hasn't come out of his house since the fight.

Facing guys in training isn't actual fighting like we saw that Jackson had. And yes age , injuries etc are valid reasons against someone who clearly had been training a decade (even if it was for fun). He had the experience coming in to handle Punk. Also Punk had one fight delayed due to injuries remember . So obviously it wasn't smooth sailing during training for him.
    a smoker is actual amateur fighting, sometimes more dangerous, it's just not official or sanctioned.

If Punk had started this really before he did pro wrestling and actually as one MMA guy told us in a FB group spent years in training and having actual regional fights to build on and build to that level he does better. Instead he was thrown into the deep pool and said...hey you gotta sink or swim. Go have some training between your injuries and hopefully ya do ok.
    mickey gall yeah, that kid was a prospect. mike jackson?? no, that's the shallow end of the pool. if he can't compete with jackson than he just isn't ready for amateur fights yet and may never be.

He took a major risk and tried this. Who knows what would have happened had he committed to this years ago before pro wrestling to be honest.
    it's a pretty safe bet he would never have got past a regional level. he was never particularly athletic or well coordinated for a pro-wrestler.

i believe teddy hart kicked his ass around 2004ish.

actually no. punk was the one who had a multi fight deal, he's the only 1 who could've been fired. jackson signed for 1 fight and his fight was over.

nobody who didn't watch the fight read or cared about that ****, it wasn't xactly big news. and if you think being called an idiot by an idiot like dana is more embarrassing than getting your ass beaten and tickled by an idiot like jackson idk what to tell you.

i'll tell you this though, it sure seems like punk hasn't come out of his house since the fight.

a smoker is actual amateur fighting, sometimes more dangerous, it's just not official or sanctioned.

mickey gall yeah, that kid was a prospect. mike jackson?? no, that's the shallow end of the pool. if he can't compete with jackson than he just isn't ready for amateur fights yet and may never be.

it's a pretty safe bet he would never have got past a regional level. he was never particularly athletic or well coordinated for a pro-wrestler.

i believe teddy hart kicked his ass around 2004ish.
    Yrah, Punk after is loss stepped out of the spotlight.

Jackson conversely is trying to publicly explain why he's not an idiot and get more work.

Punk breaks even while Jackson is worse off than he was going into it.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

New Day vs Elite starts in at 3 central, right?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

It begins!!!!

and we got yipes and james chen on comms!

and tasty steve is hosting!

GET HYPE!

out first is new day, with the pancakes.

and here comes the elite!