Thread: Wrestling WWE

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    The crowd is already going to chant AJ Styles if he isn't in, if they let him be eliminated in a way that sets up a feud people want to see they won't boo.
    Sami Zayn should get eliminated by Kevin Owens (who i wouldn't put in the rumble) for the same reason.
    Set up some mania matches for the hardcores because Hunter vs Reigns and Brock vs Bray Wyatt isn't doing it.
    Or they set up potential matches for AJ Styles the next night on RAW for Wrestlemania. One way it will be cool if AJ debuts tonight. But then ya have the angry reaction from fans if he gets eliminated.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

damn fans, thinking the Rumble is a democracy

Astonishing Member

Opps repeat.

Astonishing Member

Board acting wacky for me, sorry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Or they set up potential matches for AJ Styles the next night on RAW for Wrestlemania. One way it will be cool if AJ debuts tonight. But then ya have the angry reaction from fans if he gets eliminated.
    I have to believe they have an actual plan for AJ.
    This isn't a nxt guy making 60k a year, this is a guy they planned for the main roster, he has to have a mania match and it isn't against Mark Henry.

BANNED

agreed, I dont expect him at the Rumble

and I enjoy this event, its not perfect but I do have the most fun watching it

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I have to believe they have an actual plan for AJ.
    This isn't a nxt guy making 60k a year, this is a guy they planned for the main roster, he has to have a mania match and it isn't against Mark Henry.
    Beyond say , R-Truth , I doubt anyone is making below that $80,000 a year. Sure they have plans for AJ. If its tonight , great ...if its tomorrow awesome. Either way hopefully the booking works and its not crappy.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

this must happen again.
    Agreed.

In my fantasy world, they'd push Nakamura and give him the belt by July. Then at Summerslam it's Lesnar vs Nakamura for the title.

A title match worth seeing.

Astonishing Member

Beyond say , R-Truth , I doubt anyone is making below that $80,000 a year. Sure they have plans for AJ. If its tonight , great ...if its tomorrow awesome. Either way hopefully the booking works and its not crappy.
    The nxt guys are i mean.

Astonishing Member

The nxt guys are i mean.

If they're hypothetically looking for an opponent to set up a feud for AJ at the Rumble (and honestly I doubt they are), the first person that actually popped in my head was Taker.

He's one of the few people the crowd won't turn on if he eliminates a debuting AJ, and they can feud over the term "phenom."

If nothing else it gives Taker someone to beat at Wrestlemania.

Though I'm sure if Taker were in town the net would have spoiled it by now so I'm assuming none of this is actually the case.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    agreed, I dont expect him at the Rumble

and I enjoy this event, its not perfect but I do have the most fun watching it
    Rumble is often my favorite PPV of the year. Even though it's arguably a crappy match in terms of actual wrestling, there's something about it which I've always found fun ever since I was a kid.

Hopefully the WWE can somewhat salvage this event as the last couple have been somewhat train wrecks.

BANNED

solid undercard - that Last Man Standing may steal the show

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If they're hypothetically looking for an opponent to set up a feud for AJ at the Rumble (and honestly I doubt they are), the first person that actually popped in my head was Taker.

He's one of the few people the crowd won't turn on if he eliminates a debuting AJ, and they can feud over the term "phenom."

If nothing else it gives Taker someone to beat at Wrestlemania.

Though I'm sure if Taker were in town the net would have spoiled it by now so I'm assuming none of this is actually the case.
    I think the best bet for a feud for AJ will be with Jericho. So I'm hoping that they eliminate each other in the Rumble. I just hope that if AJ is part of the Rumble he comes in early ,and stays at least until the final 6. This is a big preview for how he will be used. IF he's just thrown out by Ryback, then we/and AJ maybe, may be regretting his leaving NJPW.

Taker probably will face Owens.

Astonishing Member

I would put Styles in a program with Del Rio. AJ Styles wouldnt have to do much on the mic except play the America card. Easy for the crowd tp get behind.