Thread: Wrestling WWE

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    and its looking like Elgin is losing his US bookings
    His tag partner Jeff Cobb is taking some of his former bookings. Feels like just deserts seeing how Elgin talked **** about him in the leaked DMs.

BANNED

Ohno and Gargano tore it up last night

Gargano NEEDED that win

TNA should try and book elgin since they're in canada, with don callis being a higher up in the company they should try and build some kind of relationship with NJPW again.

Gargano NEEDED that win
    ohno could probably use a win about now too. hopefully a heel turn is coming.

Astonishing Member

Ray Sanders
    Admin · 1 hr
    ALRIGHT IWT!!!
    It's time to begin the nominations for our first category!!!
    That category is the MATCH OF THE YEAR!!!
    This thread will stay up for roughly 24 hours. Then after that we will be voting on it. So this thread is just to name matches that should be nominated!!!
    Please only nominate ONE match!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Inte...vity&ref=notif

See the special gear Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss wore for historic match in Abu Dhabi
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/wwe-...-gear-bodysuit
    https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/stat...14967679193095
    @JDfromNY206
    Following Following @JDfromNY206
    More
    The updated #OffTheScript Jinder Mahal design! ��������
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-08-2017 at 05:17 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Here is an interesting detail about ROH and Cornete's last year.

- Cornette brings up that he had been having issues with Ross the merch guy awhile. That he would run to Sinclair and talk to HR. Which had a lot of power in the company and Koff stopped him from going before this.

- Anyhow Koff wanted Cornette to fix the color announce team and Jim went to work on that. He decided to call Nigel McGuiness who was in TNA. Asking how soon would he be able to get outta his contract. Nigel told him it was in the process and as soon as he was clear , he'd go to ROH. Cornette was happy and told Koff that they had someone. But he had an accent and that he's never done color commentating before. But him and Kevin Kelly would work with Nigel and make him work.

Cornette explained that Nigel had a history and fans would accept it. But had he not joined when he did , Jim was gonna have to do color commentating (which Koff wanted) and Jim was like , do you want me to pop popcorn as well ? I'm booking , shooting the show and now ya want me to do announcing ? Anyhow he Nigel joined and Koff hated him from the start. Even when Nigel improved and people liked him , Koff would constantly tell Cornette they needed a better color commentator. So finally Jim came up with an idea , he becomes the new GM role and they get a new color commentator.

- Cornette decided to go get Adam Pearce who had a history as NWA World champion and had worked for ROH in the past. A fact that Pearce and the merch guy (Ross) got in an argument and Pearce threatened to kick his ass. Anyhow its 3 years later and Cornette wth Delirious meets with him to discuss the job as new color commentator. He's hired and will start January 2013.

- Anyhow the guy runs to HR and Koff has to tell Cornette later , no Adam Pearce. That the merch guys feels it would be unsafe work place so no Pearce. So now Jim is PISSED and he swears about this guy ruining his show and plans. But he now has to call Adam Pearce and tell him , your not hired. Which irked him.

- More issues came up as ROH in 2012 were only running 4 shows the last 3 months to end the year. But was told by Sinclair the shows had to draw a positive gate. The boys were already mad they only had 4 shows left for the year in 3 months. Then comically Jim is told they are leaving Baltimore and doing a show outside Pittsburgh PA. Which drew 500+ fans at a show then in June. But as Jim brings up , Bruno Sammertino was signing autographs. Which helped them draw that crowd.

- Gary and Greg (2 men above him) discussed going to this town and how they'd save $20,000. But as Jim brings up its saving you $20,000 and only $4,000 a week , 40 dollars a Sinclair station etc. We can shoot at our studio , with better TV and edits , plus we don't have Bruno. We have so many weeks for Final Battle ahead. But they pushed for it and as one told him , "Jim if were wrong I'm sure you won't let us forget it..."

- Anyhow Cornette didn't take part in a conference call as he was busy with his wife for Anniversary when he checked his e-mail and freaked the **** out. In it they decided that starting in Chicago at that PPV , they would do a TV taping the next day ! To save money. Cornette was like WTF ! So he details how stupid an idea this is since they won't have editing and filming done that day and people will have to stay overnight for the 2pm bell time for that show. That this happened at a New York show and the film crew walked in Saturday morning and didn't leave til Sunday evening .

Also it could blow off the PPV with fans saying , well we can attend tomorrow's TV taping instead. One guy tried saying , well years ago they did this. But as Jim corrects him and yes the business was super hot then for it. Now its not the same way.

This will kill our towns , this will hurt the boys who are already banged up after a PPV , the production people will be pissed and this kills us trying to edit messes. Since we'll have to film interviews in the can on Friday , then do Saturday and then Sunday.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    don't we all?
    Damn straight. We are all carnivores. White meat or Dark meat. Just get in my belly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    Ray Sanders
    Admin · 1 hr
    ALRIGHT IWT!!!
    It's time to begin the nominations for our first category!!!
    That category is the MATCH OF THE YEAR!!!
    This thread will stay up for roughly 24 hours. Then after that we will be voting on it. So this thread is just to name matches that should be nominated!!!
    Please only nominate ONE match!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Inte...vity&ref=notif

See the special gear Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss wore for historic match in Abu Dhabi
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/wwe-...-gear-bodysuit
    https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/stat...14967679193095
    @JDfromNY206
    Following Following @JDfromNY206
    More
    The updated #OffTheScript Jinder Mahal design! ��������
    really? its a dumb joke and borderline racist

good job

Gargano NEEDED that win
    Frankly it was the first Ohno match I REALLY liked (keep in mind I'be only seen his recent stuff).

If he was repackaged a little, I might be able to get behind him a bit more.

BANNED

Ohno needs to ditch the knockoff basketball gear before Ill take him seriously

Astonishing Member

Ohno needs to ditch the knockoff basketball gear before Ill take him seriously
    I like the basketball gear but trunks are not his friend.

#EmbracePants

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Frankly it was the first Ohno match I REALLY liked (keep in mind I'be only seen his recent stuff).

If he was repackaged a little, I might be able to get behind him a bit more.
    Speaking of repackage

Can we just go full on Viking gimmick with them. Add Sarah Logan to the squad.

Let Liv Morgan work with Mojo. They could highly annoying together.

Let Ruby Riot just be Ruby Riot.

BANNED

I like the groups on RAW and SD

Mojo can die in a fire, Im really over him at this point

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I like the basketball gear but trunks are not his friend.

#EmbracePants
    If he just wore the same sort of lose long shorts actual basketball players wear rather than wrestling trunks it might work a bit better.

Though big out of shape looking long haired white guy dressed up like a basketball player still sort of takes a bit of getting used to.

BANNED

he looks like the guy who works overnights at a Waffle House or 24 hr diner