Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

slow day.

Just listened to a Bret Hart interview where he states if he could have wrestled 3 WWE stars after him it would have been: Kurt Angle, John Cena or CM Punk. Who would have you liked? It has to be Angle for me. I think that would have the potential to be one of the greatest matches of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyleSpirit View Post
    Just listened to a Bret Hart interview where he states if he could have wrestled 3 WWE stars after him it would have been: Kurt Angle, John Cena or CM Punk. Who would have you liked? It has to be Angle for me. I think that would have the potential to be one of the greatest matches of all time.
    cena of those 3, but more than even him would be bret vs brock: the real best vs beast. bret vs angle could've been an awesome feud during the time bret was doing his anti american heel stuff though. imagine the heat kurt would've got in canada.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyleSpirit View Post
    Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle in a Submission match would have been amazing!!!
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Extraordinary Member

Bret vs Angle when both were in their prime would of been epic.

Astonishing Member

Bret pretty much refuses to acknowledge the exsistance of Daniel Bryan.
    Submission guy vs Submission guy would be a match i would like to see, so i guess vs Angle, but angle would have to have one of those mat matches.

BANNED

Default WWE Live: Screw The Authority

A place to talk about WWE Raw, Smackdown, and their "Special Event" shows. Which you can watch on the network at a low price of $9.99.

And to LBO. You're welcome.
    Last edited by Legato; 09-29-2014 at 09:51 AM.

BANNED

Someone once pointed out how non-united the faces are during the angle involving The Authority. For instance just last week The Authority had Ambrose locked in a dressing room with security blocking his way out. So despite that Cena has a beef with The Authority he couldn't help him out? Then there was that time awhile back when Ambrose had his butt kicked by both Kane and Rollins and got keyfabe injured.

It's funny how the heels in the WWE seem more united than the faces. They didn't even do jack when Danielson was getting beaten down by The Authority and Shield.

Astonishing Member

It's a way of booking.
    Top faces in WWE are suppose to be so powerful they don't need help.
    Though, in the case of Ambrose the last thing they want for that character is for him to be friends with Cena, just doesn't make any sense.
    The only time it bugged me was when Ambrose got killed by Kane and Rollins and Reigns didn't help, because they were established as a unit and Reigns didn't care for 3 weeks, when he suddenly remembered Ambrose was his "brother." Especially since Reigns went into a mini feud with Rollins right after Dean left.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    It's a way of booking.
    Top faces in WWE are suppose to be so powerful they don't need help.
    Though, in the case of Ambrose the last thing they want for that character is for him to be friends with Cena, just doesn't make any sense.
    The only time it bugged me was when Ambrose got killed by Kane and Rollins and Reigns didn't help, because they were established as a unit and Reigns didn't care for 3 weeks, when he suddenly remembered Ambrose was his "brother." Especially since Reigns went into a mini feud with Rollins right after Dean left.
    That and when Danielson was getting his ass kicked each week by The Authority and The Shield I didn't place any blame towards Cena on that since he was injured. The only time I had beef with it was when they had to have the faces just stand on the stage and look like a bunch of pussies.

I don't mind a good underdog story. Austin had his ass handed to him all the time but Austin's usually portrayed as the lone wolf. He wont accept your help even if you offered. But when him and Vince do feud they don't bury the whole face roster by having them stand on the stage and cower down.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    That and when Danielson was getting his ass kicked each week by The Authority and The Shield I didn't place any blame towards Cena on that since he was injured. The only time I had beef with it was when they had to have the faces just stand on the stage and look like a bunch of pussies.

I don't mind a good underdog story. Austin had his ass handed to him all the time but Austin's usually portrayed as the lone wolf. He wont accept your help even if you offered. But when him and Vince do feud they don't bury the whole face roster by having them stand on the stage and cower down.
    The bits where the rooster stood on stage while HHH buried them was pretty fucking terrible, but that family needs to show who's in charge.
    Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Someone once pointed out how non-united the faces are during the angle involving The Authority. For instance just last week The Authority had Ambrose locked in a dressing room with security blocking his way out. So despite that Cena has a beef with The Authority he couldn't help him out? Then there was that time awhile back when Ambrose had his butt kicked by both Kane and Rollins and got keyfabe injured.

It's funny how the heels in the WWE seem more united than the faces. They didn't even do jack when Danielson was getting beaten down by The Authority and Shield.
    They kinda explained it away as "I don't get in his business unless he asks; man's gotta have his dignity" sort of thing. Which is -- I certainly know a few guys who would rather act stupid than swallow their pride and ask for help.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    ewwww dolph. thats a ugly figure 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Is it any worse than the Miz's, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    They kinda explained it away as "I don't get in his business unless he asks; man's gotta have his dignity" sort of thing. Which is -- I certainly know a few guys who would rather act stupid than swallow their pride and ask for help.

To a degree good guys usually have to act that way against heel stables to make them come off as credible threats. The horsemen never would have gotten any traction if the lockeroom of good guys emptied out everytime they pulled something. Bad guy groups need the advantage in numbers for storytelling. Though occasionally faces will unite to put up a front.

Though in the case of the Authority, that's not just going against any old heel. That's defying your boss at work. So there are probably only CERTAIN people willing to do that. The potential backlash there is a big higher.