Thread: Wrestling WWE

Astonishing Member

Ok confirmed. Kenny omega pinned nakamura in a tag, him and the bullet club beat down styles and omega a,ounced he is no longer a jr, challenging nakamura for the ic belt. Aj said bye to the crowd. So i imagine omega beats nakamura if hes leaving too.

Incredible Member

Very excited and very worried. Two of the legit best in WWE.

We may be all for it, but once we see Nakamura job to FAndango I can guarantee we'll all die a little inside. That's a worst case thing though. Both could do well. I'd stick Heyman with Nakamura right off the bat. Hell I'd love to see Nakamura and Lesnar both face each other and tag together.

BANNED

I like Nakamura as much as the next wrestling fan, but he ain't **** to the WWE audience or in the US, so while he may not job to Fandango, if he takes a loss here and there Id hope people don't get hysterical

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I like Nakamura as much as the next wrestling fan, but he ain't **** to the WWE audience or in the US
    Y'know. I really hate this statement.

If this was the 90's, there would be some validity. But with advances in video sharing, unless you truly think the WWE universe is all a bunch of 5 year olds and their casual parents, you kinda come off a bit rude stating this.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

http://www.wwe.com/inside/are-aj-sty...9?sf18250852=1

The sports-entertainment world has been buzzing this week with speculation that WWE has signed four massive international Superstars.

Numerous media outlets reported Monday that AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Karl Anderson and Luke “Doc” Gallows — most recently of New Japan Pro Wrestling — are in negotiations to compete under the WWE banner.

The office of WWE COO and EVP of Talent Relations, Triple H, declined to comment on the rumors for WWE.com.

Reports began circulating late Sunday that all four had reportedly given their notices to New Japan management. Fueling the rumors that Styles, Nakamura, Anderson and Gallows were WWE-bound was a series of tweets involving reigning NXT Champion Finn Bálor.

Until recently, Styles, Gallows and Anderson were all part of New Japan’s Bullet Club faction, a stable formerly led by Bálor when he wrestled in Japan under the alias Prince Devitt. For months, Bálor has made it clear that he’s still tight with the Bullet Club members, even tweeting photos of them wearing his “Bálor Club” T-Shirts. On Monday, Bálor stirred the pot again, tweeting an image of Anderson sporting trunks that bore Finn’s “demon” design. Additionally, the official Twitter account for the Bullet Club tweeted the NXT Champion Monday, telling him to keep more Bálor Club shirts on hand in case they need them. That tweet has since been deleted.

The addition of Styles, Nakamura, Anderson and Gallows would represent one of the most significant bulk talent acquisitions in WWE history.

Nicknamed “The Phenomenal One,” Styles twice held New Japan’s IWGP Heavyweight Championship, the organization’s top title. He competed on the national scene in the United States for well over a decade, dating back to the latter days of WCW, and is universally hailed for his multi-tooled attack in the ring.

Though not a member of the Bullet Club, Nakamura remains one of the most popular wrestlers outside of WWE. Displaying a flamboyant charisma comparable to Freddie Mercury, but possessing the brutal strikes of an elite fighter, Nakamura roomed with Daniel Bryan years ago in California when both were early into their sports-entertainment careers. During media tours for last year’s WrestleMania, Bryan even revealed he once proposed an inter-promotional match against Nakamura to WWE management.

Gallows and Anderson, meanwhile, co-held New Japan’s tag team titles on three occasions. Additionally, Gallows competed in WWE from 2007 to 2010, while Anderson is a former tag team partner of WWE Performance Center Head Coach Matt Bloom.

Stick with WWE.com for more updates on this developing story as they become available.

BANNED

I like that, its too big for WWE to ignore it so its addressed in that oh so cagey way

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post

If this was the 90's, there would be some validity. But with advances in video sharing, unless you truly think the WWE universe is all a bunch of 5 year olds and their casual parents, you kinda come off a bit rude stating this.
    I think its safe to say about 90 percent of the WWE audience doesn't watch any other wrestling, and to them they dont know who Nakamura is

now the NXT crowd will most likely give him the respect he has earned, but thats as far as Im willing to go

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post

Saying Nakamura ain't **** is probably a bit strong... but the reality is the vast majority of the US wrestling audience likely hasn't got a clue who he is. Heck, I'll wager a good percentage of the internet wrestling fans needed to Google him after hearing the news..

That's not a diss against the guy or anything... just saying I do think we can expect a bit of an uphill battle for him to really make it big. But in the least he's got a shot, because NXT has sort of make it "cool" to like indy guys and internet darlings, at least in certain circiles. Doesn't necessarily translate to real dollars as far as ratings or merchendise, but it's at least buzz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Saying Nakamura ain't **** is probably a bit strong... but the reality is the vast majority of the US wrestling audience likely hasn't got a clue who he is. Heck, I'll wager a good percentage of the internet wrestling fans needed to Google him after hearing the news..

That's not a diss against the guy or anything... just saying I do think we can expect a bit of an uphill battle for him to really make it big. But in the least he's got a shot, because NXT has sort of make it "cool" to like indy guys and internet darlings, at least in certain circiles. Doesn't necessarily translate to real dollars as far as ratings or merchendise, but it's at least buzz.
    this guy said it more eloquently than I did

BANNED

So people forgot when the E signed KO and Itami they made a big point to use their website to tell people who they are and who they're connected to in the E? Hell Gryphon's link has a bit where Daniel Bryan named dropped Nakamura

The general audience isn't as dense as the internet likes to make them out to be( even though sometimes it's true )

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Yep. Luckily, the WWE is a global brand. You dont sign these guys solely for an American audience.

BANNED

if Gallows and Anderson are headed to WWE, that means no more Bullet Babe (Amber O'Neal) at ringside

BANNED

finally watching WK10, and great show as always

this Shibata vs Ishii match is my kind of fun

just hit each other until the other guy stops moving
    Last edited by TheInvisibleMan; 01-05-2016 at 09:04 PM. Reason: im silly

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    finally watching WK9, and great show as always

this Shibata vs Ishii match is my kind of fun

just hit each other until the other guy stops moving
    dont you mean WK10? :P

BANNED