Thread: Wrestling WWE

Extraordinary Member

LEt the hatred flow through you!

Roman is a midcard guy at best that has to be protected by Vince and Kevin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They have heels they haven't pushed to a big main event level in Bray Wyatt and Kevin Owens. Its completely the WWE's fault. They had chances the last couple years to make Rusev a huge main event heel monster and instead had him job to Cena at the huge show and gave him shit storylines with it. They had the chance for a couple years with Bray Wyatt and wouldn't do it. Then you have Owens who I said last spring ...he should have never lost to Cena. He should have beaten him completely. Instead people made excuses for it then. (Like they did Rusev).

In each case the company didn't fully believe in the young hot heels they had and it shows with now a very old HHH main eventing Wrestlemania.
    I like Rusev, but no, that guy is going to be an upper midcarder for life. I take that back I love Rusev. He has vastly underrated comedic chops.

They just refuse to pull the trigger on Bray. They know he is over, and they are just happy with that. When Bray popped HHH, Vince should have changed course. A tweener champ who could fight the whole roster just works.

Owens has unlimited programs for Mania. Owens actually has been handled well.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I would've had AJ Styles and Jericho switch places...so that Styles lasted like 50 minutes in the match. I also would've had Sami Zayn in there for a longer period of time. Would have liked to have seen Styles vs. Zayn. But all in all it was pretty entertaining. HHH winning was predictable, but still a fun ride

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    AJ debuting was good because that crowd was pure smark. I was happily surprised by that.Owens/Ambrose is an early MOTY.

They really had a chance to propel another new star.So disappointed.
    I think AJ's entrance was more of a "Screw you, Dixie" and part hazing of welcoming him in to the WWE.

Bring back the Crusier weight belt (redub as Jr Heavey weight) and have AJ vs Nevel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoahe22 View Post
    I would've had AJ Styles and Jericho switch places...so that Styles lasted like 50 minutes in the match. I also would've had Sami Zayn in there for a longer period of time. Would have liked to have seen Styles vs. Zayn. But all in all it was pretty entertaining. HHH winning was predictable, but still a fun ride
    We could get a Styles/Owens/Zayn triple threat at Mania.

There was a lot of positive.

The tease for Sasha/Charlotte was wonderfully done.

Kalisto winning the us title was a positive.

Owens/Ambrose was brilliant.

New Day being New Day

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I don't hate Roman, I'm meh on him.

But if he had've won by skipping half the Rumble and then rushing in all fresh to eliminate everyone, I would have been pissed. I would have preferred dean or Bray win, but trips is better than the ending it looked like we would have gotten.
    Well that was bad leaving in the middle like that Jericho shouldn't be the Iron Man of the match he was oldest one in there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    I think AJ's entrance was more of a "Screw you, Dixie" and part hazing of welcoming him in to the WWE.

Bring back the Crusier weight belt (redub as Jr Heavey weight) and have AJ vs Nevel
    I never get the cruiserweight title in modern time. The wrestling we get today is so much better, and little guys beat big guys routinely. Things like the X-division/Cruiserweight titles are passe. A good share of the roster would qualify for cruiserweight, let them battle over the established titles.

Whelp, its 2016 and somehow Triple H is on course to headline Wrestlemania.....

The WWE is a train wreck. So many great, great talents just bottle-necking in the midcard with no support from the business to get over and stay there. I watched this crap on a free "preview" month for the Network. If I'd paid for it I would have been pissed. The three one on one matches blew the Rumble out of the water from a quality stand point.

How long has it been now since the Rumble ended with the audience actually popping for the winner, heat or cheers? Three, four years now?

Incredible Member

Was I right or was I right. Don't think Bray Wyatt came to close did he? But what I didn't expect was Reigns getting thrown out and not being the final 2. That was quite a pleasant surprise. Good for Ambrose, and I can't help it, I loved seeing HHH with the belt. He looks good with that belt. He looks like a champ.

Bad idea may have fucked up Reigns again. I think what happened was the reverse of what WWE was hoping. They went in thinking that Reigns lasting the entire Rumble would have had people booing him as he got closer to the end. So they took him out hoping that he would get sympathy. Probably a lot of fans had him pegged to win. Thus when he comes back out of the blue, and starts taking guys out after being away for 20 minutes, it had the reverse affect.

I was mostly pleased with AJ. He didn't do much, and I thought he should have lasted till at least the final 6. Still he made it to the 18 or 19 area, and the crowd was behind him. He has a lot of momentum because most of the crowds from here on out will be bigger Wrestling fans than what WWE usually has. Great debut. Nice theme too.

and just to gloat. IT was I who had the idea for HHH going into Mania as champ right after the Survivor series debacle. It was I. Obviously this doesn't mean I had a direct effect, but it's nice to see that a good idea is a good idea. If HHH can garner the heel heat he may be able to get fans back on Reigns side, thus Mania will have the desired effect of making Reigns kinda legit as champ.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I never get the cruiserweight title in modern time. The wrestling we get today is so much better, and little guys beat big guys routinely. Things like the X-division/Cruiserweight titles are passe. A good share of the roster would qualify for cruiserweight, let them battle over the established titles.

They have so many new guys ,I think they Can bring back it and make it a stepping stone to The US/IC belt and Mid card.

Think about it AJ vs Nevil for the new Light heavyweight Title opens WM

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Wow HHH new champ. You Roman haters happy? This is some bullshit and how the hell does Brock get eliminated by 3 guys that already got eliminated? Wow WWE just Wow.
    Are you new to the Rumble match? It's not uncommon for eliminated people to eliminate guys still in the match. That's how most feuds got started in Rumbles of old.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I pay for the old stuff basically on WWE Network. You would think Vince would look at his late 1990's era and see how he handed the ball to his young superstars and didn't just keep booking older ones and part timers over it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    They have so many new guys ,I think they Can bring back it and make it a stepping stone to The US/IC belt and Mid card.

Think about it AJ vs Nevil for the new Light heavyweight Title opens WM
    How about Nelville vs AJ for the US title. How about Nelville vs AJ VS Kallisto in a ladder match for the US title.

I loved the cruiserweights back in the day too , man. I feel ya.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    Whelp, its 2016 and somehow Triple H is on course to headline Wrestlemania.....

The WWE is a train wreck. So many great, great talents just bottle-necking in the midcard with no support from the business to get over and stay there. I watched this crap on a free "preview" month for the Network. If I'd paid for it I would have been pissed. The three one on one matches blew the Rumble out of the water from a quality stand point.

How long has it been now since the Rumble ended with the audience actually popping for the winner, heat or cheers? Three, four years now?
    HHH was the best option given the circumstances. Vince wants to stick with Reigns. Reigns is having a hard time getting over, mostly, because of poor decisions not of his doing. Giving HHH the belt allows for much more compelling storytelling, and hopefully for a way for Reigns to headline Mania walking out champ with people behind him. Not saying it will work, but putting the belt on the top heel in the company, the boss, and an experienced vet is the best option.

WWE did the right thing here. And I'm sorry but this whole "keeping the younger" talent down stuff is getting overplayed.
    Last edited by The Nuke; 01-24-2016 at 10:00 PM.