Thread: Wrestling WWE

I liked this, Dean vs Owens could be a match of the year.
    Liked how the rumble was handled. R-truth was great. Kane added some more to his record. AJ Styles debuting and not getting eliminated quickly was something nice.
    Roman not winning was a good choice...but reallyyy???? TRIPLE H and NOT dean Ambrose????????

I guess for WM it will be Brock vs the Wyatts, and Triple H vs Roman. Unless Roman wins the title back at Fastlane

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    HHH was the best option given the circumstances. Vince wants to stick with Reigns. Reigns is having a hard time getting over, mostly, because of poor decisions not of his doing. Giving HHH the belt allows for much more compelling storytelling, and hopefully for a way for Reigns to headline Mania walking out champ with people behind him. Not saying it will work, but putting the belt on the top heel in the company, the boss, and an experienced vet is the belt option.

WWE did the right thing here. And I'm sorry but this whole "keeping the younger" talent down stuff is getting overplayed.
    The part I agree with is that this isnt an issue of putting the younger talent down. Hunter is winning the belt to lose to Roman at Mania. He is being fed to the lions of the Roman Empire.

Just storyline wise, making the Authority more powerful doesnt seem compelling. If you went with say Ambrose, at Mania you would have gotten three of your top babyfaces with their hands raised high in victory(Reigns,Ambrose,and Brock).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    I liked this, Dean vs Owens could be a match of the year.
    Liked how the rumble was handled. R-truth was great. Kane added some more to his record. AJ Styles debuting and not getting eliminated quickly was something nice.
    Roman not winning was a good choice...but reallyyy???? TRIPLE H and NOT dean Ambrose????????

I guess for WM it will be Brock vs the Wyatts, and Triple H vs Roman. Unless Roman wins the title back at Fastlane
    R- Truth had my kids and I rolling over the floor in laughter.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

HHH was the best option given the circumstances. Vince wants to stick with Reigns. Reigns is having a hard time getting over, mostly, because of poor decisions not of his doing. Giving HHH the belt allows for much more compelling storytelling, and hopefully for a way for Reigns to headline Mania walking out champ with people behind him. Not saying it will work, but putting the belt on the top heel in the company, the boss, and an experienced vet is the belt option.

WWE did the right thing here. And I'm sorry but this whole "keeping the younger" talent down stuff is getting overplayed.
    I think Bray would have been the best choice given the circumstances. He's a young guy, biggest heel in the company not attached to the authority and has a history with Roman Reigns. With Bray being champ it means that Authority can step aside as their involvement in anything as not lead to good TV.

I didn't say they were "keeping them down." I'm saying they have no idea how to get a guy to the top of the mountain anymore, and once they get one close, they always drop the ball. WWE is seemingly incapable of booking guys into the main event picture unless they have been around since before the current era (Cena, Brock Lesnar, now Triple H). Ambrose, Owens, and Wyatt are all ready but don't get the call. At various times in the last five to ten years, several others have been there and been cut off at the knees.

And Triple H is only the "best" option because of that inability to built main event stars. The fact that the COO of the company, a near 50 year old retired wrestler is the federation champion says more about the WWE's problems than anything I could ever say would. Things are bad right now. Early to mid 90's bad. Just because this was the "best" option doesn't mean it was a good one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think Bray would have been the best choice given the circumstances. He's a young guy, biggest heel in the company not attached to the authority and has a history with Roman Reigns. With Bray being champ it means that Authority can step aside as their involvement in anything as not lead to good TV.
    See a lot of this is personal opinion. To you Bray is the biggest heel. To a lot of people he's a jobber who's done the same thing for 3 years and gotten nowhere. He should have been champ 2 years ago, and he just stayed in the mid-card. And him being young doesn't mean he's the best guy to be champ. It's getting to the point to where if your over 30 in Wrestling you need to retire with some fans.

You also aren't paying attention to the reality of the situation.

and Storyline wise I think HHH being champ is very compelling TV. You have the Boss as your champ. HHH can book a championship match, give a young guy a chance to be champion on the road to Wrestlemania. Then when the bell Rings, HHH gets the mic and tells this guy to lay down or he's fired. Big over powered villains are always good for compelling TV or whatever medium, because the story becomes about how they'll be defeated.

The main story guys is getting Reigns over, and getting him over as champ. It's not about keeping young talent down or putting the belt on people you consider old. If you don't like this or don't believe it to be true, then you are watching the wrong Wrestling program. This is how Vince has always done it, and will always do it.

Do I think the Authority is overplayed, yes. But I don't think you just put the belt on a guy because you think he's over when to most he clearly isn't. Young or not. You just don't put the belt on people because they have it and are ready. They have to be built up for it. The way WWE uses there talent, popular or not, they are not getting over enough to be capable of holding the belt and being the Ace.
    Last edited by The Nuke; 01-24-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

See a lot of this is personal opinion. To you Bray is the biggest heel. To a lot of people he's a jobber who's done the same thing for 3 years and gotten nowhere. He should have been champ 2 years ago, and he just stayed in the mid-card. And him being young doesn't mean he's the best guy to be champ. It's getting to the point to where if your over 30 in Wrestling you need to retire with some fans.

and Storyline wise I think HHH being champ is very compelling TV. You have the Boss as your champ. HHH can book a championship match, give a young guy a chance to be champion on the road to Wrestlemania. Then when the bell Rings, HHH gets the mic and tells this guy to lay down or he's fired. Big over powered villains are always good for compelling TV or whatever medium, because the story becomes about how they'll be defeated.

The main story guys is getting Reigns over, and getting him over as champ. It's not about keeping young talent down or putting the belt on people you consider old. If you don't like this or don't believe it to be true, then you are watching the wrong Wrestling program. This is how Vince has always done it, and will always do it.

Do I think the Authority is overplayed, yes. But I don't think you just put the belt on a guy because you think he's over when to most he clearly isn't. Young or not. You just don't put the belt on people because they have it and are ready. They have to be built up for it. The way WWE uses there talent, popular or not, they are not getting over enough to be capable of holding the belt and being the Ace.
    I don't think it will make for compelling TV at all. The Authority already takes too much of the programming air time and with HHH being champ now the show will resolve around them. I realize the main reason for this is to get Roman over as their next top guy but everything they've done so far as not worked. It doesn't help that their bookings of Roman is absolute crap. Honestly, HHH comes across more like a face than Romans does.

If the WWE is truly starved for star power than all they really need to do is clear Daniel Bryan. The guy been cleared by three independent doctors.

Your example of why the boss being is a good thing is actually the exact reason it's a bad thing.

Logically, it makes no sense for Roman to face Triple Head ever, or be champion again for as long as the Authority exists. Roman should never get that chance if the boss truly wants to keep him down. The only way it happens is to abandon all logic and have the bad guy boss leave enough opening to cause his own failure.

Of course, if Vince didn't want Reigns as champion, the most logical thing to do would be to just strip him of the title and legit fire him. Vince owns the belt, the ring, the company and the contract. Going through all this to get the belt off of him is stupid. If Vince is already a heel, and the Authority are already heels, what do they gain from this? Doing it the hard way doesn't fit their characters.

Having to work this hard for this long trying to get Roman Reigns over is crazy. Having to go to these lengths and ignoring the obviously more talented guys on the roster is infuriating to see as a fan.

Authority needs to go away. Reigns needs some time in the mid card to Polish his act. This is just so obviously manufactured. There is nothing organic in this build.

Astonishing Member

[QThe way it was set up had me thinking Dean was going to backstab Roman and then join the Authority--but I'm glad that isn't the case.

I think that the obvious choice isn't always the worst one. Wrestlemania is the culmination of storylines not where you push new talent to the main event. (Let Bray or KO win Money in the Bank)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly they could have booked Bray Wyatt to win this. He could have eliminated HHH who would have been stunned. A whole..." What have I wrought onto WWE ?" He could tell Stephanie , all he wanted to do was stop Roman Reigns and now he has the Eater of Worlds as champion.

By throwing this curve you question if Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar get the WWE World title back at Wrestlemania. Plus Bray Wyatt being champion would have led into tomorrow's RAW in a good way. That night a worried Vince McMahon , Stephanie and HHH debate strategy as they decide to meet later with Bray Wyatt. You tease the whole night how it goes.

HHH - "Last night....I should have been WWE World Champion for the 14th time. I clearly had everything go my way. I had everything planned and ready. I was gonna stop Roman Reigns. Then ....as it came down there was one man who didn't go along with the plan. One man who...decided to show he was a wildcard."

(Fans chant Bray Wyatt)

"So me and Vince debated this , we decided as the Authority we need to know where Bray Wyatt stands. As the new WWE World Champion , Bray Wyatt do you play ball or not ?"

Bray can come down as he has the WWE World Title in one hand and the other the lantern.

Bray Wyatt - "He's got the Whoooole world in his hands , he's got the whoooole world in his hands...."

"Triple-H , you and Vince McMahon come out and discuss POWER. What true power is , is spitting in the face of the GODS who believe they control you ! I spit in your face last night demi-god. I then TOOK YOU OUT like I did Brock Lesnar. The balance of power has shifted , can you feel it brothers and sisters ? The balance of power rests in the hands of me...and the Wyatt Family."

HHH - "Don't make me put a target on your back like I did Roman Reigns , Bray Wyatt. The League of Nations can be out here right now."

Bray Wyatt will smile and grin..."Call them , see if they come ."

Vince calls for the LON to come out as the music hits and no one comes down. Backstage all 4 men are laid out as Bray Wyatt smiles . Its pretty clear they laid all 4 guys out . They turn back as HHH is nailed by Eric Rowan and Luke Harper. Bray leads them into dismantling HHH. At the end he nails his finisher. A fearful Vince now has them surround him as they corner him.

"Don't come and threaten the EATER OF WORLDS in his den anymore old man. You have no power anymore....."

The result is Vince is powerless. The Wyatt's done warned him they will take out anyone. The balance of power shifts. Bray Wyatt is seen as a threat and will face HHH at Fastlane and defeat him to show that.

But the company plans on never giving these guys the PUSH they need so fuck em.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Bray can still feud with Reigns after Wrestlemania. Whoever won here likely will lose to Reigns at Wrestlemania anyway. It's a transitional champ.

Bray is arguably better off going for the belt down the line. Also a Bray/Lesnar feud sounds pretty cool.

Charlotte winning wasn't a surprise. Hugely disappointing, but not a surprise. Sasha's involvement though? Ugh,

I know, I know, she's awesome, she's great, blah, blah. bliddy blah. But I can't lie, her Super-Cena'esque booking since hitting the main roster has kinda made me resent her a little. It's not her fault, not at all. And it's not like she doesn't deserve the spotlight or the title, based on her talent.

But thanks to the WWE... and also, to a certain degree, fan reaction, I actually now find myself annoyed at the prospect of a talented wrestler being involved in a title feud. Which is ridiculous. But the pedestal both the WWE and fans have put Sasha on is just a little too extreme for me.

Is Sasha a great wrestler? Yes.

Is she so great that it justifies fans chanting "We want Sasha" even during a few genuinely decent matches? No.

Is she so great that Becky should now be cast aside, her feud with Charlotte reduced to filler until Sasha was fit? No.

Admittedly, that last one is supposition on my part. It's possible Becky will still be involved, leading up to a triple threat at Mania. But Sasha's obviously winning that so ultimately, Becky would still only be there to make up the numbers.

My biggest concern is that with Sasha feuding with Charlotte for the belt and the rest of the division likely involved in pointless Total Divas driven matches, Becky could potentially end up being Kaitlyn'd. She'll be left with nothing to do but the occasional bit of jobbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Charlotte winning wasn't a surprise. Hugely disappointing, but not a surprise. Sasha's involvement though? Ugh,

I know, I know, she's awesome, she's great, blah, blah. bliddy blah. But I can't lie, her Super-Cena'esque booking since hitting the main roster has kinda made me resent her a little. It's not her fault, not at all. And it's not like she doesn't deserve the spotlight or the title, based on her talent.

But thanks to the WWE... and also, to a certain degree, fan reaction, I actually now find myself annoyed at the prospect of a talented wrestler being involved in a title feud. Which is ridiculous. But the pedestal both the WWE and fans have put Sasha on is just a little too extreme for me.

Is Sasha a great wrestler? Yes.

Is she so great that it justifies fans chanting "We want Sasha" even during a few genuinely decent matches? No.

Is she so great that Becky should now be cast aside, her feud with Charlotte reduced to filler until Sasha was fit? No.

Admittedly, that last one is supposition on my part. It's possible Becky will still be involved, leading up to a triple threat at Mania. But Sasha's obviously winning that so ultimately, Becky would still only be there to make up the numbers.

My biggest concern is that with Sasha feuding with Charlotte for the belt and the rest of the division likely involved in pointless Total Divas driven matches, Becky could potentially end up being Kaitlyn'd. She'll be left with nothing to do but the occasional bit of jobbing.
    I see Sasha losing to Charlotte at "Fastlane" via Nature Boy interference. Which sets up the Divas match at "WrestleMania".

I think, based on the teaser promo for WrestleMania, that the Divas match will be a Fatal Four-Way. Charlotte versus the three Divas who have lost to her due to Ric's interference: Sasha, Becky, and Paige. I'm saying this because the WrestleMania teaser showed these four Divas, and I don't think that the WWE is going to have two Divas matches at WrestleMania. Thus, a Fatal Four-Way.

Sorry. Double post.

Astonishing Member

http://network.wwe.com/video/v539768483
    WWE 24
    WRESTLEMANIA: SILICON VALLEY
    my post rumble treat