Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Charlotte winning wasn't a surprise. Hugely disappointing, but not a surprise. Sasha's involvement though? Ugh,

I know, I know, she's awesome, she's great, blah, blah. bliddy blah. But I can't lie, her Super-Cena'esque booking since hitting the main roster has kinda made me resent her a little. It's not her fault, not at all. And it's not like she doesn't deserve the spotlight or the title, based on her talent.

But thanks to the WWE... and also, to a certain degree, fan reaction, I actually now find myself annoyed at the prospect of a talented wrestler being involved in a title feud. Which is ridiculous. But the pedestal both the WWE and fans have put Sasha on is just a little too extreme for me.

Is Sasha a great wrestler? Yes.

Is she so great that it justifies fans chanting "We want Sasha" even during a few genuinely decent matches? No.

Is she so great that Becky should now be cast aside, her feud with Charlotte reduced to filler until Sasha was fit? No.

Admittedly, that last one is supposition on my part. It's possible Becky will still be involved, leading up to a triple threat at Mania. But Sasha's obviously winning that so ultimately, Becky would still only be there to make up the numbers.

My biggest concern is that with Sasha feuding with Charlotte for the belt and the rest of the division likely involved in pointless Total Divas driven matches, Becky could potentially end up being Kaitlyn'd. She'll be left with nothing to do but the occasional bit of jobbing.

As far as I know, Becky is not a member of their chosen ones. If you are a fan of someone who isn't, keep expectations low.

She did a fine job in that feud. Lynch showed more speaking ability than expected and fans connected with her naturally likeable face character. One would think in a division long starving for several new breakthroughs such would be rewarded. But I just don't think the powers that be care much.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Fantastic Member

I would of preferred it if Trips had laid out Ambrose cold and it was just a simple matter of throwing him over the top rope only for Trips to self eliminate himself. Smiling he hops over the top rope, walks down the steps, grabs the belt and lays it on top of Ambrose. He grabs a mic and does a big "Your new Authority Champion" speech while Ambrose is just recovering and looking confused. "Didn't I tell you I'd make all your dreams come true if you joined us kid?" Trips leaves as Ambrose stares at the belt in his hand "Give it back if you don't want it!" Then we get the dilemma of will Ambrose keep the belt or give it up back to the Authority. His friends get suspicious of him and the cracks start to show in that friendship.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Miz is awesome he's talking trash and stays outside the ring... "Keep lookin at me like that , I'll turn Suplex City into Disney World !"
    i thought he said mizney world too

i predict ambrose vs owens vs styles vs zayn for the IC title at wm32

have styles and zayn ever gone at it
    i meant styles and jericho cause i think a match on raw tonight would be phenomenal and break some walls down

WWE Network: AJ Styles makes his WWE debut: Royal Rumble 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubZR-cfkSDQ

an actual tweet of mine
    @WWE please have @AJStylesOrg vs @IAmJericho happen tonight on #raw
    Last edited by steve2275; 01-25-2016 at 06:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Charlotte winning wasn't a surprise. Hugely disappointing, but not a surprise. Sasha's involvement though? Ugh,

I know, I know, she's awesome, she's great, blah, blah. bliddy blah. But I can't lie, her Super-Cena'esque booking since hitting the main roster has kinda made me resent her a little. It's not her fault, not at all. And it's not like she doesn't deserve the spotlight or the title, based on her talent.

But thanks to the WWE... and also, to a certain degree, fan reaction, I actually now find myself annoyed at the prospect of a talented wrestler being involved in a title feud. Which is ridiculous. But the pedestal both the WWE and fans have put Sasha on is just a little too extreme for me.

Is Sasha a great wrestler? Yes.

Is she so great that it justifies fans chanting "We want Sasha" even during a few genuinely decent matches? No.

Is she so great that Becky should now be cast aside, her feud with Charlotte reduced to filler until Sasha was fit? No.

Admittedly, that last one is supposition on my part. It's possible Becky will still be involved, leading up to a triple threat at Mania. But Sasha's obviously winning that so ultimately, Becky would still only be there to make up the numbers.

My biggest concern is that with Sasha feuding with Charlotte for the belt and the rest of the division likely involved in pointless Total Divas driven matches, Becky could potentially end up being Kaitlyn'd. She'll be left with nothing to do but the occasional bit of jobbing.
    Your wrong on almost all points. Sasha deserves it and she's the most over diva and what Cenaesque booking? She's basically been put on the shelf in favor of wrestlers way less popular than her and the pops from the crowd get stronger and stronger. If anything she should get more exposure and it finally looks like it's happening. Becky could get put on the back burner for Sasha but honestly that's the way it should be not the other way around.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    HHH was the best option given the circumstances. Vince wants to stick with Reigns. Reigns is having a hard time getting over, mostly, because of poor decisions not of his doing. Giving HHH the belt allows for much more compelling storytelling, and hopefully for a way for Reigns to headline Mania walking out champ with people behind him. Not saying it will work, but putting the belt on the top heel in the company, the boss, and an experienced vet is the best option.

WWE did the right thing here. And I'm sorry but this whole "keeping the younger" talent down stuff is getting overplayed.
    okay. You want to go that route....

Vince doesn't want to promote pro wrestlers. He wants to promote actors and use wrestlers to make his actors look good. It's like the movie Hooper, but Burt Reynolds and Jan Michael Vincent can carry their roles among the stuntman. Vince's actors aren't even two dimensional.

And don't get me started on Leveque's talent raids. He's adopted music industry standards of thuggery.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Are you new to the Rumble match? It's not uncommon for eliminated people to eliminate guys still in the match. That's how most feuds got started in Rumbles of old.
    3 eliminated guys coming in the ring for about 10min and eliminating someone is common??? Ok I haven't seen the Rumble in awhile but I don't remember stuff like that.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    3 eliminated guys coming in the ring for about 10min and eliminating someone is common??? Ok I haven't seen the Rumble in awhile but I don't remember stuff like that.
    Just so you know, that's how Stone Cold won the 97 Royal Rumble.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Just so you know, that's how Stone Cold won the 97 Royal Rumble.
    Well yeah they wrote it so the refs didn't see him get thrown out so he came back in to screw Bret. That's not the same as 3 dudes coming back in the match and eliminating someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    As far as I know, Becky is not a member of their chosen ones. If you are a fan of someone who isn't, keep expectations low.

She did a fine job in that feud. Lynch showed more speaking ability than expected and fans connected with her naturally likeable face character. One would think in a division long starving for several new breakthroughs such would be rewarded. But I just don't think the powers that be care much.
    Though I think Becky deserves the title, really Charlotte only JUST got it. And as a heel with Ric she's doing pretty well. I think Becky SHOULD be Divas champion somewhere down the line, but even as a fan of hers I wouldn't say now was the time to have Charlotte drop it to her. If she's going to drop it, do it at Wrestlemania. Give her a descent run with the belt. I think it's less that they don't want to reward her and more that it's just not the right time IMO.

And arguably the best person to drop it to is Sasha. Not taking anything away from Becky, but Sasha's probably the biggest upcoming star for the division.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I think Becky deserves the title, really Charlotte only JUST got it. And as a heel with Ric she's doing pretty well. I think Becky SHOULD be Divas champion somewhere down the line, but even as a fan of hers I wouldn't say now was the time to have Charlotte drop it to her. If she's going to drop it, do it at Wrestlemania. Give her a descent run with the belt. I think it's less that they don't want to reward her and more that it's just not the right time IMO.

And arguably the best person to drop it to is Sasha. Not taking anything away from Becky, but Sasha's probably the biggest upcoming star for the division.
    Exactly. Becky will be in the spotlight soon enough, but 2015 was the year of Banks. We had to patiently wait for a bunch of divas to get a shot at the title before Sasha, so now its finally her turn.

Well yeah they wrote it so the refs didn't see him get thrown out so he came back in to screw Bret. That's not the same as 3 dudes coming back in the match and eliminating someone.
    There's no disqualification in the Rumble so it's within the parameters of the event for outside interference to cause an elimination. It's not FAIR but it's not strictly speaking illegal.

Extraordinary Member

There's no disqualification in the Rumble so it's within the parameters of the event for outside interference to cause an elimination. It's not FAIR but it's not strictly speaking illegal.
    I'm just saying it was pretty bad writing to me. It's like what's the point of eliminating people then if they can come back in the ring and eliminate you? Might as well have everybody come back in and do the same thing. I mean outside interference yeah but coming back in the ring like that was just bad.

Ultimate Member

When Shawn Michaels won the rumble the second time, he eliminated Vader but Vader went beserk and cleared out the entire ring (he gorilla pressed Michaels over the top rope).

But none of that mattered because Vader had been eliminated already. Stone Cold's case was different because the referees didnt see Austin go over the top rope.

I don't eliminated people can just come back into the ring and throw people. That defeats the entire purpose of the Royal Rumble.

Incredible Member

I think it's just sad that some of you actually thought Wyatt had a chance. He was never going to be anywhere near that title, and you should have known it. I've been watching WWE on and off for 18 years, it's usually pretty easy to see where they are going.

The main storyline was clear from the beginning, and it has been clear since HHH and Reigns started being the focus. Yet you guys just think throwing Wyatt in there and becoming champ all of a sudden will make for great "writing"? That he will sell out Mania?

WWE was actually going to stop a storyline they've been building since October, just to give Bray the Title? Reigns vs HHH isn't about Reigns vs HHH. IT's about HHH not wanting Reigns to be champ. Take the belt out of it and it loses it's importance, because the belt is the main thing about it.

Now am I saying Bray wouldn't be a good champ? No. He should have been champ a few years ago. He should have been a top heel. Instead 50/50 booking and being fed to Taker have taken him down a bit. I think the Lesnar feud will help him get back to where he needs to be. Unless he loses. I'm sorry, but wins and loses do matter. People watching see this, and I'm not putting my belt on someone who is a loser.

Was HHH being champ the best option? No. At least not until Survivor Series. But this is WWE. They don't book proper Wrestling. You want that you need to watch NEW JAPAN PRO-WRESTLING. WWE is still caught up in the Soap Opera days that they had success with during the Attitude Era days.

Arguing about the rights, wrongs, and better options isn't really the point. Point is you guys saw it coming, people like me told you, and you still thought otherwise.

This is WWE guys. Time to start paying attention. Their tea leaves are there for all to see.
    Last edited by The Nuke; 01-25-2016 at 10:10 AM.

Fantastic Member