Thread: Wrestling WWE

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    That's a badass main event
    Uh, fuck the title, can we just make that the Wrestlemania main event?!?!?!?!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Well, it was nice knowing you titty master
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    jericho vs. styles?!

fuck yes!
    you guys are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    gun to my head, Id take Sheamus over Roman

at least sheamus can spur a reaction from me, good or bad

just can't get invested in Roman, he always seems disinterested
    I think I would too. I never thought I would say that but.......... Reigns just does not show "it" nor get the reactions to merit such a massive push with above and beyond protection.

Guy has not spent nearly enough solo time in the midcard. Or much of any really. Most of the highly successful greats did. I think it is important in honing yourself and perfecting how to connect with fans.

Roman just feels artificially manufactured at this point.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    I think I would too. I never thought I would say that but.......... Reigns just does not show "it" nor get the reactions to merit such a massive push with above and beyond protection.

Guy has not spent nearly enough solo time in the midcard. Or much of any really. Most of the highly successful greats did. I think it is important in honing yourself and perfecting how to connect with fans.

Roman just feels artificially manufactured at this point.
    I don't hate Reigns but after this Royal Rumble, I'm inclined to agree with you.

And this dovetails to a point many of us here made about a year ago, Reigns should have spent more time in the mid-card.

IMHO, he doesn't have the "it" factor as you rightly mentioned. People can explain it away as much as they like but the boos that Reigns gets at these major events means something is very wrong.

For the record, "it" doesn't necessarily mean just good looks. Guys like Kevin Owens, Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles and even Dean Ambrose have "it". Maybe it's the booking, I can't really say but I'm honestly not feeling Reigns at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't hate Reigns but after this Royal Rumble, I'm inclined to agree with you.

And this dovetails to a point many of us here made about a year ago, Reigns should have spent more time in the mid-card.

IMHO, he doesn't have the "it" factor as you rightly mentioned. People can explain it away as much as they like but the boos that Reigns gets at these major events means something is very wrong.

For the record, "it" doesn't necessarily mean just good looks. Guys like Kevin Owens, Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles and even Dean Ambrose have "it". Maybe it's the booking, I can't really say but I'm honestly not feeling Reigns at all.
    Boo's in and of itself don't necessarily imply something is wrong... Cena has proven that. If Reigns is doing an okay job selling merchandize or getting ratings, then he might be justifying the role he's getting. I don't know if that's the case though... WWE obviously has the numbers.

But that said, I think the key to using Reigns is simply to have him heel turn down the line. Give him a top heel run and he'll likely be fine when they're ready to turn him face again. Often the easiest way to create a top face is to simply turn a top heel.

I don't think Reigns is the guy who will inevitably take Cena's position... but I do think he's a main eventer. He just won't be THE guy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Boo's in and of itself don't necessarily imply something is wrong... Cena has proven that. If Reigns is doing an okay job selling merchandize or getting ratings, then he might be justifying the role he's getting. I don't know if that's the case though... WWE obviously has the numbers.

But that said, I think the key to using Reigns is simply to have him heel turn down the line. Give him a top heel run and he'll likely be fine when they're ready to turn him face again. Often the easiest way to create a top face is to simply turn a top heel.

I don't think Reigns is the guy who will inevitably take Cena's position... but I do think he's a main eventer. He just won't be THE guy.
    Yeah but John Cena was insanely over earlier on (especially around his first US championship reign). The boos started coming in after a couple of years.

It's much too early in Reigns career for him to getting massive boos like the ones he was getting at the Royal Rumble. I mean, it's so bad that a lot of people would rather see a near 50 year old Triple H as champion than Reigns.

You're right that WWE probably have other data that they use to justify their Reigns push but I think it's obvious that a large number of people just don't believe in Reigns.

Folks have been talking about a Reigns heel turn but it's very clear that they have no interest in a heel turn.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-26-2016 at 10:52 AM.

LMAO

Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah but John Cena was insanely over earlier on (especially around his first US championship reign). The boos started coming in after a couple of years.

It's much too early in Reigns career for him to getting massive boos like the ones he was getting at the Royal Rumble. I mean, it's so bad that a lot of people would rather see a near 50 year old Triple H as champion than Reigns.

You're right that WWE probably have other data that they use to justify their Reigns push but I think it's obvious that a large number of people just don't believe in Reigns.

Folks have been talking about a Reigns heel turn but it's very clear that they have no interest in a heel turn.
    MOST wrestlers will turn heel and face to keep things fresh. The exceptions are generally the uber baby faces.... but Reigns really doesn't fall in that category. I think at some point he'll be a heel again, though the likely end point will be attempting to build him up as a top face.

But certainly right now I think they're more interested in him as a face as there's a void in that area with Cena out of the picture.

The ratings have been rather unimpressive and his reactions are, generally speaking, more negative than a Cena who has been doing the same act for the better part of a decade.

I agree about the need for a heel turn here. But I think they have been so caught up doing what they want to do now, that they aren't thinking clearly longterm on this.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

More from Bret's interview and he basically pretty much detailed the problems with the Authority and why HHH , Stephanie and Vince don't seem to understand "Good Guy and Bad Guy" anymore.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6675...-more#/slide/1

I don’t think it made any difference. It got a big pop the first night. It’s the same old thing. It’s like Triple H and Stephanie they want to be the bad guys. The evil authority. The wicked evil promoters. Then they are at WrestleMania praising, getting an award or giving awards for Make-a-Wish and they want to be the good guys. They want to be the heroes of the company. I think the same thing with Vince. He’s the evil promoter but then he walks out and they cheer him and he goes in to his shtick and kind of does his whole, “I’m an evil promoter,” and everyone is cheering him. It doesn’t mean anything. You can’t be both. Paul Heyman… they hate him. He is the heel manager of the business today. Almost anything that he touches or anybody he manages or anything he says they are going to boo him. They hate him. That’s what you need. You need someone who can keep heat and you can’t have it both ways. You can’t be the heroes of the company and the villains of the company at the exact same time. You want to give yourself a pat on the back for Make-a-Wish Foundation and all this stuff? Then quit trying to be the heels of the company at the same time. If you look at Triple H even years ago he’s never understood. Like when he did that whole thing with the Kliq where they all hated each other and then they all hugged each other at the Garden. Then they all got on the top rope and second rope and did the Kliq sign to the crowd. Then they all hugged each other in the middle of the ring and all of that. It’s the same thing. They just don’t understand that wrestling fans want to believe it’s real. They want to believe you are a bad guy. When they invest their time and energy in to you being a bad guy. Then you go ahead and do something that makes you a good guy you think, “Aw, the fans all know what’s going on.” It’s just stupid. It’s just really the wrong way to go. You either gotta be a good guy or you gotta be a bad guy.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

my name is Bret Hart and Im a grumpy hippie

the world has passed him by

stare at your plate and enjoy the living that WWE afforded you

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    my name is Bret Hart and Im a grumpy hippie

the world has passed him by

stare at your plate and enjoy the living that WWE afforded you
    I kinda predicted this response because Bret is right. The failure of the Authority is one moment HHH is taking photos with the NXT guys and accepting awards as a nice guy. The next , he's onscreen acting as a villain promoter. Bret's critic is spot on honestly and as usual , some fans won't understand. Because how dare this old man detail a problem ! This company just signed AJ Styles and others. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I kinda predicted this response because Bret is right. The failure of the Authority is one moment HHH is taking photos with the NXT guys and accepting awards as a nice guy. The next , he's onscreen acting as a villain promoter. Bret's critic is spot on honestly and as usual , some fans won't understand. Because how dare this old man detail a problem ! This company just signed AJ Styles and others. lol
    because HHH is playing a role on TV and has a job outside of that

its no different from an actor who plays a villainous role and then does charity work

people should understand that, kayfabe is DEAD and buried