Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    because HHH is playing a role on TV and has a job outside of that

its no different from an actor who plays a villainous role and then does charity work

people should understand that, kayfabe is DEAD and buried
    Au contraire, mon frère! Triple H is the villain of the product sabotaging his own character by not playing the villain on the self-same product. In other words, if you want to do the charity work, more power to you. BUT, don't self-promote it on the same show in which you're supposed to be the bad guy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    More from Bret's interview and he basically pretty much detailed the problems with the Authority and why HHH , Stephanie and Vince don't seem to understand "Good Guy and Bad Guy" anymore.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6675...-more#/slide/1
    I see Bret's point about keeping kayfabe alive but his examples are horrid.

Heyman gets a huge pop whenever he shows up. He only gets booed by little kids.

Has Brock behaved as a face at all. Nope. Is he cheered like a face? Yep.

This is the era where heels are more beloved than the hero.

New Day rips your city and then they get cheers of New Day rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I kinda predicted this response because Bret is right. The failure of the Authority is one moment HHH is taking photos with the NXT guys and accepting awards as a nice guy. The next , he's onscreen acting as a villain promoter. Bret's critic is spot on honestly and as usual , some fans won't understand. Because how dare this old man detail a problem ! This company just signed AJ Styles and others. lol
    Does ANYONE not understand? Anyone on this board confused about a heel promoter occasionally being shown supporting Make a Wish or Susan B. Coleman or whatever?

I don't think it's that hard to figure out, nor do I think it's an issue at all. Anyone that can't understand what's going on probably shouldn't be watching the show without their mommies and daddies there to explain it to them in the first place. But the rest of us get it, so it's kind of a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

That's where Bret sort mentality is dated.

PLENTY of bad guys get cheered. Certainly Heyman as you mentioned. Owens on any given night can get one of the strongest pops. Sasha Banks is a heel and probably the most over female on the main roster right now. That's just how it is in the modern era. If you're entertaining a lot of people will cheer you regardless of whether you're a face or heel.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

bret talks about this but he sounds like vince in this way. the business has evolved but guys like bret seems stuck in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by blubeetle3 View Post
    Au contraire, mon frère! Triple H is the villain of the product sabotaging his own character by not playing the villain on the self-same product. In other words, if you want to do the charity work, more power to you. BUT, don't self-promote it on the same show in which you're supposed to be the bad guy.
    i'm with this. do all the charity work you want but once the show starts get into character and know your role as the great one would say. the viewers are basically asked to play along so i think the people putting on the show should do the same. if not do away with good guys and bad guys all together and bring back vince russo.

with that said i think the the evil owner/boss/GM whatever being as tired and played out as the authority themselves are as characters is a much bigger problem.

has anybody seen the lucha underground guys(rey, johnny, cuerno & melissa) on sportscenter?? doesn't WWE have some kind of deal with ESPN??

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    because HHH is playing a role on TV and has a job outside of that

its no different from an actor who plays a villainous role and then does charity work

people should understand that, kayfabe is DEAD and buried
    It's two TV persona's that contradict each other. NXT is not in some other universe, it crosses over with Raw.

It's like Lex Luthor being a Villain in Superman, but a hero in Action Comics. Both Superman comics, both taking place in the same Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    It's two TV persona's that contradict each other. NXT is not in some other universe, it crosses over with Raw.

It's like Lex Luthor being a Villain in Superman, but a hero in Action Comics. Both Superman comics, both taking place in the same Universe.
    The thing with NXT is that Triple H isn't really a character on the show. He'll show up, hype up the product (which is something even a heel owner should do) then essentially to backstage. He's not involved in angles or storylines or anything like that. There's nothing heelish for him to really do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post

I agree with this.

Astonishing Member

I actually don't think it's out of character for Heel HHH and Steph to be doing charity work. If you asked their characters if they thought they were good people, they would say "Yes".

If Bray Wyatt ever started doing public works of charity, I'd be going "WTF"

I think another thing to remember is that a lot of these charities like Connors Cure or Susan B. Colemen likely get more donations and support when we see stuff like that acknowledged on television. It helps... and that is likely far more important than the company owners arguably "breaking characters" for 5 minutes in a problem.

Astonishing Member

Bigger problem is kevin owens acting more like a bab6face in the rumble than reigns. When ambrose turns he will be more cheered than reigns, and its all wwes fault.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Bigger problem is kevin owens acting more like a bab6face in the rumble than reigns. When ambrose turns he will be more cheered than reigns, and its all wwes fault.
    Even though I was fooled during the Rumble thinking Ambrose-Roman would turn, I think they will keep the pairing together. They know Ambrose is over (thus making him F2) and it's better to use him to help keep Reigns cheered.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

The heels get cheered because the faces are forced to be grinning, insincere jackasses constantly mugging for the camera while oftentimes behaving in ways that make them little better than the heels.

Faces left to grow organically (Daniel Bryan's probably that last good example of this) can get cheered just fine, even over 'cool' heels.
    Last edited by wjowski; 01-27-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

MORE HAPPENINGS!! Nakamura has arrived!
    https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/69...rc=twsrc%5Etfw