Thread: Wrestling WWE

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Eh ... look at the Rock's trajectory.

Reigns just needs a repackage, some time off screen, and/or a new/old group to get back on track. He has the tools, I really think booking hasn't done him any favors. Kind of like Sheamus.

There is one thing that this era doesn't have when Rocky became The Rock: A legit Threat from another wrestling company.

Incredible Member

The main issue with Reigns is that all his booking is designed to try to get him over. LOL!!! Let me rephrase, all his booking is designed to try to get people to actually like him and not boo him. Cena was over when they pulled the trigger on him, he was made organically, even if he become over saturated after the fact.

It was obvious that Reigns was chosen. He was given his spot when he wasn't ready for it.

A heel turn could save him, but if they continue trying to push him as a monster face then the only thing is shows that Vince is no better than any Wrestling promoter who didn't change with the times, like Watts or Vern.

Look at Ambrose, over with the big and casual fans. You gave him the belt tomorrow and made him the top guy most would mark out for it. Ambrose has done it on his own, just like Bryan did, and CM Punk did. Bad thing for the latter 2 is that they have to fight Vince to get their spot. Well fans had to fight Vince in Bryan's case.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    IDK, booking is what got roman over to begin with. they made him look like gold while he was in the shield, they just completely fukt it up when they went about splitting them up.
    Yeah, I'm talking about post-SHIELD booking. SHIELD was booked really well for the most part. Reigns has had **** booking and **** pushes. He didn't even get built up. Dean and to a lesser extent, Seth were (Seth jumped to the top via shenanigans but still showed he earned it with programs that followed) built up, while Roman was just kind of there with nothing unique or any kind of build.

SHIELD was cool and all, I wish they were still together, but Dean and Seth have tangible traits and accomplishments to point to, while Roman is just Diesel 2.0. No real gimmick, and no real reason to be in the big dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    There is one thing that this era doesn't have when Rocky became The Rock: A legit Threat from another wrestling company.
    It shouldn't take competition to make one great. Someone having the balls to improve the company would be a good start.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

so provided AJ stays healthy (he says hes good now and im sure the WWE did the full physical thing before signing him), there are a ton of "dream matchups" but I think A.J. vs Cena is one of the potential BIG MONEY matchups once John Boy is back

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    so provided AJ stays healthy (he says hes good now and im sure the WWE did the full physical thing before signing him), there are a ton of "dream matchups" but I think A.J. vs Cena is one of the potential BIG MONEY matchups once John Boy is back
    I got to see AJ vs. Jericho already, so I'm good.

AJ verus Orton, Cena, are the big money draws. AJ vs. Ziggler, Owens, Cesaro, and Bray the ones I'd like to see.

And I'm not at all an AJ mark. I still think Okada carried him ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

I got to see AJ vs. Jericho already, so I'm good.

AJ verus Orton, Cena, are the big money draws. AJ vs. Ziggler, Owens, Cesaro, and Bray the ones I'd like to see.

And I'm not at all an AJ mark. I still think Okada carried him ...
    lets be real here, Okada could carry a drunk broomstick

I agree with you on your assessment of what falls where

Id like to see him against Owens, Cesaro, Ziggler, maybe Del Rio

Honestly I'm not entirely sure AJ feuding with anyone would really be a BIG MONEY match by WWE standards. It's not like getting the Rock or Sting or anything like that.

Don't get me wrong... I think AJ has the definate potential of freshing up the main event scene with a lot of fresh feuds and matches. He'll certainly put out a lot of cool matches that I've personally wanted to see... AJ vs Jericho being up there. But I'm not sure AJ is a big enough star to move the needle, so to speak.

Extraordinary Member

It shouldn't take competition to make one great. Someone having the balls to improve the company would be a good start.

no completion = No threat= no need to change.

If there wasn't WCW in 96 then Vince would of never left the New Generation. Stone cold would still be the ringmaster, HHH a blue blooded snob.

WCW made him realse he lost touch with the crowd ( Mick and others have said he held a meeting about that) and became more receptive on guys doing what they wanted for their character and story ideas.

Now that he won he tries to re-write history saying it was all him and he still knows what he is doing.

Extraordinary Member

lets be real here, Okada could carry a drunk broomstick

I agree with you on your assessment of what falls where

Id like to see him against Owens, Cesaro, Ziggler, maybe Del Rio
    Here you go

BANNED

I want it in a WWE ring, HD, big stage

not in a gym

but I appreciate the thought

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

no completion = No threat= no need to change.

If there wasn't WCW in 96 then Vince would of never left the New Generation. Stone cold would still be the ringmaster, HHH a blue blooded snob.

WCW made him realse he lost touch with the crowd ( Mick and others have said he held a meeting about that) and became more receptive on guys doing what they wanted for their character and story ideas.

Now that he won he tries to re-write history saying it was all him and he still knows what he is doing.
    That and he had a young 35 year old man named Vince Russo who actually saw what was working with ECW and it provided a blue print for him to follow. They took that extreme edge that ECW had and toned it down to fit the Attitude Era. A fact Vince said during the Rise and Fall of ECW , "If Paul would have toned down some elements , his brand would have survived."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That and he had a young 35 year old man named Vince Russo who actually saw what was working with ECW and it provided a blue print for him to follow. They took that extreme edge that ECW had and toned it down to fit the Attitude Era. A fact Vince said during the Rise and Fall of ECW , "If Paul would have toned down some elements , his brand would have survived."
    Vince has always been complementary of Paul, saying if things were different and Paul would have survived, not WCW

and
    no completion = No threat= no need to change
    this couldn't be more true

coasting is fine when there is no solid reason to change

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Necrophilia is toning it down?

BANNED

Necrophilia is toning it down?
    moment of silence for Katie Vick

Extraordinary Member

So it appears Shamus in a cast dealing with tendonitis......