Thread: Wrestling WWE

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As someone on Wrestlezone commented , it has to piss Punk off answering the same question he's been asked 100 times since he decided to try a MMA career , "So do you think you can go from pro wrestling to MMA ?" I'm sure Punk grew tired of that question the many times he was asked it.
    What makes it funny is the first guys who probably asked him are these MMA journos who have less than five years of MMA experience asking him out of spite while wishing they could interview cooler dudes like Josh Barnett, Luke Rockhold or Demetrius Johnson, yet never truly seeing the irony of that thought.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Im going to agree here, I dont know this Kevin Wong but his tone was all wrong in the interview, it came off as trying for "gotcha" soundbites as opposed to an actual interview

Id like it if Punk went on FS1s MMA coverage or showed up on a UFC Fight Night and put himself out there for the UFC and MMA fans
    i can agree. considering how long it's been since punk left and decided to do MMA, those kind of questions did seem like gotcha questions that he had more than likely answered many times before and seemed to get a rise out of the guy.

punk's a douche= old news anyways. people give fruitista so much **** but he wanted to give MMA a try and he just went out and quietly did it, but punk for all his high horse bullshit he talks instead went for the big cash grab and spotlight and then acts like a prick when the attention he gets isn't always positive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    RIP.

To many ECW guys have gone.

Nakamura vs Anderson

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3d...1-7-2015_sport
    whoever it was that said they think machine gun only got signed because of who he knows needs to watch that.

and I don't think they f'd him up, he got lost in the shuffle during that whole Nexus thing and then he languished in the undercard, it happens

but, but, buuuuuut he seems to be doing his best work now OUTSIDE of the WWE

also a pleasant surprise to see Santana Garrett in NXT, short match against Asuka but I think she did ok
    i don't think he got lost in the shuffle during the nexus thing, he was one of the bright spots of it. i do agree though they didn't fuk him up they just didn't do ANYTHING with him, which is fuking up in itself but at anytime they could've started using him, he wasn't damaged or anything.

with the news about Bret I find myself rolling back through his catalog of matches

what goes where...his SummerSlam match with Mr Perfect, vs Owen at Mania X, the Iron Man match against Shawn
    if you've never seen bret & owen vs the steiner bros be sure to check that out. it makes me wish they would've had a run as a tag team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    punk's a douche= old news anyways. people give fruitista so much **** but he wanted to give MMA a try and he just went out and quietly did it, but punk for all his high horse bullshit he talks instead went for the big cash grab and spotlight and then acts like a prick when the attention he gets isn't always positive.

whoever it was that said they think machine gun only got signed because of who he knows needs to watch that.

i don't think he got lost in the shuffle during the nexus thing, he was one of the bright spots of it. i do agree though they didn't fuk him up they just didn't do ANYTHING with him, which is fuking up in itself but at anytime they could've started using him, he wasn't damaged or anything.

if you've never seen bret & owen vs the steiner bros be sure to check that out. it makes me wish they would've had a run as a tag team.
    I said that about Anderson. Wasnt a slam on Anderson just this is a company that is pushing Braun Strowman over Luke Harper.

Astonishing Member

Also the Meltz so commented on all the ties that Anderson has fo NJPW talent that the WWE covets.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Also the Meltz so commented on all the ties that Anderson has fo NJPW talent that the WWE covets.
    the funny thing is i think WWE could've already signed most of those guys they now covet but chose to pass on them.

Mighty Member

the funny thing is i think WWE could've already signed most of those guys they now covet but chose to pass on them.
    Swear. The offices have the mentality of a schizophrenic manchild. That in of itself should be a big turnoff in doing business.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

anderson was ready for WWE development 8yrs ago, now even if he goes straight to the main roster and gets over like rover they'll say "well he's too old, we can't push him" while HHH is still the top heel.

Bull Dempsey, Sylvester lefort and the other French guy have all been released

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    why BULLFIT!?!? Goddamn that's releasing a golden goose for no reason

with the news about Bret I find myself rolling back through his catalog of matches

what goes where...his SummerSlam match with Mr Perfect, vs Owen at Mania X, the Iron Man match against Shawn
    My favorite will always be the Double Turn at WM 13.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As someone on Wrestlezone commented , it has to piss Punk off answering the same question he's been asked 100 times since he decided to try a MMA career , "So do you think you can go from pro wrestling to MMA ?" I'm sure Punk grew tired of that question the many times he was asked it.
    I kinda want to see him win and do well now. At first, I wanted to see him get destroyed and then come crawling back to Vince ... not so much now.

I didn't like Batista but him going to MMA and then into acting seems to have "softened" or "warmed" him up to be a better person.

Punk is so punchable.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If I was TNA I'd scout the NXT and WWE guys who get cut the next few months. The WWE will be cutting some talent , so browse through which ones you can work best with and go from there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I didn't like Batista but him going to MMA and then into acting seems to have "softened" or "warmed" him up to be a better person.

Punk is so punchable.
    He seems way more humble. That and if you are doing hundreds and hundreds of interviews like Batista has been doing--you get better at it.

why BULLFIT!?!? Goddamn that's releasing a golden goose for no reason
    You could see slowly dropping lower and lower on the card.

I really liked the French guys though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Not surprising. Why make stars when you can buy them? WWE hasn't had much luck creating anybody really. Few here and there, and even those never get far with how WWE books things. Guys who spent time in ROH or elsewhere have been the one's who've over in the company. Even Cesaro, who just keeps getting hot every time they allow him to have a 20 minute match.

Such an astonishing shift from 2 years ago when all HHH could say was,"We don't want any indie talent. They have to much baggage. They don't want to play by our play book. We'll make our own stars." Not as easy as said way it looks. Now some of the top Indie and Japan talent is on his roster.

Experience is key, I think WWE finally wants that experience. They need that experience on their roster.

Plus it looks like Evolve will now be the training ground, or something like it. Where they'll see what Evolve has in stock that's worth buying and then pick what they like. Cheap and new products that will at least have a lot more experience then a lot of guys being trained by WWE now.

More and more WWE made products will probably get released, because of this shift in buying instead of making. WWE has said as much that if you want to make it in WWE, you need to be s star elsewhere.
    Last edited by The Nuke; 02-05-2016 at 12:49 PM.

The release list is now:

* Bull Dempsey
    * Sylvester LeFort
    * Marcus Louis
    * Peter Howard
    * Magno

Also, the OG finish to AJ at the Rumble was Ambrose taking him out, not Owens.

Nakamura's deal is a 3-year deal, like Devitt-o's. YEAOH!!!

That's it for random WWE news from me.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-05-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium