Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    Beginning to wonder if WWE has actually gotten a hold of the Bullet Club name. At last nights New Japan show Omega's group were referred to as Bullet Club, but some, the young bucks in particular, were wearing "The Elite" T-Shirts. Bucks were even showing them off for sale on Twitter. Rumor was that Omega's group would change names to "The Elite" so it looks like that came to pass.

Add this to WWE showing fans and wrestlers wearing BC T-Shirts.

It could be that they'll still be referred to at BC until Anderson and Gallows leave.
    i doubt it. it's been mentioned before that bullet club is owned by NJPW so bullet club shirts=NJPW money which the wrestlers don't get a cut of. the elite shirt=young buck money, you can buy at prowrestlingtees.com from the young bucks store not the NJPW store.

Astonishing Member

It would be dumb as hell for New Japan to sell off a name that would only get more popular once the WWE gets behind it.

Also very smart of New Japan to push the spin off. The Elite will sell.

You have to take into account that WWE created Nexus and then fucked it up. WWE, Vince, didn't make Bullet Club, and we know what happens to anything he doesn't make.

IT's already destined to be fucked.
    Generally speaking I don't think the WWE is big on stables. More than anything he seems to use them to built up a singles star or two, then breaks them up.

I imagine the Bullet Club would simply be used to help Balor get over, and once that happens they'd probably turn on him or whatever and Balor would go on to do his own thing.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Since Bryan admitted to having concussion induced seizures in his ESPN interview some fans believe he had one in his last WWE match. Skip to 2:19

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Generally speaking I don't think the WWE is big on stables. More than anything he seems to use them to built up a singles star or two, then breaks them up.

I imagine the Bullet Club would simply be used to help Balor get over, and once that happens they'd probably turn on him or whatever and Balor would go on to do his own thing.
    Normally, they are not but right now they are.

Stardust and The Ascension

Wyatts

Social Outcasts

New Day

The League

BANNED

my roommate who doesn't watch wrestling at all thinks Ambrose looks like Roy from 'The IT Crowd'

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

Wyatts

Social Outcasts

New Day

The League
    is that still a thing??

anyways near as i can tell "the elite" is just kenny & the bucks. sort of like the wolfpac within the NWO, but it's their own thing so they keep the merch money.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Well if that's true they must have had a change of heart given the 4 stables they have now. Wyatts being the longest running stable they've had since DX.

Everyone assumes Balor will be the leader. If it's named Balor Club I guess that will be the case, but if it were to be named Bullet Club then I'd expect AJ to be the leader. AJ has a lot more chance of going for the World Title than Balor, and obviously the one who is champion or challenges the champions is the leader.

AJ: World Champ
    Balor: IC Champ
    Anderson and Gallows: Tag Champs

needs a girl.....Paige or Asuka: Womens champ

But you're not wrong. I expect the BC not to amount to much in WWE. Sad given the amount of money that could be made.

Personally I think the biggest opportunity for a Main Event stable isn't he Bullet Club, it's the Dangerous Alliance. I think there's a big opportunity for Heyman to cash in his chips. IF The Authority does go down semi-permanently at Mania, then a Wrestling table with some of the most dangerous men, and women, on the roster would be a nice replacement.

I've envisioned this group as Lesnar, Nakamura, Joe, Sasha, and Cesaro.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Since Bryan admitted to having concussion induced seizures in his ESPN interview some fans believe he had one in his last WWE match. Skip to 2:19
    Anyone got vid of after the match?
    Sheamus comes down and looks like more was going to happen but then it looks like he bailed but you really cant tell.

If something serious happens the EMT comes in quickly and the camera usually goes to the wide shot.

BANNED

the MSG channel has a series about great moments in MSG - tonight was WrestleMania 1

becky lynch was spotted in reseda ca friday night at the PWG show BOWIE. wonder who else went??

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

Wyatts

Social Outcasts

New Day

The League
    Well, the nice thing is that with so many heel stables you actually have a nice opportunity to have the bullet club come in as a face stable to feud with them.

I wonder if down the line that's also an opening for the SHIELD to have a reunion when Rollins returns from his injuries. That one I'm sure wouldn't last given that all the SHIELD are potential main eventers in their own right so sticking them all together long term would almost be a waste ... but I'm sure a one time reunion angle before someone turns on someone else would sell a few t-shirts and dvds.

Incredible Member

Anderson and Gallows had their last NJPW match last night. Again, it seems that Omega's group is gonna be called "The Elite." Don't think it's a spin off or subgroup.

In other great news Omega is now the IC champ, and his match with Tanahashi is getting great reviews. Meltzer said bookers should watch the match to see how to get someone over big. Omega will be big. I do think he needs to pull back on the crazy and be a little more serious. I know what he's going for, he just needs to bring it in a little.

EDIT: Bullet Club twitter account has been deactivated.

Interesting....Interesting....
    Last edited by The Nuke; 02-14-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Anderson and Gallows had their last NJPW match last night. Again, it seems that Omega's group is gonna be called "The Elite." Don't think it's a spin off or subgroup.

In other great news Omega is now the IC champ, and his match with Tanahashi is getting great reviews. Meltzer said bookers should watch the match to see how to get someone over big. Omega will be big. I do think he needs to pull back on the crazy and be a little more serious. I know what he's going for, he just needs to bring it in a little.

EDIT: Bullet Club twitter account has been deactivated.

Interesting....Interesting....
    did anybody besides omega & the bucks wear the shirt??

anyways they been selling the elite shirts since december, NJPW is giving up a lot of money if they kill bullet club and let kenny and the bucks rake in the cash on the elite merch.

here's what kenny & the bucks said about the elite
    NJ=nick jackson MJ=matt jackson KO=kenny omega
    On the success The Bullet Club has had in 2015:

NJ: We aren’t just The Bullet Club anymore. We are the elite.

KO: You can catch The Bullet Club on almost every show on New Japan World but when the elite, the guys that everyone wants to see on a worldwide level, on a worldwide scale. When they leave Japan those are the guys that are in high demand. Those are the guys that everyone wants to see and those are the guys that put on a performance like what you saw today.

MJ: We are the people that people want to pay $50 to take a photo with, right?

NJ: The Bullet Club is cool and all, we are friends with all of them but… for God’s sakes, everyone knows who the best ones of the group are.

KO: I mean, it’s just become so obvious. It’s not even a tongue and cheek joke anymore. It’s just, we’ve blown it way out of proportion. Everybody knows. It speaks volumes that our merch sales, the shear volume of our bookings.

MJ: Speaking of merch sales, let me get this off my back real quick. I just got that email that we are killing it on Pro Wrestling Tees. That’s a quantity of ten right there. There’s another quantity of ten.

NJ: Besides that we are just happy to have a killer match tonight at 2CW. I just want to say thanks to Josh even tho he choke slammed me to hell and he speared Kenny Omega straight to hell.

On who The Young Bucks are going after in 2016:

MJ: We are going after your wallet. We want to sell some t-shirts. We want to win some championship belts. We want to sell some PPVs. That’s what we do for a living. We rock babies and kiss them. For us, it’s a Superkick Party.

NJ: The Elite is just going to make more money. We are looking at you marks. If you want to give us designs for t-shirts we are looking for them. ProWrestlingTees.com/KennyOmega. ProWrestlingTees.com/TheYoungBucks. We are always looking for new art. New .jpegs. We want them and we will make t-shirts and people will buy your own designs that you made us.

KO: Everybody knows who we are. Everybody knows our brand but we are going to kind of take it and put a different spin on it this year. Everybody knows us as The Bullet Club. Yeah, it’s cool to say we are The Bullet Club, it’s cool to Too Sweet, it’s cool to say, “Suck it!” We are still going to do that but guys, from here on in, we will be The Elite. So, in 2016 look for very, very big things. As best as we can you are going to see a lot more of The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega.
    can't blame them for wanting a cut of the bullet club merch money.

BANNED

isn't WWE the only promotion that actually gives its stars a cut of the merch money?

WCW wasn't even doing that until the nWo came along