Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The point of the champ being on both shows would be that wrestlers on both brands have the opportunity in theory at least to compete or the world title. There's only one world title at the moment, so unless they plan on splitting it again they're gonna need to share.
    one of the main reasons to do a brand split is to give more main event opportunities to different people. if you have only one champ on both shows you're kind of killing that and you once again end up with the same guys in the main event of the PPV every month. that's why i say put the US & IC titles together and let that be SD's main title, then you have 2 separate main event scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    one of the main reasons to do a brand split is to give more main event opportunities to different people. if you have only one champ on both shows you're kind of killing that and you once again end up with the same guys in the main event of the PPV every month. that's why i say put the US & IC titles together and let that be SD's main title, then you have 2 separate main event scenes.
    Yeah, but combining 2 mid-card belts doesn't make a world title. That's not really all that different than just deciding the US and IC belts were a main belt.

If you want 2 belts split the undisputed world title like they did before.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but combining 2 mid-card belts doesn't make a world title. That's not really all that different than just deciding the US and IC belts were a main belt.

Or just use the NXT Title

Having a champ for both defeats the purpose of brand split.

Gutting NXT so you have enough bodies to run two brands also makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Or just use the NXT Title

Having a champ for both defeats the purpose of brand split.

Gutting NXT so you have enough bodies to run two brands also makes no sense.
    The thing about NXT is that it's designed to supply talent to the main roster.

If they're sending people up to RAW and Smackdown who aren't ready that's a problem. But honestly I think a lot of the NXT talent we see on TV are ready and just waiting for the opportunity to debut.

From the sound of things WWE is raiding the indies pretty hard anyways so I think NXT will be fine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    It depends on what they decide to do, if they split the Roster into five parts it's not to bad.

1 hour - Cruisers - AJ, Sami, Miz, Jericho, Kallisto, Cody, Finn, Fandango, Neville, Sin Cara, Breeze, Aries, Itami
    1 hour - Tag - New Day, Ascension, Usos, Dudleys, Social Outcasts, Wyatts, PTP, Rtruth/Goldust,
    1 hour - Divas - Sasha, Baley, Paige, Bellas, Charlotte, Fox, Naomi,
    1 hour - IC/USA - Ryback. Del Rio, Sheamus, Owens, Samoa Joe, Rusev, Strowman, Ryder, Nakamura
    1 Hour - Main - Cena, Wyatt, Orton, Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins, Ziggler, Big Show, Sandow,Cesaro, Swagger,

And you can move guys around in those different classes
    thats not bad

Yeah, but combining 2 mid-card belts doesn't make a world title.
    it doesn't need to nor should it.

That's not really all that different than just deciding the US and IC belts were a main belt.

i never said it was. having a dual title is supposed to give it a little boost but not intended to make it a 2nd world title or pretend it's on the same level as the WWE title.

like i said embrace smackdown as the B show with something to prove, give it it's own identity, let it be the place where main roster meets NXT.

BANNED

Biff Busick made his NXT debut tonight under his real name Christopher Girard

#EuropeanUppercuts all up in your face

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Biff Busick made his NXT debut tonight under his real name Christopher Girard

#EuropeanUppercuts all up in your face
    Better euro uppercut: Girard or Cesaro?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Better euro uppercut: Girard or Cesaro?
    cesaro easily. i kind of hope busick drops the uppercut so he's not perceived as cesaro-lite.

it doesn't need to nor should it.

i never said it was. having a dual title is supposed to give it a little boost but not intended to make it a 2nd world title or pretend it's on the same level as the WWE title.

like i said embrace smackdown as the B show with something to prove, give it it's own identity, let it be the place where main roster meets NXT.
    Is it worth it to eliminate the intercontinental title just to give this new title a little boost? If it's going to be a secondary title to the world title anyways then you might as well just keep it the intercontinental title.

Incredible Member

probably, but he's not a cruiserweight. i did however forget matt sydal so i replaced caleb conely with him.
    201 pounds isn't a cruiser weight? could have fooled me. I thought cruiser weight went up to 225.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Sabre is NJPW, so he's unlikely.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    201 pounds isn't a cruiser weight? could have fooled me. I thought cruiser weight went up to 225.
    This particular WWE cruiser weight tournament goes up to 205.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Sabre is NJPW, so he's unlikely.
    I didn't think he was actually signed. Just freelancing. I thought PROGRESS was the only one he was "signed" with.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

This particular WWE cruiser weight tournament goes up to 205.
    So at 201 Ciampa would still get in.