Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Is it worth it to eliminate the intercontinental title just to give this new title a little boost? If it's going to be a secondary title to the world title anyways then you might as well just keep it the intercontinental title.
    who said anything about eliminating any title?? i guess i should clarify that when i said put the titles together and call it the double crown title i meant have the champion carry both titles, kind of like the triple crown champinship was in AJPW all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Sabre is NJPW, so he's unlikely.
    i think you're confusing sabre with ospreay, ospreay just signed with NJPW. i don't think sabre has ever worked for NJPW, he works for NOAH when he's in japan.

This particular WWE cruiser weight tournament goes up to 205.
    i guess ciampa could technically qualify though i've seen him billed at 210 but imo he'd seem out of place in a tourney like that. i mean shit in that case you might as well throw in biff busick and timothy thatcher and a bunch of other similarly sized dudes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Better euro uppercut: Girard or Cesaro?
    Ill say Girard for now, looks harder, but its like his is a 9 and Cesaros is an 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Ill say Girard for now, looks harder, but its like his is a 9 and Cesaros is an 8.5
    biff is awesome but no.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    biff is awesome but no.

For what seems like the umpteenth time, what is there about this guy that Vince doesn't like/get?!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

For what seems like the umpteenth time, what is there about this guy that Vince doesn't like/get?!
    Not the best on the mic and male pattern baldness

You can be lacking one but not the other.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

i think you're confusing sabre with ospreay, ospreay just signed with NJPW. i don't think sabre has ever worked for NJPW, he works for NOAH when he's in japan.
    I am indeed.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I am indeed.
    understandable mistake.

His mic skills are still kinda so-so. To get past where he us now I think he'll either gave to get better in that regard, or have the fan base get behind him to Daniel Bryan levels.

who said anything about eliminating any title?? i guess i should clarify that when i said put the titles together and call it the double crown title i meant have the champion carry both titles, kind of like the triple crown champinship was in AJPW all those years.

i guess ciampa could technically qualify though i've seen him billed at 210 but imo he'd seem out of place in a tourney like that. i mean shit in that case you might as well throw in biff busick and timothy thatcher and a bunch of other similarly sized dudes
    If they're under 205 I don't necessarily think you'll be out of place. Cruiser weight shouldn't necessarily just mean flipping guy. You can mingle different styles as long as they're good enough to do it.

Incredible Member

His mic skills are still kinda so-so. To get past where he us now I think he'll either gave to get better in that regard, or have the fan base get behind him to Daniel Bryan levels.
    Mic skills have very little to do with it. Vince just doesn't see any potential in him, even though casual fans and those in attendance think otherwise. They don't need to be the next Rock, Flair, or Austin on the horn to prove anything. Lots of guys can talk fine, it's when they are forced to go out there and put on a fake 20 minute story based segment that they come off looking bad. HHH said it best(the present HHH that is, not the one from 2 years ago) "Some guys will get over big on one or two things they do well." Cesaro is one of those guys. Fans like him because he produces a product in the ring they enjoy. Heaven forbid that fans may actually like the Wrasslin too. They gave him Heyman, pushed him a few weeks, and then still shit all over him. He got over big after his matches with Cena, people were behind him again, and then he got shit on all over again. Cesaro is fine, again he produces a product people enjoy, and the company still shits on him.

Looking at him, I don't think he'll ever be the guy, or be a long term champion. But he could hold the belt once or twice, and he could definitely be a top mid-carder that actually wins or has big feuds. In a perfect world WWE could actually get behind a belt like the IC belt and make it just as big as the World Title, and it would be perfect for a guy like Cesaro.

the mic skill criticism is another example of WWE kool-aid drinking that I don't agree with it. If you can talk and get your point across, you win. Undertaker was never a great promo, nor Bret Hart, nor Kane, nor Big Show, nor X-pac, nor Dean Malenko, nor Rey Mysterio, nor Warrior, and the list goes on and on. So many guys who were pretty basic on the mic got over and had better runs and careers then the shit Cesaro is getting now.
    Last edited by The Nuke; 02-27-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    Mic skills have very little to do with it. Vince just doesn't see any potential in him, even though casual fans and those in attendance think otherwise. They don't need to be the next Rock, Flair, or Austin on the horn to prove anything. Lots of guys can talk fine, it's when they are forced to go out there and put on a fake 20 minute story based segment that they come off looking bad. HHH said it best(the present HHH that is, not the one from 2 years ago) "Some guys will get over big on one or two things they do well." Cesaro is one of those guys. Fans like him because he produces a product in the ring they enjoy. Heaven forbid that fans may actually like the Wrasslin too. They gave him Heyman, pushed him a few weeks, and then still shit all over him. He got over big after his matches with Cena, people were behind him again, and then he got shit on all over again. Cesaro is fine, again he produces a product people enjoy, and the company still shits on him.

Looking at him, I don't think he'll ever be the guy, or be a long term champion. But he could hold the belt once or twice, and he could definitely be a top mid-carder that actually wins or has big feuds. In a perfect world WWE could actually get behind a belt like the IC belt and make it just as big as the World Title, and it would be perfect for a guy like Cesaro.

the mic skill criticism is another example of WWE kool-aid drinking that I don't agree with it. If you can talk and get your point across, you win. Undertaker was never a great promo, nor Bret Hart, nor Kane, nor Big Show, nor X-pac, nor Dean Malenko, nor Rey Mysterio, nor Warrior, and the list goes on and on. So many guys who were pretty basic on the mic got over and had better runs and careers then the shit Cesaro is getting now.
    Yeah it's possible to compensate for so-so mic skills. If he can get a strong fan reaction apart from that and generate ratings, met merchandise and a strong buzz then he can and likely will get a stronger push.

For what its worth he's already held mid-card and tag titles so he's done everything short of being a top guy on paper at least.

If they're under 205 I don't necessarily think you'll be out of place. Cruiser weight shouldn't necessarily just mean flipping guy. You can mingle different styles as long as they're good enough to do it.
    WCW's cruiserweight division was a shining of example of how good that division can be. Yeah, they had the high flyers like Mysterio and Psychosis, but they also had Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Chris Jericho, and at one point Disco Inferno. It was diverse and highly entertaining.

there are guys who are over 205lbs that would not seem out of place in a cruiser tourney but ciampa and busick imo aren't those guys. and it's not about being flippy either, there's plenty on my list who aren't flippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    WCW's cruiserweight division was a shining of example of how good that division can be. Yeah, they had the high flyers like Mysterio and Psychosis, but they also had Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Chris Jericho, and at one point Disco Inferno. It was diverse and highly entertaining.
    ciampa & busick would've seemed out of place in that division too imo.

BANNED

KO gets it, kayfabe is dead, get on board

KOtweets.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    KO gets it, kayfabe is dead, get on board

KOtweets.jpg
    Indeed. With so much internet nowadays (even in your watch) its hard to make someone believe they really are this "bad guys" we see on TV, 24/7.