Thread: Wrestling WWE

Mighty Member

That match was Brock/Couture all over again.

Terrible. Terrible match.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Brock winning keeps the hype for WWE

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Brock winning keeps the hype for WWE
    He's going to need to stay there. He's not ready for the HW Div.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Brock just did more promotional work for wwe than all the rest of the roster did in the last year combined

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    There are three parts, early prelim, prelim, and main card. Early prelims are on Fight Pass and run 60-90 minutes. Prelims on Fox Sports 1 for two hours, and then the PPV goes three more. So, three hours if all you want is the PPV portion, six to six and a half for all of it. This being a milestone event, every fight has an established name.
    Thanks a lot for the info!

I liked the last 3 fights!

and the beast won!!!!!!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Watching a Ronnie Garvin (Mr. Hands of Stone) do his shoot. Its pretty recent as Garvin discusses the NWA and Jim Crockett.

- Garvin points the finger squarely at Dusty Rhodes for his booking and destroying Crockett's territory. Had Dusty not had the book , Crockett's territory likely would still be going today. Instead his booking was all over the place. That he'd have 2-3 big main events , lots of special matches and you didn't know who or what was drawing the houses. Also as he said , Dusty had dreams of taking the company national and he brings up the lear jet that they used. As he jokes , Vince McMahon flies his guys commercial since its cheaper.

- Garvin brings up a point that even Ricky Morton has discussed on shoots earlier. He starts off , god bless the guy but Dusty was a jealous guy at people who were more over. And the Rock N Roll Express was way more over than he was at this point. Garvin discusses how Gibson & Morton was actually out drawing him in small towns they'd run. Garvin would tell Rhodes , you need to book those kids in big cities so they can do even bigger gates. He would bring up how women want insane over them , since the 2 young kids looked like rock stars. They'd come back with clothes ripped and more , since women were trying to get at them.

- Garvin brings up how he got the NWA World title and was booked by Dusty to not defend the NWA title for 2 months. Because he wanted Garvin to be strong for Flair's rematch and him getting the belt back. Garvin knew exactly that he was hurting his title run by doing it and didn't care. But he jokes how he'd beat all the 4 Horsemen in non-title matches for weeks and he'd beat them all up at one time. It was pretty funny. Then he brings up how the worst decision they made was they moved Starrcade to Chicago for that PPV. That it drew ok , but they lost money on it.

That had the PPV been in Greensboro , it would have been a huge sellout and the city wouldn't have felt betrayed and lost as a drawing place for them after it. That Dusty felt they could run all these places , yeah ..you drew so many thousands there ...but you just lost $60,000 doing it. That Dusty put a screen up in Greensboro during the PPV , as Garvin claims Starrcade was a Mid-Atlantic deal and should never had moved.

- He brings up the short proposed heel turn he was supposed to do. Dusty had told him they wanted to turn him heel and have him do it in Baltimore or Cleveland. He had a pretty big fan following in those cities so he agreed. He turned on Dusty and was supposed to be in a tag team with someone , managed by Gary Hart. As he joked , Dusty wasn't sleeping at night obviously since i had beaten all of the 4 Horsemen pretty easy , so I knew exactly what he planned. I turn heel on him , he puts on his cape and destroys me. I was like , nah I don't need this.

Garvin claims he quit the company before a plane flight and said his good-byes to all the boys there. They all were surprised that he was leaving and he walked off the plane and drove home.

- Garvin brings up that Vince McMahon was a genius and had made Wrestlemania. But he saw guys backstage like Dusty mock McMahon for a good while. On how he did things. But as he jokes at the end , I knew Dusty was a defeated man ...he had to call Vince. And if Vince believes he can make money with you , you get a job. But he paid Dusty back for it , he put his ass in poka dots and gave him a black female manager.

- Ronnie discusses the late Eddie Graham. Who ran Florida . The guy was a brilliant booker and worker. But a very lousy human being. That he'd fly an airplane he owned drunk. That no one wanted to ride with him and Eddie was separated from his wife. That he had a sad end as he took his own life on his wife's bed that he was separated from. The discussion goes to Mike Graham who years later echoed what happened to his father.

Garvin brings up that he rode with Mike and saw a check he had gotten from some land deal his dad had done before he died. It was for $600,000. But all that money couldn't make Mike happy. That poor Mike wasn't like his dad , but as he says ...no man should try and live up to what their father is. Go your own path and way. He was a good guy and he liked him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

With Brian Kendrick back in the WWE , they likely won't ever bring back Paul London. Its a shame too , since London/Kendrick made a hell of a nice tag team and could have some fun matches with Uso's and others. But a reason why London won't be is because he was supposed to have a serious , oh no look on his face. London claims everyone was over acting so dramatically backstage then , he found it funny. So he couldn't help but smile ...

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

BANNED

Ive seen some interviews with him, he wasn't a fan of the WWE structure

I always appreciated Kendricks willingness to do whatever

Astonishing Member

https://instagy.com/user/adamscherr99
    interesting to see "gut" is a tv thing as braun because adam doesnt have a "gut"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    That match was Brock/Couture all over again.

Terrible. Terrible match.
    Yep, also a smart strategy. Everyone knew it would come down to whether or not Brock would take Hunt down and keep him down, or if Hunt will knock him out. Was impressed with Brock. Still, lets face it, Brock is not a great fighter. Just so fucking big.

What matters is that HE WON. That's the story. BROCK LESNAR WON HIS RETURN MATCH IN The UFC.

He'll be a God when he shows up on Raw in a few weeks.

Looks for Orton vs Brock to be booked like a UFC bout. Which is probably why they announced his opponent the way they did. Give it that UFC feel. No weight in, that would be stupid for Wrestling, but I'd expect a contract signing and interview segments like the UFC does them. Could be wrong, but it just seems like this is the road they're taking. Especially now that Brock has won. That and this will be the first match between him and Orton.

Get that fucking belt off Ambrose and put in on the Beast as soon as possible. You could book Great Main Events from Summerslam to Wrestlemania.

Of course I very much predict Lesnar will fight again.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    Yep, also a smart strategy. Everyone knew it would come down to whether or not Brock would take Hunt down and keep him down, or if Hunt will knock him out. Was impressed with Brock. Still, lets face it, Brock is not a great fighter. Just so fucking big.

What matters is that HE WON. That's the story. BROCK LESNAR WON HIS RETURN MATCH IN The UFC.

Looks for Orton vs Brock to be booked like a UFC bout. Which is probably why they announced his opponent the way they did. Give it that UFC feel. No weight in, that would be stupid for Wrestling, but I'd expect a contract signing and interview segments like the UFC does them. Could be wrong, but it just seems like this is the road they're taking. Especially now that Brock has won. That and this will be the first match between him and Orton.

Get that fucking belt off Ambrose and put in on the Beast as soon as possible. You could book Great Main Events from Summerslam to Wrestlemania.

as others have said, putting the belt back on brock is............not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as others have said, putting the belt back on brock is............not a good idea.
    Part timers shouldn't hold the belt. It takes away from the belt and the roster

Incredible Member

Oh, I get the part timer criticism. I get the, "not around enough," criticism.

I also get that Wrestling is about 60% Money and 40% Art. IT's not about fairness.

Brock is legit, and he makes the belt look legit. It would be dumb and a big missed opportunity not to put that belt on Lesnar after Summerslam. The Raw Version of it at least. Plus Brock appeared almost twice as much last years as opposed to the years of his first contract. HE doesn't need to be there every week or defend that belt on every show. The IWGP isn't defended every show.

Who the **** is Dean Ambrose when Brock Lesnar is right there? and I love Ambrose(**** wrestler though).

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I also get that Wrestling is about 60% Money and 40% Art. IT's not about fairness.

Brock is legit, and he makes the belt look legit. It would be dumb and a big missed opportunity not to put that belt on Lesnar after Summerslam. The Raw Version of it at least. Plus Brock appeared almost twice as much last years as opposed to the years of his first contract. HE doesn't need to be there every week or defend that belt on every show. The IWGP isn't defended every show.

Who the **** is Dean Ambrose when Brock Lesnar is right there? and I love Ambrose(**** wrestler though).
    not hating on brock. but like others have said, he's a part timer. last time he had the belt, you barely saw him. sure he had some pretty good matches. but he's a special attraction. him wrestling everyone once in a while is good, keeps him special and we appreciate the times we see him. but that's not good for a world champ.

say what you want about dean but at least he will be there, working his ass off to be the champ. and unlike the last champ, the fans actually like him and give a **** about him and the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Part timers shouldn't hold the belt. It takes away from the belt and the roster

not hating on brock. but like others have said, he's a part timer. last time he had the belt, you barely saw him. sure he had some pretty good matches. but he's a special attraction. him wrestling everyone once in a while is good, keeps him special and we appreciate the times we see him. but that's not good for a world champ.

say what you want about dean but at least he will be there, working his ass off to be the champ. and unlike the last champ, the fans actually like him and give a **** about him and the belt.

Brock being WWE Champion adds nothing to him really. He doesn't need the belt and right now the company needs to create and build new stars. Dean Ambrose needs the belt and he needs to keep the belt. With a brand split coming and talk of a 2nd World title coming....the company has to get these guys the main event slots ready .

Dean Ambrose
    Roman Reigns
    AJ Styles
    Seth Rollins
    Bray Wyatt
    Samoa Joe
    Finn Balor
    Bobby Roode
    Kevin Owens

Those guys need to be the main event stars of both brands and it means focusing programs as them getting the RAW and Smackdown main events. If they bring Kurt Angle back or a couple older stars , they could have a very damn good main event scene on both brands.