Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    shocking. does this constitute a wellness violation ala billy gunn??
    It might. Though suspending a guy that works 4 matches a year for 30 days really won't do a whole lot.

He'll miss Summerslam I guess, but that hurts the WWE and the fans more than it hurts Brock. To him it's just a day off.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It might. Though suspending a guy that works 4 matches a year for 30 days really won't do a whole lot.

He'll miss Summerslam I guess, but that hurts the WWE and the fans more than it hurts Brock. To him it's just a day off.
    Works for Orton. I honestly don't think he would come out of a match with Brock feeling very well.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Mighty Member

Brock is looking at two years. The E has to let him go.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    How so? because he's an asshole?

I fully agree that HIS execution is very flawed in terms of his booking. Hair vs Hair doesn't work today for instance. However he doesn't say anything that most other guys experienced in the business haven't said, and thus that is why I listed him among the group of guys who value realism in the product. Why wouldn't I? He's a big believer in it, just like Hart, and Flair. Of course I would list him.
    because he's an idiot

If you guys believe just ENTERTAINING in the ring is all it takes, fucking fine. But what does the history of the sport tell you?

Do you see what's happening today getting 8 million people watching?

Do you see guys who go out there and entertain listed among the best in the world? Do the guys who go out there and ENTERTAIN you get the people watching?
    yes, of course.

Because I've been watching with quite a few casuals and it's pretty common to get, "This shit looks so fake." Would a product based more off realism get people watching? I don't know, all I know is that we haven't seen it since the Monday Night Wars Ended.
    people have ALWAYS said the shit looks so fake, and often think us fans BELIEVE it's real.

wait you think realism/legitimacy is what had people watching during the monday night wars?? monday night wars were far more about entertainment than realism or being legit.

I believe realism and the suspense of disbelief are the key factors in Wrestling. I don't care if you flip, do a Final Deletion type video, whatever, but as long as it looks real you've got me. Because I really can't see why else to watch it for any other reason, other than to bitch about it(which is why I watch Raw). A Circus is basically what you're calling Wrestling. Sounds to me given the numbers the casual viewers just aren't believing it anymore. A lot of it is the presentation, and some of it is the talent.

And yes, Hogan was shit. And I would hold Hogan, Race, etc to a higher standard now, because in the evolution of the thing, the realism would have gotten better over the years. Just as Savage made his product look real, DDP his. In the present, the striking, the addition of more MMA styles, the pyschology have all improved my leaps and bound compared to when INOKI and Race were in the ring. The only thing where the guys in the past have the guys of today, is in the selling. Which is still the most important thing.

Nakamura is considered one of the top 4 greatest in the World. LEGIT. But even he didn't sell the knee as well in the Aries and Balor matches. The best selling I've seen of a knee was Savage vs Flair, where Savage sold it the entire match. Based the entire story around it. Nobody in the history of pro-wrestling was PERFECT in making it look LEGIT, but the one's who came the closest were the one's we consider the big legends.
    tanahashi is just as good if not better than nak(though i personally prefer nak)but he's the guy who pulled NJPW out of the dark ages after LEGIT-lesnar almost killed it and it wasn't because he was LEGIT. and flair couldn't be further from LEGIT if he tried. talk about suspension of disbelief, see a flair flop.

I'm glad you guys think you're right. I think you're wrong.

Since Inokism and Hogan came up, it reminded me of the match between the two in Japan. Hogan is very average, but he was good and made it look good just as Inoki obviously made it look LEGIT. Match ended with Hogan closelining Inoki off the apron when he tried to get back in before the count out. He layed there on the mat, never moved, the trainers and such on the outside put him back in the ring, tried to wake him up, and eventually the ref just called the bell and Hogan won. Realism!!!

Brock Killing Cena. REALISM.

the best looking match Owens and Zayn had was one that was the most LEGIT. Zayn hits his head after a high flying spot, Owens takes advantage, and power bombs him until the ref calls the bell. REALISM.

Hokuto vs Kandori ends with Kandori getting knocked the fuck out with a punch the face. Realism.

What's an example of something not connecting because of a lack of realism? Ambrose vs Lesnar at Mania. Nothing for you to buy in to. Ambrose did nothing impressive. Brock didn't either, but he couldn't just out right kill him, and the use of weapons and the stipulation ended up hurting the match because they couldn't bleed. Couldn't be to violent like when Funk got into a cage. Most agreed it was one of the worst matches on the card.
    what hurt the brock/ambrose match was they gave ambrose nothing basically. it was an xtended squash of a guy who wasn't cena, in a match where the stpulation should've gave him a fighting chance.

anyways when it comes down to it you can get a lot further being entertaining and not LEGIT while otoh it doesn't matter how LEGIT you are if you're not entertaining you're not going far.

quite a deal they got structured there huh, good thing they had bork put somebody besides cena and hunter over before he got popped.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-16-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Mighty Member

And WWE are morons.

They're sticking to their guns.

He pops that B sample, there ain't no way he's setting foot in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    And WWE are morons.

They're sticking to their guns.

He pops that B sample, there ain't no way he's setting foot in New York.
    if WWE doesn't suspend lesnar he won't look legit anymore, they must suspend him for at least as long as roman to keep any shred of realism intact.

god i hope this means a win for orton at summerfest

seriously though they deserve any bad press they get for that BS cop out.

BANNED

but I thought USADA was corrupt and inept and not to be trusted

or is that only when it's someone people like?

oh and it wasn't the in ring product that made the MNW successful..it was the unpredictability of what was happening around the in ring stuff that kept people coming back

the NWO, Austin with his various vehicles, the Rocks promos, etc

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

oh and it wasn't the in ring product that made the MNW successful..it was the unpredictability of what was happening around the in ring stuff that kept people coming back

the NWO, Austin with his various vehicles, the Rocks promos, etc
    you tell us, you're the only one i remember making that claim about USADA.

also is brock not someone people like??

BANNED

I like Brock, but I think if he did get flagged, the WWE should do something, but they won't

bright side, maybe it means a win for Orton

I like Brock, but I think if he did get flagged, the WWE should do something, but they won't

bright side, maybe it means a win for Orton
    so what about USADA??

Mighty Member

Again, where is your source?

SAUCE it up homes.

Mighty Member

I feel bad for Punk. Even in another sport, WWE is hurting his dividends.

Incredible Member

yes, of course.
    Really? Wow!!! 3 million people watch Wrestling compared to era's of the past and you say that people are watching?

wait you think realism/legitimacy is what had people watching during the monday night wars?? monday night wars were far more about entertainment than realism or being legit.
    No, I said we haven't seen realism in Wrestling to the extent it needs to be since the Monday Night Wars.

tanahashi is just as good if not better than nak(though i personally prefer nak)but he's the guy who pulled NJPW out of the dark ages after LEGIT-lesnar almost killed it and it wasn't because he was LEGIT. and flair couldn't be further from LEGIT if he tried. talk about suspension of disbelief, see a flair flop.
    No argument. Tanahashi is probably the best all around Wrestler in the world today. As for Flair, a lot people believed it back then. Which was another point I made of holding those in the present to a higher standard. You look back today and you wonder how people bout a Flair flop or Funk selling like a cartoon character after a punch, but they did. Shit won't work today.

what hurt the brock/ambrose match was they gave ambrose nothing basically. it was an xtended squash of a guy who wasn't cena, in a match where the stpulation should've gave him a fighting chance.
    No, it was because nobody bout that Ambrose had a chance. Which was more of the fault of the WWE in general given how they booked the match. And the match couldn't do what was necessary given that the PG rating wouldn't all for the violence needed for people to actually buy into the match.

anyways when it comes down to it you can get a lot further being entertaining and not LEGIT while otoh it doesn't matter how LEGIT you are if you're not entertaining you're not going far.
    Does it not work the other way around? Fandango for example. Maybe I should say having both qualities makes you a star.

Ibushi and Dorado(Gran Metalik) signed NXT deals.

Ibushi vs Nakamura 3 is COMING.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Finally got around to watching CWC's first four matches. Ibushi. WOW! And Maluta wasn't half-bad himself, botch not withstanding. That superkick was nasty.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!