Thread: Wrestling WWE

Astonishing Member

i like mode 1 face
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-17-2016 at 06:12 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    did steph ever get around to asking hhh why he helped kevin owens win the title from seth?? or have they still not ran into each other??
    she addressed it as Seth coming up short against Balor

they left Post Its for each other on the fridge

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Steph has two acting modes.

Smelling **** and hating it.

or

Smelling **** and loving it.

Though, to be honest, it's better then HHH's two modes. Y'know....

Constipation or Gay Joke.
    or Passive Aggressive Racism

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    or Passive Aggressive Racism
    AKA his resting face.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

BANNED

AKA his resting face.
    Resting Haitch Face

Incredible Member

There's no excuse for the failure of the CW division, but it's not like we expected anything less. This marks the 5 attempt and failure of making a lightweight division work. WWE just doesn't do Wrestling like everyone else. They have conditioned the crowd in such a way that to watch a Wrestling match to just watch a good Wrestling match is lost on an entire generation of the audience.

These guys need time to perform. To wow the crowd. Never got that. They needed to make a splash early in order to condition the crowd as to what their purpose was. Which should have been to have small part of a 3 hour TV show dedicated to good exciting matches. Just like Nitro, TNA, or any other Wrestling company outside the WWE bubble.

I'd take it off TV entirely and just have the Network show. HHH must have figured quick that it was going to fail on TV. Which I don't know if he's smart or dumb. He's seen multiple talents and ideas he made work for NXT get squashed once it hits the main shows. Still he makes an attempt to push an idea on someone who is way past his prime.

Going to be interesting to see how the show does being taped that late with an exhausted crowd. A crowd conditioned just like the RAW crowd. Most of those people aren't there to see good Wrestling. I'd film it with as much close up focus of the in ring action as possible, without giving any shots to the crowd for anything. Telling the talent not to play to those people. They are their to entertain the people that matter, and that's the Wrestling fans who actually appreciate what they're doing. Most of which will be at home watching on the Network.

Give me something I see on the Indy scene, not Raw or Smackdown.

Astonishing Member

Bad request
    Your browser sent a query this server could not understand.
    **** YOU HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO WATCH WITH THAT FUCKING DAMN BULLSIT THIS IS WHAT MY $10.94 IS WORTH

damn network

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    There's no excuse for the failure of the CW division, but it's not like we expected anything less. This marks the 5 attempt and failure of making a lightweight division work. WWE just doesn't do Wrestling like everyone else. They have conditioned the crowd in such a way that to watch a Wrestling match to just watch a good Wrestling match is lost on an entire generation of the audience.

These guys need time to perform. To wow the crowd. Never got that. They needed to make a splash early in order to condition the crowd as to what their purpose was. Which should have been to have small part of a 3 hour TV show dedicated to good exciting matches. Just like Nitro, TNA, or any other Wrestling company outside the WWE bubble.

I'd take it off TV entirely and just have the Network show. HHH must have figured quick that it was going to fail on TV. Which I don't know if he's smart or dumb. He's seen multiple talents and ideas he made work for NXT get squashed once it hits the main shows. Still he makes an attempt to push an idea on someone who is way past his prime.

Going to be interesting to see how the show does being taped that late with an exhausted crowd. A crowd conditioned just like the RAW crowd. Most of those people aren't there to see good Wrestling. I'd film it with as much close up focus of the in ring action as possible, without giving any shots to the crowd for anything. Telling the talent not to play to those people. They are their to entertain the people that matter, and that's the Wrestling fans who actually appreciate what they're doing. Most of which will be at home watching on the Network.

Give me something I see on the Indy scene, not Raw or Smackdown.
    WWE programming is built for Power and Nu South Wrestling Styles.

Deal with it.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

That is something that I don't understand.
    Is there really 2 different kinds of crowds? one that watches raw and SD and one that watches NXT CWC?
    I always thought that whoever watches raw also watched nxt and CWC.
    At least for Nxt the crowd know the guys and something start chanting NXT at raw.
    but did they not watch CWC?

At least I do watch both shows and I like them both.
    The sad part is that as someone said before. The great talent of nxt gets squash at the main rooster. Same happened with cwc.

BANNED

WWE programming is built for Power and Nu South Wrestling Styles.

Deal with it.
    Nu South?

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Is there really 2 different kinds of crowds? one that watches raw and SD and one that watches NXT CWC?
    At least for Nxt the crowd know the guys and something start chanting NXT at raw.

The sad part is that as someone said before. The great talent of nxt gets squash at the main rooster. Same happened with cwc.
    Id gather most the NXT crowd watches other wrestling besides WWE

most of the crowds you get at RAW and SD, id say at least 80-90 percent of that crowd watches WWE and WWE only

so they are conditioned

for a while I was like that, but I was also in my mid teens when I started watching other stuff besides WCW and WWE

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The NXT crowd is more in tune with Indy wrestling, so they appreciate good wrestling a lot more than the raw or smackdown crowds, who are for the most part just there to be entertained and laugh.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The NXT crowd is more in tune with Indy wrestling, so they appreciate good wrestling a lot more than the raw or smackdown crowds, who are for the most part just there to be entertained and laugh.
    unless you get one of the more smark crowds like chicago, new york or almost anywhere in GB. those crowds will go apeshit for good wrestling matches.

BANNED

and then, there's the crowd the night after RAW

like that crazy drunk girl at the bar, yeah she's fun and crazy but your feelings might get hurt

Astonishing Member

The death of the CW division is greatly exaggerated.

The World Heavyweight champ is a cruiser.

Ideally guys like Perkins,Swann, Alexander, and even Kendrick should just been absorbed into NXT and guys like Joe,Roode,Nakamura, and Young should have been brought up.

Joe and Nakamura would be game changers on Smackdown.

Roof and Young would be priceless on Raw.

You could have repackaged the Ascension as Sanity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post

Are there two types of Wrestling fans? Yes

Rasslin fans like Pro-Wrestling. Getting into the matches, the feuds, cheering for their favorite Wrestlers. Watching good Wrestling. Not all of which has to have a story leading up to it. These people don't just watch WWE. They may not watch it at all. These people, most anyway, also appreciate having their disbelief suspended. The magic show isn't fun when the Magician is pretty much giving away how his tricks are done.

Then you have WWE fans. It's safe to say that a majority of these people in the arena's and watching at home never experienced Wrestling in the old way. Especially if they were born in the mid-90's or after WCW went down. The idea of watching a Wrestling match to just enjoy a Wrestling match is lost on these folk. When they think of Wrestling they think of Wrestling as presented by Vince Jr. Basically a variety TV show with Wrestling on it. Very scripted, with no intention of suspending disbelief in anyway. Wrestling is fake, so what's the point of trying to make it real?

I'm 30 so I grew up with Hulkamania and remember a little bit of early WCW when it parted ways from the NWA. I, like most, got into Wrestling big time when the Monday Night Wars started. I can say that I have always enjoyed the in ring product. I've always like the Rasslin, but even I drink the WWE Kool-aid for the longest time. Till I finally realized that watching a poorly scripted product that had very little in ring did nothing more me. I got out of Wrestling in probably 2005. Jumped on the TNA band wagon a few times. That being said I didn't start watching often again until Punk cut his promo in 2011.

At which point I've watched to basically bitch, but in all my bitching I decided to finally broaden my horizons. So I started watching classic NWA stuff. I became a big fan of Wahoo Mcdaniel and Harley Race. I can watch Race and Dick Murdoch grapple for an hour and be entirely content. Last few years I've gotten into NJPW. Which to me going by what I've seen and researched, comes off as the last BIG Wrestling promotion to do Wrestling in the old way. CMLL too probably but I don't have access to that. UFC too. UFC is classic Wrestling booking in a product made real.

I'd agree that those who watch NXT are for the most part Wrestling fans, though I'd say there are still a lot who are WWE fans as well. You can always tell by just listening to these people discuss the product. Perfect example being Nakamura vs Zayn. One of the best matches of the year, at least in WWE. Rasslin fans loved it. WWE fans "liked it", but because it didn't have a "Story" building it up, it was just a plain Wrestling match. These people don't understand what it means when they hear someone talk about "telling a story in the ring."

And WWE winning and not having any real competition for almost 20 years has created a clear perception of what Wrestling is and isn't to an entire Generation of people. I have friends who like Nakamura. I've recommened they watch his matches with Tanahashi and Ibushi in New Japan. They haven't.

So sending CW's out there in front of those crowds to Wrestle in 5 minute matches was never going to work. It's something only Rasslin fans can appreciate, and we are far from the majority we used to be since WCW gave up the ghost.
    Last edited by The Nuke; 11-18-2016 at 11:23 AM.