Thread: Wrestling WWE

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

George Strait posted a short video of Undertaker yesterday. In it Taker talks about how Strait has songs for every person in many situations, he then goes on to say that Troubadour is the song that gets him now.

N(ice - Man) britishmixedprotein's Avatar

I really enjoyed Wrestlemania 33 , i thought every match with the obvious exception of Bray Vs Randy was at least a 7.7/8 on the Meltzer scale . Roman proved once again that is THE GUY no matter what the average fan believes or wants to believe , Shane O'Mac showed good chain-wrestling alied to his obvious natural charisma and suprising athleticism to have one of the matches of the night with AJ Styles .

I enjoyed the Smackdowns women match so much more then the Raw womens match just due to the fact Mickie James and Naomi just have charisma and showmanship (showwomansship?)in buckets !

Aries and Neville was good but not up to the level i anticipated , in fact Neville had a better match against Mustapha Ali the next night in my opinion .

Goldberg vs Brock was as good as it was going to get .

Miz deserved to win his match but big man John had to get his win back from years ago i guess -_-.

I loved the Gronk and Mojo winning for the sheer unpredictability of it , and Jinder wasn't hindered for once and put in a decent showing .

The return of the Hardyz was EXCELLENT and it's DELIGHTFUL having their semi-broken brilliance back in the WWE.

May post my thoughts on NXT or Smackdown weekly if any one is interested .

Have some time at work when it's quiet and would like to reclaim my rightful place in the CBR community that i never truly left .

Kind Regards ,

Britishmixedprotein.
    Formerly BritishMixedwhiskey on these Forums . Love MMA , Tattoos , Comics , Sports , Music and Snooker

Roman Reigns , Derrick Rose , and Ronnie O Sullivan Are Deity's to me . England/India/Jamaica

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by britishmixedprotein View Post
    I really enjoyed Wrestlemania 33 , i thought every match with the obvious exception of Bray Vs Randy was at least a 7.7/8 on the Meltzer scale . Roman proved once again that is THE GUY no matter what the average fan believes or wants to believe , Shane O'Mac showed good chain-wrestling alied to his obvious natural charisma and suprising athleticism to have one of the matches of the night with AJ Styles .

I enjoyed the Smackdowns women match so much more then the Raw womens match just due to the fact Mickie James and Naomi just have charisma and showmanship (showwomansship?)in buckets !

Aries and Neville was good but not up to the level i anticipated , in fact Neville had a better match against Mustapha Ali the next night in my opinion .

Goldberg vs Brock was as good as it was going to get .

Miz deserved to win his match but big man John had to get his win back from years ago i guess -_-.

I loved the Gronk and Mojo winning for the sheer unpredictability of it , and Jinder wasn't hindered for once and put in a decent showing .

The return of the Hardyz was EXCELLENT and it's DELIGHTFUL having their semi-broken brilliance back in the WWE.

May post my thoughts on NXT or Smackdown weekly if any one is interested .

Have some time at work when it's quiet and would like to reclaim my rightful place in the CBR community that i never truly left .

Kind Regards ,

Britishmixedprotein.
    I'd like to hear your thoughts on SD

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I feel like he's trying to be the new Stephen A Smith/Jim Cornette of this era with his #HotTakes
    Yea I thought that too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Ryback is awesome :]
    He's bitter is what he is

A never was malcontent whose only road to relevance is running his mouth about things above his paygrade

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

A never was malcontent whose only road to relevance is running his mouth about things above his paygrade
    i always got the feeling that ryback thought he was better than he actually was. like he thought he should've been pushed to the ME simply on the fact he was big and buff.

that's brings up another point. what the hell has he been doing since he got let go? because i haven't heard thing one about him doing anything other than shooting on people.

Extraordinary Member

I love his delusion.

Astonishing Member

How WWE Should Book The WWE SUPERSTAR SHAKEUP - WWE Off The Script #164 Part 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG9lJ94NwTE
    Published on Apr 7, 2017
    How WWE Should Book The WWE Superstar Shakeup, Details On Next Weeks WWE Superstar Shakeup, Charlotte Headed To Smackdown During Superstar Shakeup, The Big Show Was Reportedly Upset Backstage After His Match At Wrestlemania 33, When Rusev Is Expected To Return To WWE Television, Aiden English’s Future After The Departure Of Simon Gotch, Who The Undertaker Originally Wanted To Face At Wrestlemania 33, How Long Will John Cena Be Off WWE TV For & Rumored Match Card For Payback 2017. This is WWE Off The Script, Episode #164 Part 1 for April 7th, 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    George Strait posted a short video of Undertaker yesterday. In it Taker talks about how Strait has songs for every person in many situations, he then goes on to say that Troubadour is the song that gets him now.
    LOVE IT
    Last edited by steve2275; 04-07-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Well Ryback does have a point in the way that winners get paid more than losers.... in a sport that's fixed and people only lose because it's in the script and they probably would get fired/suspended/fined if they said 'the hell with it' and refuse to lose a match.

Like take Damian Sandow, his stunt double gimmick got him over, fans were waiting forever for him to get tired of the Mizz's crap and break away... and when he does, WWE does nothing with him and he gets let go. Why? He only did as told.

Just like Roman being pushed despite others needing it more. Like Bray dropping the title to Orton, who clearly doesn't need another title reign. He probably would have gotten in big trouble if he was like 'hell no', kicked out of the RKO and retained.

Stuff like that was Ryback's beef. For what it's worth I liked his title run/Big Show feud. I would have liked to see him go against Strauman.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    Well Ryback does have a point in the way that winners get paid more than losers.... in a sport that's fixed and people only lose because it's in the script and they probably would get fired/suspended/fined if they said 'the hell with it' and refuse to lose a match.

Like take Damian Sandow, his stunt double gimmick got him over, fans were waiting forever for him to get tired of the Mizz's crap and break away... and when he does, WWE does nothing with him and he gets let go. Why? He only did as told.

Just like Roman being pushed despite others needing it more. Like Bray dropping the title to Orton, who clearly doesn't need another title reign. He probably would have gotten in big trouble if he was like 'hell no', kicked out of the RKO and retained.

Stuff like that was Ryback's beef. For what it's worth I liked his title run/Big Show feud. I would have liked to see him go against Strauman.
    It'seems not that winners get paid more but rather that bigger stars who are bigger draws a get paid more.

Darth Vader gets paid more than Storm troopers. That's how it works even in fiction.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Which leads to complaints of Roman Reigns getting more pushes and headlining wrestlemania three times and thus getting a fatter paycheck than other superstars they feel deserve more.

Which leads to complaints of Roman Reigns getting more pushes and headlining wrestlemania three times and thus getting a fatter paycheck than other superstars they feel deserve more.
    People who are bigger draws and generate more money earn more money. That's just how it is. Works that way both in real sports and in other forms of fictional entertainment.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Tommy Dreamer brought up a funny story 2 years ago in a shoot interview and it involved Billy Corgan.

- Dreamer brings up that the backstage was a private area and the mentality then was really kayfabe. How only those in the business could be allowed backstage at a ECW show. So one day in Chicago , Billy Corgan appears backstage at a ECW show. Dreamer did not like this at all and starts to walk over as Sign Guy Dudley quickly comes to him.

"Who the fuck is that ?" Sign Guy answers its Billy Corgan as Dreamer doesn't give a rats ass and demands Sign Guy show him outta the locker room and backstage area.

- Dreamer claims that things are different now with locker rooms, but he's an old school type who believes the backstage locker room should be for the wrestlers since ...a lot of guys are changing in the men's locker room. They are discussing things match wise etc. So he says Lou (Sign Guy) had always did whatever the guys wanted and was such a nice guy he literally begs Tommy to let him stay , "He's a big deal , Tommy. He's part of Smashing Pumpkins...please.."

- Tommy relents and says he did it for Lou and actually grew to like Corgan who wanted to work a program in ECW. To give it exposure since he loves wrestling and he loved ECW. But he joked he nearly threw him out then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

People really need to stop using this word when it comes to wrestling, or anything. AJ Styles said it best. No one deserves anything, you have to earn it. Has Roman earned his push/bigger paycheck? I think so. He's done what he's been told to do to the best of his ability, there's been marked improvement in his in-ring and mic skills, plus he pushes merch and practically has the crowd eating out if the palm of his hand.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Mighty Member

*reads the WON*

This is why you fans can't have nice things.

Layfield revoked his LA privileges.
    Last edited by Royal; 04-07-2017 at 10:14 PM.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB