Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I haven't followed her Indy stuff, but I don't see why she got signed or why she's getting such a big push. She seems super generic to me right now. Both in looks/personality and wrestling ability. I don't hate her, I'm just 'meh'.
    I think the problem with the NXT womans division is that a lot of the newer ones don't really stand out a whole lot yet except Ember Moon and Nikki Cross (and of coure Asuka).

That said, I never thought Alexa Bliss particularly stood out in NXT and now you can make an arguement she's the standout diva in the main roster. Sometimes you just need the right opportunity.

BANNED

and that is probably my #1 issue with Cornette, he's openly disdainful and disrespectful of anyone he works with that isn't "in the business"

acting like that in any other job gets you fired, s**t, it can get you blackballed

BANNED

I haven't followed her Indy stuff, but I don't see why she got signed or why she's getting such a big push. She seems super generic to me right now. Both in looks/personality and wrestling ability. I don't hate her, I'm just 'meh'.
    she comes out of CZW and Chikara and a bit of SHIMMER I think, solid to great performer, has had good matches with both women and dudes

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    and that is probably my #1 issue with Cornette, he's openly disdainful and disrespectful of anyone he works with that isn't "in the business"

acting like that in any other job gets you fired, s**t, it can get you blackballed
    There are some guys who clearly shouldn't be in the business and they clearly need to realize that they don't know the industry. I mean Jim Herd is one example and he made a ton of mistakes and folks listened to him for it. I mean we could spend a whole thread discussing Jim Herd mistakes and what he did as boss of WCW. If Sinclair does have a guy who , if Cornette claims tells folks ...we need to charge a certain amount for ticket prices because a circus came to town and charged a little more...then I can see the disrespect there.

And as Cornette claims , not many respect this Greg the Office guy in ROH. That as he joked , "Doesn't know his ass from a whole in the ground regarding the business..." then I'm not shocked he was the only one who openly told the guy this. I mean in Ric Flair's book Jim Cornette would openly tell Flair and those on the booking committee , "Damn it Ric , you got me working with that dumb son of a bitch Jim Herd each week now !"

I mean ...did anyone expect Jim Cornette to spare this guys feelings ? I doubt it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

let us also not forget Cornette was the guy who ran Triple H down FOR YEARS because of the "Curtain Call"

I certainly get the "does the benefit outweigh the headache?" with Cornette

he is knowledgeable but jeezus he's a raging a-hole
    Last edited by TheInvisibleMan; 05-11-2017 at 05:28 PM.

she's getting a big push?? anyways i imagine she got signed because she's good in the ring, good at character stuff, good on the mic, and cute.

BANNED

I don't see how she's "generic" either

It seems we have hit that wrestling slump in WWE at least. That time of year post mania where things just become routine and nothing really exciting happens on either Raw or Smackdown. Everything is super predictable and even PPV and televised shows seem like house shows because nothing major happens at them. Hopefully, things will improve when it get closer to summerslam.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    It seems we have hit that wrestling slump in WWE at least. That time of year post mania where things just become routine and nothing really exciting happens on either Raw or Smackdown. Everything is super predictable and even PPV and televised shows seem like house shows because nothing major happens at them. Hopefully, things will improve when it get closer to summerslam.
    Lull time, im sure once Summerslam starts to creep closer, things will ramp up

and MITB is coming up soon too

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I think the problem is the world title scene on both brands is kinda flat (in the case of RAW non-existant at the moment).

I'll wager by Summerslam RAW will have Brock, Braun and Reigns back and Smackdown will probably have Cena show up again. That should probably help.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Lull time, im sure once Summerslam starts to creep closer, things will ramp up

and MITB is coming up soon too
    Yea I think things will ramp up soon. I know Brock is a special attraction kind of deal but if WWE is going to put the universal title on him he REALLY needs to wrestle a bit more. Not only is the bad for wrestlers that bust their butts week in and week out but it's also bad for fans and we end up in slumps like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the problem is the world title scene on both brands is kinda flat (in the case of RAW non-existant at the moment).

I'll wager by Summerslam RAW will have Brock, Braun and Reigns back and Smackdown will probably have Cena show up again. That should probably help.
    Yea it sucks Braun is out for a couple of weeks as it could be interesting to see a title match with him and Brock.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Thank the Gods.
    its wasnt the gods that destroyed my lapatop (it was my own anger and water in the comp took out my typing ability and volume control i then started smashing)

WWE Raw 5/8/17 Review Results & Reactions: AMBROSE & MIZ RUN RAW, TAG TEAM TURMOIL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHKgsc_9fIA

Braun Strowman INJURED! Out 4-8 Weeks, Jim Ross Announcing WWE UK LIVE! - WWE Off The Script Extra
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWNRW9zPO8E

WWE Smackdown Live 5/9/17 Review Results & Reactions: HUGE 6 MAN TAG MATCH & WWE BACKLASH HYPE!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv2SolNCG10 missed episode

WWE NXT 5/10/17 Review Results & Reactions: HIDEO ITAMI VS RODERICK STRONG #1 CONTENDERS MATCH!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSw32UEHwmg missed episode

WWE EXTREMELY HIGH On Aleister Black, WWE Women's Tournament DATES REVEALED! - Off The Script Extra
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoDnIULAe-0

Roman Reigns To Win The WWE Intercontinental Title From The Miz? | WWE Off The Script #169 Part 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVjXSPe99PY

ive missed all of that
    drifting from library
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-12-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The G1 Specials in the US will crown a IGWP United States Champion
    https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/statu...ash-5-21%2Fp32

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The G1 Specials in the US will crown a IGWP United States Champion
    https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/statu...ash-5-21%2Fp32
    Looks kinda like The 1st.

Better then The Wonka for sure.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB