Thread: Wrestling WWE

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    but isn't he the best play by play man in wrestling???

or so he says
    when he isn't doing the heel shit, josh is actually pretty good and on the ball. not the best in the business but you could do worse. much like cole.

it's when he does the heel shit that makes me mute the TV.

BANNED

and Silas Young mustache game is proper

thats even better than jake the snakes stache

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    when he isn't doing the heel shit, josh is actually pretty good and on the ball. not the best in the business but you could do worse. much like cole.

Apparently Cole booked the UK tournament.....even Cornette praised him for that

BANNED

Im not on the Cole hate train, and I was back in the day

when the situation calls for it, he does well

but isn't the rumor that he is looking to step off the table soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post

oh i wasn't hating on cole at all. i really don't hate cole anymore. just saying that josh is like cole: not bad but pretty good on comms when you put him with the right people, I.E. corey graves.

it's when josh goes heel that his comms suffers and becomes hard to listen to.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

but isn't he the best play by play man in wrestling???

or so he says
    Its a good heel act and got him this far , but really ...is anyone demanding a feud with Jeremy Borash ? I doubt it ranks as the best use of time here really. Borash isn't some great announcer either. This isn't like Lawler/Cole when that angle began because Lawler had a history working on TV and fans loved him. Borash hasn't done much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

Its why he needs to play a manager role and you can drift him away from the table.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

does anyone know why Matthews originally left WWE?

if I had to guess, it was probably because he wanted to do more and couldn't do it there

does anyone know why Matthews originally left WWE?

if I had to guess, it was probably because he wanted to do more and couldn't do it there
    I don't think he left so much as he was just released. He wasn't really doing anything at all in the WWE. He was like their D list announer in kick off shows or whatever.

BANNED

wasn't he calling SD for a bit?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Yeah, he wasn't all that good at it. Somehow he got even worse in TNA because almost everything he says outside of the heel crap sounds like he's asking a question. 'Course, Pope as the color guy isn't much better.

wasn't he calling SD for a bit?
    yeah but it was forgettable really. it was no real loss.

also, i have to ask again since he did more shoot interviews recently: is ryback wrestling? and if so, where and when?

I think Cole is in a similar boat to John Cena. I don't think most people hate on him because they literally think he's terrible (and neither Cena nor Cole are). I think people hate on them because somewhere along the line it just became cool to hate on them, so people do. THey're both perfectly fine at what they do. Neither are the greatest of all time, but they're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post

I thought the second half of that tournament was one of the best booked things I've seen from the WWE in a long time. Not that I thought the first half was bad or anything, but the second half really pulled me in. Which is something considering I didn't have a clue who any of these people were going into the show.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As long as he's used correctly to put people over that's fine.

The company's past record as far as using ex WWE talent correctly is somewhat spotty.
    in theory yeah, but the reality is steiner can't go at an even passable level anymore. and people almost never get over by having a really bad match.

you keepin' on that Barnett train, eh?
    i'm hoping for barnett in PWG's BOLA this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I said it weeks ago folks , the whole program with Matthews should have been him becoming a heel manager and drifting away from commentary. You could do this angle actually get people involved and create a main event program geared around it. Instead its 2 commentators and nothing is really going anywhere. You could build a heel stable and let Matthews be that manager role .
    that would've been just as bad or worse, the best thing about this angle is it's nowhere near the main event. really super what upper tier heel in TNA needs josh as a manager??

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Cole is in a similar boat to John Cena. I don't think most people hate on him because they literally think he's terrible (and neither Cena nor Cole are). I think people hate on them because somewhere along the line it just became cool to hate on them, so people do. THey're both perfectly fine at what they do. Neither are the greatest of all time, but they're fine.
    i think that's a pretty bad analogy. cena is a far better wrestler than cole is commentator. cena is so much better than fine or not terrible. cole is decent on his best days and unbearable on his worst.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Cole has shown he can be really good when he doesn't have Vince screaming in his ear for three hours.