Thread: Wrestling WWE

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    intriguing, Im wondering if GFW/Impact still has an IP claim though
    That is really where its gonna be for them. The main reason that GFW's trademark claim failed was because of several factors. The 1st was the trademark office is looking at Matt Hardy's claim he filed 1st. Also the fact the office wants to know if Broken Universe and more is wrestling related type trademarks or generic names. Because its confusing. I'm sure GFW will refile those and make it better known.

But they will have to likely contest the Matt Hardy claim 1st and then try and file those other ones again. And I'm sure they will.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    intriguing, Im wondering if GFW/Impact still has an IP claim though
    Im questioning on why this is even going on anymore at this point. It sounds like Anthem/Nordholm are continuously shooting themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Im questioning on why this is even going on anymore at this point. It sounds like Anthem/Nordholm are continuously shooting themselves in the foot.
    Well at this point , they really haven't. The Hardy's haven't been able to use the gimmick since. Its more a stalemate at this stage.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well at this point , they really haven't. The Hardy's haven't been able to use the gimmick since. Its more a stalemate at this stage.
    Anthem has successfully prevented the Hardy from using the gimmick. But I also think they succeeded in turning a certain percentage of the wrestling community against them over something they can't use either.

Between this and the whOle Paige/del Rio thing they're not exactly starting things off in the best possible light.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Anthem has successfully prevented the Hardy from using the gimmick. But I also think they succeeded in turning a certain percentage of the wrestling community against them over something they can't use either.

Between this and the whOle Paige/del Rio thing they're not exactly starting things off in the best possible light.
    They suspended Del Rio last I saw , no clue how long that will be. They can't force him not to be with Paige comically. I mean the WWE tried and Paige being the type of young girl who doesn't realize her life would become a fucking train wreck , didn't listen. So I mean they can't make Paige and Del Rio break up. No one can...its gonna be them both hitting rock bottom for that to happen.

The Hardy's deal has a 50/50 deal , the WWE had rules in place for IP created under them and have used it for years against wrestlers who leave the company. Whatever is created there , can't be used elsewhere. Its how things are. I mean comically Ryback changed his name legally to Ryback Reeves and they have issued cease and desist letters to indie companies booking him and saying he can't use "Ryback" in the name.

Anthem bought the company and wants to have strict rules on the IP and what is used outside the company. Its how it goes. But to think Anthem is the 1st company to do this is a laugh. They aren't and to be honest , if a wrestler wanted to use his stuff he did on WWE TV on Impact or elsewhere , McMahon wouldn't even speak to them . He'd laugh his ass off and tell his lawyer , yeah tell em we'll see them in court . Then the lawyer would play this as they told them ...

Astonishing Member

WWE SUPERSTAR SHAKEUP PLANNED AFTER WWE SUMMERSLAM? - Off The Script #180 Part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lJDAAM_PDg he isnt wrong about not being inn wwe to make it

Fantastic Member

It's like Dixie never left.. *sees Jarrett is back in charge* Ohhhhhhhh, i get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    It's like Dixie never left.. *sees Jarrett is back in charge* Ohhhhhhhh, i get it now.
    Nordholm's the boss over it all....he's the one who likely wants to see how far the Hardy's will go for this IP to use. Jarrett is in charge of creative and has been trying to recruit new talent. I mean ...he has a nice working relationship back with Mexico and Japan again. Which will help them and has as they finally got Morrison (who they have wanted awhile...) .

Jarrett isn't keeping the Hardy's from having the IP. He's not the boss over that. He just runs the creative area. Which I gotta give him props for. He's approached it very well by restarting working relationships with Konnan and Japan companies.

Ultimate Member

Cornette backed it up that Mascaras had an ego and would refuse to sell as well for folks.
    Chris Jericho has said the same thing about Mascaras. And apparently, he's STILL doing stuff like that today even.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Chris Jericho has said the same thing about Mascaras. And apparently, he's STILL doing stuff like that today even.

Hold on...Mascaras is still wrestling ?

Holy crap he's 75 and still refusing to put folks over. And folks thought Hulk Hogan and HHH had issues with jobbing.

Ultimate Member

I remember hearing a story from a year or two back. He was facing TWO guys, and he STILL didn't want to really put them over. He had to lose via count out or something.

Hold on...Mascaras is still wrestling ?

Holy crap he's 75 and still refusing to put folks over. And folks thought Hulk Hogan and HHH had issues with jobbing.
    If he's still wrestling in his 70's, he won't even put over Father Time.

If he's still wrestling in his 70's, he won't even put over Father Time.
    Course Mascaras still hasn't beaten HHH's classic of No Selling death when he was dropped in a car one week , then appeared the next week fine.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Dolph Ziggler's brother pleads guilty to involuntary manslaughter, aggravated robbery and kidnapping
    http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...gglers_na.html

Guess this explains why Dolph hasn't been on TV lately.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/2...t-championship

If Jones calls out Lesnar, does that mean Lesnar will lose at Summerslam, so he can go back to UFC?