Thread: Wrestling WWE

I haven't been digging Nak in the WWE. At all. That includes his NXT run.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I would love it to be at Mania they would put on an absurd match. I find it crazy that we have a Summerslam main event between a 3 Man Band member and a star who completely made his name on the other side of the world.
    They're maining over the 4 way!?

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyleSpirit View Post
    I haven't been digging Nak in the WWE. At all. That includes his NXT run.
    Why?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Why?
    No idea the order, but the two heavy weight title matches will probably be the last two slots. That could change depending on who Cena works with as Cena is always big draw.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Why not? I mean, if the title that's on RAW is always going to be the "A" title, why bother moving it from RAW and creating a new "Universal" title in the first place? The Smackdown title is the WWE Heavyweight Title, the one they unified before the brand separation. So why shouldn't it still be the top title, the one that closes the show?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Why not? I mean, if the title that's on RAW is always going to be the "A" title, why bother moving it from RAW and creating a new "Universal" title in the first place? The Smackdown title is the WWE Heavyweight Title, the one they unified before the brand separation. So why shouldn't it still be the top title, the one that closes the show?
    Because smackdown is the "B" show and Vince prefers Raw. Plus Roman is in the four-way, so I guarantee that the universal title match will main.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Because smackdown is the "B" show and Vince prefers Raw. Plus Roman is in the four-way, so I guarantee that the universal title match will main.
    Though I don't always agree that the RAW title should be the main event in joint PPV's, I think in this instance it's justifed.

I think there's a more big match feel with a Brock Lesnar title defense than a Jinder title defense.

Astonishing Member

WWE NXT 8/2/17 Full Show Review & Results: KYLE O'REILLY WWE DEBUT! JOHNNY GARGANO NXT RETURNS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOnY2W7WWZg

somebody got knocked the fug out

Footage shows Hideo Itami trying to jump Aleister Black in the parking lot: Exclusive, Aug. 2, 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlnZolMCwD4
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-03-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I don't always agree that the RAW title should be the main event in joint PPV's, I think in this instance it's justifed.

I think there's a more big match feel with a Brock Lesnar title defense than a Jinder title defense.
    Lesnar's title defense at SummerSlam has more of a big match feel because the odds are heavily stacked against him and he'll "leave" WWE if he loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Lesnar's title defense at SummerSlam has more of a big match feel because the odds are heavily stacked against him and he'll "leave" WWE if he loses.
    Yeah, it does almost sound like it's guranteeing a title change. And that's kind of a big deal I suppose.

And it's had a much longer build up. The Jinder/Nakamura thing only just started. Both look to be fun world title matches, but the RAW match in this instance at least has the bigger big match feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    All right, but then why bother moving the WWE Title to Smackdown Live! in the first place?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, it does almost sound like it's guranteeing a title change. And that's kind of a big deal I suppose.

And it's had a much longer build up. The Jinder/Nakamura thing only just started. Both look to be fun world title matches, but the RAW match in this instance at least has the bigger big match feel.
    They're trying their hardest to make it seem that Lesnar ISN'T going to hold the title up to Wrestlemania. Lesnar leaving if he loses the title in a Fatal 4 Way makes absolutely no sense though since he'll be able to demand a 1 on 1 rematch for the title.

As much as I want to see Nakamura become WWE Champion and have a good reign, I think the best outcome would be for Corbin to cash in at SummerSlam. This way WWE can let Jinder be the Face during the India tour against a Heel Corbin.

Nakamura being against Jinder really kills his gimmick of people hate me because I am different. Nakamura is more of a foreigner then Jinder ever would be as he was raised in Canada and speaks perfect English. Going to be great him cutting promos about people hating him because he is different to only have the fans get behind someone who actually is different and English is actually his second language.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Nakamura being against Jinder really kills his gimmick of people hate me because I am different. Nakamura is more of a foreigner then Jinder ever would be as he was raised in Canada and speaks perfect English. Going to be great him cutting promos about people hating him because he is different to only have the fans get behind someone who actually is different and English is actually his second language.
    Eh ... it plays into it. It makes him a preachy hypocrite and people hate that. Helps him get more heat and helps Nakamura get over as a face. And that's what you want: both players to get over.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    All right, but then why bother moving the WWE Title to Smackdown Live! in the first place?
    I guess they wanted an established championship on the show instead of having to make a new one. They were already going to have to create women's and tag titles, so having an established belt on the brand would been one less thing to worry about.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!