Thread: Wrestling WWE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Alexa calls Becky Lynch a joke of a champion: She beats her and proves she's a joke of a champion.

Alexa says Bayley isn't extreme enough to use a kendo stick: She squashes her in like five minutes and proves Bayley isn't hardcore enough to use a kendo stick.

Alexa says Sasha is choke artist and she can't defend her title even once: She beats her a proves she can't defend her title even once.
    Consistency? especially with a performer who is not all that physically imposing

I poop bigger than Alexa

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Consistency? especially with a performer who is not all that physically imposing

I poop bigger than Alexa
    It is the complete opposite of the guys it seems the smaller you are the more they push you. The whole Bayley not being hardcode enough to use the stick was so stupid because they have footage on the network of her with a kendo stick beating an off screen Tommy Dreamer who was just eating his snacks.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    It is the complete opposite of the guys it seems the smaller you are the more they push you. The whole Bayley not being hardcode enough to use the stick was so stupid because they have footage on the network of her with a kendo stick beating an off screen Tommy Dreamer who was just eating his snacks.
    Hell, just look at her match with Sasha at Takeover Respect to see that she has a meanstreak when she needs to. This whole not extreme enough garbage was regression, pure and simple.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hell, just look at her match with Sasha at Takeover Respect to see that she has a meanstreak when she needs to. This whole not extreme enough garbage was regression, pure and simple.
    Forgot about that one, but proves she can pull it off. It would have been nice if they let her win just so everyone knows when it comes down to it Bayley can step up.

Ultimate Member

Look at her second match with Asuka even, where she was noticeably more aggressive and even tried to trade blows with Asuka.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I'm assuming the payoff was supposed to be at Summer Slam, but then she got injured...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Alexa calls Becky Lynch a joke of a champion: She beats her and proves she's a joke of a champion.
    The feud with Becky wasn't as bad as you make it seem. Becky dominated her in non-title matches and Alexa needed Mickie James to gain and retain the title. Becky was protected in her losses.

Mae Young Tournament

All the Night 1 matches were very enjoyable. The introduction of the participants was on the level of the CWC and therefore very good. I appreciated the fact that there were mentions to CMLL and CHIKARA. The main event was the match with the most storytelling (as basic as it was) and the two ladies followed the script quite well. I ws favourably impressed by Jazy Gabert -- what a pity she's already well past her prime, otherwise I'd have liked seeing her again in the future.

About everything else, besides Ellering/Evans the awful ones are getting out in the first phase. Very good. The Marti Belle-Evers match was astonishingly bad. On the other hand I was surprised seeing how well the Ripley-Salinas match came out: not a masterpiece but solid from every point of view.

The real weak aspect of the Tournament is the commentary. There was no trace of liveliness in JR while he was commenting the in-ring action while Lita, very simply, is not a commenter. I hope against hope that somebody else is added to their table before the end.

RAW

First of all, the important things:

- "Enzo Amore defeats Noam Dar"... Good God, the sadness...

- A minute of silence for Big Show's beard.

- Rollins-Cesaro could easily be a match for the Universal Title, considering the talent of the two performers involved. Instead... The ending sequence was a little too rushed, though.

- The following match between Ambrose and Sheamus wasn't as good but the ending was better.

- I'm afraid that Southpaw Regional Wrestling invading the WWE could be a storyline in the future. VERY afraid. And gambling the debut of Impressive Pelvis Wesley in a non-smark arena the likes of Memphis was the first faux step.

- An immediate title change in the RAW Women's Division. Nice. We've never seen that kind of "surprises" there in recent times, after all. Fittingly, Sasha hadn't yet been made to look like a fool against Alexa and the booking team had to fix that. I don't know what's more laughable, Sasha not being able to keep a title for more than 20 days or Alexa winning 4 titles in less than a year. Take a note: I bet that Asuka's going to lose her winning streak against Bliss after a single one of the latter's Atomic DDT of Galactic Destruction, the most devastating finisher in modern pro-wrestling after Jinder Mahal's Cobra Clutch Slam.

I think that's all -- oh, right, that segment.

Really, the only thoughts I can come up with aren't about the segment itself, but rather about the two protagonists and the way they've been handles across the years.

Re Roman: Reigns has always been awful and after months without seeing any talking segment featuring him I found him even more awful than in the past. Period. Even the Usos (!) could make a good promo (not decent, good) in WWE while Reigns still can't.

Re Cena: the four or five commendable things he did in the last few years are not enough to make good for years and years of scorched earth around him. When I heard that he didn't bury anyone and that the choices are made by the audience I was expecting the canned laughter from an Eighties sit-com to start playing in the arena.

BANNED

I think you're being a bit too harsh on the Belle / Ever (Ellering) match

Rachel Ellering is fairly new - debuted in 2015

was it a bit sloppy? yes

but Id hardly call it a "bad match"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The feud with Becky wasn't as bad as you make it seem. Becky dominated her in non-title matches and Alexa needed Mickie James to gain and retain the title. Becky was protected in her losses.
    No she wasn't. She lost 90+% of the physical confrontations between the two. She was outsmarted, punked out, humiliated, etc week after week after week. She got ZERO successful title defenses, only got ONE clean win on TV for her entire title reign, and lost the belt in her very first PPV title defense, AFTER giving a "fiery promo" vowing revenge (which made her look even more pathetic). Then she looks like a clueless idiot who never learns and falls for the same heel tricks over and over and over again. And the payoff for all of this was, she lost in the end and that was it.

And even know, going on a year later, she STILL hasn't recovered from it.

"Not losing clean" doesn't automatically mean that you're "protected." She was a glorified chump her entire title reign, and in the end was only champion so that she could put Alexa over.

Yeah, it WAS that bad and she hasn't sniffed the title since.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I think you're being a bit too harsh on the Belle / Ever (Ellering) match

Rachel Ellering is fairly new - debuted in 2015

was it a bit sloppy? yes

but Id hardly call it a "bad match"
    I thought it was a bad match. Ellering was sloppy and the match never got out of first gear. Belle did some fantastic heel work but it couldn't save the match.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Becky is the Mr. Perfect or Rick Rude of the current roster. In terms of roster spots. She's there to enhance the upper card into the main event. Hopefully she gets a nice run.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Becky is the Mr. Perfect or Rick Rude of the current roster. In terms of roster spots. She's there to enhance the upper card into the main event. Hopefully she gets a nice run.
    I think she'll get a run for the belt when Charlotte eventually wins it. Wrestle mania will probably be Charlotte vs Becky.

Here we go another Jinder promo maybe this time it will be a different one rather then the same as his last 20 promos. As typing he drops the line about Asians, but an Asian is one of the more over guys. Just old and boring by this point.