Thread: Wrestling WWE

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    What was the joke? Who said it?
    enzo baeley
    mahal titus
    JD from below said so its one of his next shirts he and many others think they dont deserve to be on tv
    WWE Smackdown Live 9/19/17 Full Show Review: JINDER MAHAL CONTINUES TO DISGRACE THE WWE TITLE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex_phf-Emh8
    "this show sucks"
    and I still dont care about audible trial
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-20-2017 at 02:26 AM.

BANNED

I feel like its the early 2000's again with all the "smark outrage"

"disgracing the title"
    "exposing the business"
    "staining the legacy of bla bla bla"

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

"disgracing the title"
    "exposing the business"
    feels like 2017 to me with people complaining about "smarks" as they discuss wrestling on the internet. selfloathing amongst the iwc is such a peculiar thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    feels like 2017 to me with people complaining about "smarks" as they discuss wrestling on the internet. selfloathing amongst the iwc is such a peculiar thing.
    I totally understand self loathing

"disgracing the title"
    "exposing the business"
    Who complains about exposing the business these days except old school wrestlers? It was exposed a long time ago why would anyone care it has all been out their for years. The last title disgrace I can think of was WCW with Russo and Arquette unless TNA put it on Dixie at some point.

We've seen most of the 25 greatest matches in history in the last 8-10 years ... I have no idea why people are complaining other than "THAT'S NOT WHO I WOULD'VE PICKED!"

And yes, I know I've said some permutation of that phrase. Just because I don't like AJ doesn't mean he hasn't had some of the best matches in history.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    We've seen most of the 25 greatest matches in history in the last 8-10 years ... I have no idea why people are complaining other than "THAT'S NOT WHO I WOULD'VE PICKED!"

And yes, I know I've said some permutation of that phrase. Just because I don't like AJ doesn't mean he hasn't had some of the best matches in history.
    The quality of matches have been great even in WWE. What needs to be worked on is the writers in WWE giving bullet points instead of writing the same promos for certain guys every week when they would probably get more heat or over if they just had bullet points and got some freedom on the mic.

Ultimate Member

Gets the best reaction of the night, still doesn't get pushed-Becky Lynch booking in a nutshell.

Wow Jinder's promo was especially awful tonight, and it wasn't even clever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    The quality of matches have been great even in WWE. What needs to be worked on is the writers in WWE giving bullet points instead of writing the same promos for certain guys every week when they would probably get more heat or over if they just had bullet points and got some freedom on the mic.
    not everyone is capable of that sort of freedom, TBH

better to have the leash on then to end up with a Scott Steiner type situation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Gets the best reaction of the night, still doesn't get pushed-Becky Lynch booking in a nutshell.
    wrestling isn't a democracy

not everyone is capable of that sort of freedom, TBH

better to have the leash on then to end up with a Scott Steiner type situation
    Yes not everyone is capable, but if you are top of the card and could not carry yourself on the mic with just bullet points you should not be on top of the card.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

This is the crowd last night during SDL

TB5CPRI.jpg

kZUlSHO.jpg

Yikes.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

TB5CPRI.jpg

kZUlSHO.jpg

Yikes.
    Poor AJ Styles, he must think he's back in TNA again.

RAW

All in all, it was a static episode. The build-up to No Mercy was decent but it still wasn't a particularly good show.

- The Strowman-Lesnar double interview bored me.

- Nice ("sensible" would be a better word) choice having Goldy wrestle like Dusty Rhodes. The feud is still a black hole of interest, unfortunately.

- Those photos (posted in comment #52273) of the actual audience during the Smackdown show depict a situation that isn't too different than the one during RAW. It's not a big surprise, though, considering the ignoble Payback event that was held in that same city. After the humiliation of the local idol and the House of Horrors match, I can't manage to be surprised. Hello to the guy writing the promo for Roman where he says that he sells more tickets than Cena.

- I was quite confused about the women's feud, at a certain point. Emma was AWOL, Bayley appears and I wondered whether they had removed the former from the NM match, and only one hour of show later announcing that it had turned into a 5-way.

- Nice tag team match from an in-ring action standpoint (I don't see why not having it at No Mercy with Anderson & Gallows involved in the feud but whatever), but Cesaro annoyed me quite a bit. I mean, did you see when he wanted to tag-in on Rollins? With Sheamus already in the ring? A few minutes later, both him and the gingerhead botch the pinfall since the legal man was Sheamus but Cesaro was the one pinning Anderson (if I'm not wrong) and so both men go for the pin. Weird...

- Closing the episode with The Miz was a good thing. He has the status to do that any week. BUT, I can't help but being taken aback whenever I see a main event involving 3 jobbers and 3 mid-carders.

SMACKDOWN

Aaaaaand... we're back to the creative swamp pre-KO's headbutt. It was good as long as it lasted.

- I feel sorry for having to write this, but Ziggler has gotten on my nerves. Besides, isn't being forced to be the "wrestler who makes the impression of other wrestlers" usually the harbinger of release? (Haas, Sandow...) Not that I would be heartbroken if that was the case, since I'd really like seeing Dolph wrestling in contests outside of WWE (Japan, maybe). I would finally understand if his real great limitation is that he can do only a type of match, whoever the opponent is. What a pity that the company will be back to Chicago only in December... could have been the perfect moment for him to come out with the theme song of CM Punk!

- Orton vs English? Why am I having flashbacks from freakin' WWF Superstars of Wrestling?

- Speaking of Aiden, could somebody explain me the reasoning behind having Roode debuting against the former Vaudevillain and then 3 weeks of shows without the Glorious One on screen? I can't believe it's just because of the international tournče's.

- The usual Women's Division booking. Good for Charlotte but the main event left nothing even remotely memorable.

- Mahal keeps doing everything he can to prevent his detractors from changing their mind about him.

- The one positive thing of the episode: Corbin remembers how to act angry. And that says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

Yikes.
    That's not a house show!?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Poor AJ Styles, he must think he's back in TNA again.
    At least he's getting paid this time!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium