Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    no

I think it was more to set up Kane v Strowman

maybe Mr Jacobs is actually on the way out this time round
    Probably, if he really is running for mayor of that town in Tennessee.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Darren Young and Summer Rae were released as well
    http://www.wwe.com/article/emma-darr...?sf127969263=1

Summer Rae being let go pisses me off. She was great when she has an angle.
    I did like Summer Rae for the same reason

when she has something to work with, shes good

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I did have to laugh at the whole , lets remake Emma into Emmalina , ok this doesn't seem to work so lets remake her back.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Darren Young and Summer Rae were released as well
    http://www.wwe.com/article/emma-darr...?sf127969263=1

Summer Rae being let go pisses me off. She was great when she has an angle.
    I'm a little surprised Summer stuck around as long as she did honestly. She sort of fell into the out dated diva mold. Lana does too, but she has more of an "it" factor than Summer.

Sort of liked Darren with Mr. Backland, but not shocked he was let go either.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I did have to laugh at the whole , lets remake Emma into Emmalina , ok this doesn't seem to work so lets remake her back.
    How did they even know if Emmalina didn't work if she never even got on tv? They didn't even give that a shot.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm a little surprised Summer stuck around as long as she did honestly. She sort of fell into the out dated diva mold. Lana does too, but she has more of an "it" factor than Summer.

Sort of liked Darren with Mr. Backland, but not shocked he was let go either.
    Summer is a good valet. She was great with Fandango and Rusev. I thought she filled the role just as well as Lana. For whatever reason she fall out of favor.

Ultimate Member

So undercutting Asuka's debut by having her struggle so much looks even MORE pointless now, great job there WWE (sarcasm).

They weren't doing anything good with her anyway. Hopefully she can go someplace that will better utilize her talents (I wonder if STARDOM might be interested in bringing her in)?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So undercutting Asuka's debut by having her struggle so much looks even MORE pointless now, great job there WWE (sarcasm).

They weren't doing anything good with her anyway. Hopefully she can go someplace that will better utilize her talents (I wonder if STARDOM might be interested in bringing her in)?
    The point I think was to give Asuka a good match in her debut. That's the difference between say Asuka and Goldberg. Asuka wrestles compete to be matches which are usually pretty good. She doesn't squash her opponents, she just beats them.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-29-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Ultimate Member

It didn't fit the buildup though. It's like Nakamura having to struggle to beat Ziggler, only worse. Because at least Ziggler is a former World and IC champion. Asuka was build up as this unbeatable dominant force of destruction for so long. Emma meanwhile, was basically a jobber on the main roster with a dismal win/loss record.

Having Asuka have to struggle to beat one of the (in-kayfabe) weakest women on the roster, does nothing good for her. It doesn't make her look impressive, or scary, she just looks like "another one of the women."

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It didn't fit the buildup though. It's like Nakamura having to struggle to beat Ziggler, only worse. Because at least Ziggler is a former World and IC champion. Asuka was build up as this unbeatable dominant force of destruction for so long. Emma meanwhile, was basically a jobber on the main roster with a dismal win/loss record.

Having Asuka have to struggle to beat one of the (in-kayfabe) weakest women on the roster, does nothing good for her. It doesn't make her look impressive, or scary, she just looks like "another one of the women."
    Asuka didn't really squash women in NXT, but still managed to put out good matches and come off as dominant.

Emma was in fact one of the women she wrestled in NXT. And again, Asuka won but not by squashing her. If Asuka hasn't needed to do it before I'm uncertain she needs to do it now. Fact of the matter is if she can only get over by squashing people, it's questionable whether WWE should have her in their lockout to begin with. The woman's division isn't that big, so there's only so many you can throw under the bus to prop up Asuka.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Choose the wrong woman to cut. Fire Emma but keep Alicia Fox?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Alicia was leaving soon, just a gut feeling I have but it feels like they are giving her something to do after sticking around so long before she heads out. I think WWE dropped the ball on Emma, actually I think they've dropped the ball on the entire Women's division as we seem to be sliding back into one main story line and then have the other ladies in tag matches we were in before hand.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Quite upset about this. She was a great worker and deserved a title during her career even if it was a short run.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    How did they even know if Emmalina didn't work if she never even got on tv? They didn't even give that a shot.
    Well I think Emma told them it wasn't gonna work and she didn't wanna play off her looks. She wanted to play off her work in ring.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

cripes

too many Emma stans

there is nothing she did that any other woman on the roster can't do or do better

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar