Thread: Wrestling WWE

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Owens and Zayn have always been pretty outspoken guys at times. It was said by Steen years ago in a comical shoot that Sami is a really funny guy because the moment he arrives new to a locker room , people hate him. They literally don't like Sami due to meeting him those 1st times he's there. Then once they get to really know him they all love the guy. They hate when he leaves. He's seen it so many times and just laughs over it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i heard jericho did the NJPW as an F-U to WWE because back when owens won the US title because of a botched count, jericho was around to tape something for southpaw and as a favor he did the match to get the belt back on aj. anyways he supposedly xpected them to do him a favor and lend some NXT talent for that wrestling cruise thing and they said no.
    Can't really say I blame Vince/Hunter on this.

what the **** is "PWG cena"??
    Indy-tastic Cena. The one busting out Canadian Destroyers and other such garbage as new moves. I'd rather have '07/'11/'12 Cena back because his matches were far better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I am aware of who she is, I believe she did get a formal tryout as well

I think shes good
    i'd never heard of her but was quite smitten instantly. she had a pretty solid match with ivelise and throws a nice suplex.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Can't really say I blame Vince/Hunter on this.
    i don't really have an opinion one way or the other.

Indy-tastic Cena. The one busting out Canadian Destroyers and other such garbage as new moves. I'd rather have '07/'11/'12 Cena back because his matches were far better.
    oh god. good luck with that one dude, i'm sure it's going to catch on any day now.

i've never seen cena do a canadian destroyer, that's kind of crazy.

BANNED

he pulled one out vs AJ in one of their matches, looked a little rough but I appreciated the effort

makes me think about his match vs RVD at One Night Stand

crowd was chanting "same old s**t" when he broke out a lot of new moves that match

this??

if so that's not a canadian destroyer.

BANNED

oh its not? I was under the impression that was it

he pulled one out vs AJ in one of their matches, looked a little rough but I appreciated the effort

makes me think about his match vs RVD at One Night Stand

crowd was chanting "same old s**t" when he broke out a lot of new moves that match
    It's the nice thing about Cena. He'll try and pull out a few new things else even though he doesn't have to.

And I thought it was fine. Not that I haven't seen better sunset flip powerbombs, but I don't think it was terrible

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it has elements of a CD but it's not.

and now i'm seeing reports that a lot about the KO/sami story maybe exaggerated or outright wrong.

not sure what to think about this.

Sunset flip powerbomb is very very close to a canadian destroyer. They both start off with a sunset flip. If the receiver lands on their head it's a canadian destroyer, but if they land on thier backs it's a sunset flip powerbomb. I think it's sometimes called a Yoshi tonic.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it has elements of a CD but it's not.

and now i'm seeing reports that a lot about the KO/sami story maybe exaggerated or outright wrong.

not sure what to think about this.
    I'll bet they just got bitchy while on tour and we're sent home. It sounds like everyone is always miserable riding around together on those buses in those tours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'll bet they just got bitchy while on tour and we're sent home. It sounds like everyone is always miserable riding around together on those buses in those tours.
    2 week overseas tour probably gets on the nerves

but the WWE makes a ton of money on those because they mostly all sell out

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Eric Bischoff discussed in a shoot from awhile back his views on Jim Herd , Kip Allen Frye and Bill Watts. Each man took over WCW awhile.

Jim Herd - Bischoff claims Herd hired him in 1990 and he was the low man on the totem pole basically. He had little interaction with Herd beyond a drink or two with him over the time he was hired at a motel bar. But then one day he heard he was fired which shocked him , so he chased him down before he left and thanked him for giving him a job with the company.

Kip Frye - Says he was like a deer in the headlights when he came in. That he was a goofy guy , but really a smart entertainment lawyer and had no clue about the wrestling business and he knew Kip wouldn't be in the role for long as it was a temp move.

Bill Watts - Bischoff claims Watts came in and was essentially a bully. That attendance was terrible for WCW shows so Watts decided that they'd go back to the 1970's. Mats would be remove from around the ring . They'd turn down the lights and focus on the arena. 400+ fans would come to one show and have brown paper bags and Watts would wanna do a 1970's studio show as his solution to not improve attendance.

That by doing this he also made it more dangerous by removing mats. That instead of this dynamic talent getting to turn things loose they were hampered because Watts made the mats being gone a dangerous place so this made things more boring in ring. Also the fact Watts was a stupid bully in a sense with how he handled people and Bischoff watched,

He also brings up that Watts trying to be a tough guy , he'd bring a gun into the Omni and place it on his desk as a sign of being tough. But as Bischoff joked if you have to do this , then your not really a tough person and a p----y basically.

On Getting the Job - Bischoff had heard rumblings awhile Watts was gonna be pushed out. That the Turner Executives was so irked by Watts and his behavior ...plus the fact the company was doing terrible they were gonna remove him. So he knew it was coming eventually. Bill Shaw (Turner Exec) told Bischoff that they were gonna hire an Executive producer and get away from this wrestling mindset and turn the company into a TV property and if it didn't work...then they were gonna close it. That Watts running the company had gave them the excuse if they wanted to close it.

Kevin Nash - In his shoot Nash joked that Watts was a terrible bully who tried to take advantage of guys. That he's a green horn and Watts asked him to bend over and what should have been a wrestling punch. Nash claims Watts punched him for real and it did ring his bell some. So he stood up and asked Watts if that is all he had. Which Watts as he joked walked off...but as Nash joked , "He likely was like , that's a pretty big f'n guy..."

A couple weeks later Watts called him into the office and told him , were gonna make you a big rugged babyface. Nash just is like...really ? Because he knew Watts was full of crap.

Years later in WWF , Nash is WWF World Champion and they are taking time to put up this steel cage in ring. Its 40 minutes to put the old classic blue cage up. Anyhow he's supposed to face Yokozuna in a match and both guys are like , this is taking forever. Watts is working guerrilla position and after the cage is put up tells both guys to go tear down the house. So Nash gets in ring and he pretty much walks Yoko through a 20+ second match and comically rolls him up for the pin in the corner . Watts is pissed and asks WTF was that ?

Nash is like , it was time to go home , audience wanted a quick finish and besides...here old man I eat you in the food chain. And flips Watts off. As Nash joked he had a William DaFoe moment laughing backstage.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Bischoff has always been pretty honest about his early days at WCW, Jim Herd had no clue, and Bill Watts was an A HOLE

Yeah that is totally not the Canadian Destroyer I am sure they could pull one off if they wanted to though.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sunset flip powerbomb is very very close to a canadian destroyer. They both start off with a sunset flip. If the receiver lands on their head it's a canadian destroyer, but if they land on thier backs it's a sunset flip powerbomb. I think it's sometimes called a Yoshi tonic.
    It's more sunset flip powerbomb than rolling Yoshi Tonic. Needs more speed and air for a tonic but also ... Cena is a big man. AJ probably couldn't lift Cena much.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium