Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Yeah that is totally not the Canadian Destroyer I am sure they could pull one off if they wanted to though.
    WWE typically aren't big fans of pile drivers (Taker and Kane being very notable exceptions). So it's probably not a move we'll see anytime soon. Just as well, since the sunset flip powerbomb is just as cool.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Bischoff has always been pretty honest about his early days at WCW, Jim Herd had no clue, and Bill Watts was an A HOLE
    Almost every shoot it seems to echo that Watts was an *******. Rick Steiner , Scott Steiner , Kevin Nash and even Larry Zbesko.

Larry brought up that Watts was running mid-south and helping Eddie Graham with Florida. Anyhow he had trained under Bruno and basically Bruno was a big booker for the WWWF then . So Bruno told Bill that Larry has to be booked strong because the TV in Florida was airing in Rhode Island and they had plans for Larry in the North. Anyhow he goes down and Bill has him programmed against the top heel in the promotion where he's not gonna go over. So Larry goes to Bill and tells him , I can't do this Bill. Bruno already explained the TV is airing there and I can't be made to look bad for whats planned there.

Had there been no TV , Larry would have been happy to put over the top heel and all. Because you did that in territories. But here with TV airing from Florida he had to listen to what Bruno wanted for him. Anyhow Bill is like , I don't care what Bruno wants. And he jokingly was called Bruno's Kid. But Larry was like sorry I can't do it then.

Anyhow hours later he gets a call from Jim Barnett who was running Georgia. So he pretty much shows up and everyone done heard how he shot down Bill Watts and wouldn't cave. But comically he'd find out later that Bruno decided to do a fun power play to get back at Watts and all. Anyhow the idea was the Omni in Atlanta had just opened for business and Georgia was gonna run a big card there. Bruno was the big attraction but he really didn't wanna fly down to do it. So he used the excuse that where Larry was fired from Florida he wouldn't do the show for Barnett.

So Barnett is PISSED now as is Ole Anderson because this is screwing up plans so they tell Larry how would he like to make $500 a week (which was big money then for a newcomer) and no worries about how he's gonna be booked. Also they have Bill Watts come there and comically have to apologize (which he doesn't wanna do since he's an *******). So the whole time he's gritting his teeth and going how sorry he was and it was Eddie Graham's decision. But he didn't wanna apologize because as Larry joked he was a huge ******* to everyone and now he's gotta apologize cause Bruno's got Barnett & Ole over a barrel and they blame him for starting it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

read somewhere that Larry regularly attends the NXT tapings, will sometimes give feedback at the PC

not a trainer, more of a consultant

BANNED

Today is the 20th anniversary of the Montreal Screwjob

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    oh god. good luck with that one dude, i'm sure it's going to catch on any day now.
    Huh?

he pulled one out vs AJ in one of their matches, looked a little rough but I appreciated the effort

makes me think about his match vs RVD at One Night Stand

crowd was chanting "same old s**t" when he broke out a lot of new moves that match
    Cena working the marks that night with his shirt was a master class.

oh its not? I was under the impression that was it
    It's the Code Red. I made the cardinal mistake of using the wrong name for a wrestling move and am now awaiting transfer to the worst Russian gulag for the rest of my days.

Astonishing Member

From Twitter: Becky Lynch just beat the person who beat the current champion three times in a row! She could definitely make a case for #1 Contender. (And the way Shane tends to hand out title shots like candy...)

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    From Twitter: Becky Lynch just beat the person who beat the current champion three times in a row! She could definitely make a case for #1 Contender. (And the way Shane tends to hand out title shots like candy...)
    On the least, Becky should now be referring to herself as the face that runs the place.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    WWE typically aren't big fans of pile drivers (Taker and Kane being very notable exceptions). So it's probably not a move we'll see anytime soon. Just as well, since the sunset flip powerbomb is just as cool.
    Oh yeah I never expect to see it in WWE I meant that the two of them could pull off the move.

On the subject of Canadian Destroyers in WWE or not ... it's safer than a normal pile driver. The momentum is spread out across more of the body and the force is largely on the sender (stomach, thighs, hips take the largest impact), not the receiver. Whereas other piledrivers, tombstones included, the force is largely on the receiver and on the neck/shoulders.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Cena returns at Survivor Series, back on the blue brand as the fifth member for Team Smackdown

https://twitter.com/shanemcmahon/sta...d-5th-man-team
    John Cena Joins TEAM SMACKDOWN At Survivor Series | Off The Script Extra November 8th 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCF77RenxU8

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    On the subject of Canadian Destroyers in WWE or not ... it's safer than a normal pile driver. The momentum is spread out across more of the body and the force is largely on the sender (stomach, thighs, hips take the largest impact), not the receiver. Whereas other piledrivers, tombstones included, the force is largely on the receiver and on the neck/shoulders.
    Taker can usually get away with doing Tombstones because he generally seems pretty good at hitting the movie without the other persons head really even coming all that close to the matt. Though I think Kane may have botched it a few times.

Taker can usually get away with doing Tombstones because he generally seems pretty good at hitting the movie without the other persons head really even coming all that close to the matt. Though I think Kane may have botched it a few times.
    Taker botched that one with Reigns recently. That's the only one I can remember.

Kane fucked up Foley a couple times. And X-Pac.

Sting was pretty good with them, too. Till 2015.

Foley, Sabu, and Tiger Mask were good with them.

When you go back and watch Austin, he probably should've never been allowed to do a pile driver. His were rough.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

read somewhere that Larry regularly attends the NXT tapings, will sometimes give feedback at the PC

not a trainer, more of a consultant
    Another funny comical aspect of Watts was Jim Ross detailing how history could have been very different to Bischoff on his podcast.

- J.R brings up that Watts one day before a show at his motel told him , "I want you to fire that Bischoff kid..." Jim Ross was like , what ? Because it caught him off guard that day. So Ross asked what Bischoff did to want him fired. Watts didn't have a reason , he just didn't like him. So Jim Ross had to say , Bill we can't just fire someone because you don't like them . Is he doing his job ? And Watts said he was doing his job as 3rd announcer. But he didn't like the kid.

- J.R told him that this was like the time he woke up and moved everyone in the company that was staying at a motel because they didn't serve the right muffins he liked. So Watts agreed to keep him and made him J.R.'s boy and Ross was like , he's not my boy. I just feel you need more than that to fire someone and besides WCW didn't have good depth at the position. But Watts let it go.

- But the problem was J.R who had came up with Watts was tied so close to him. That when Bill came into WCW he was saddled as a Watts guy and even though he was friends with him , he really didn't bring him into WCW. But when Watts was fired , he claims he caught hell from folks over it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It's the nice thing about Cena. He'll try and pull out a few new things else even though he doesn't have to.

And I thought it was fine. Not that I haven't seen better sunset flip powerbombs, but I don't think it was terrible
    the move was xecuted pretty damn smoothly there imo, but if i remember there was a badly botched one against owens i think. anyways my problem isn't with the xecution of the move, i just don't think it fits in well with cena's moveset.

Sunset flip powerbomb is very very close to a canadian destroyer. They both start off with a sunset flip. If the receiver lands on their head it's a canadian destroyer, but if they land on thier backs it's a sunset flip powerbomb. I think it's sometimes called a Yoshi tonic.
    not xactly, legs are positioned differently for each move. one the guy underhooks the other guys arms with his legs resulting in a pinning position.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Taker botched that one with Reigns recently. That's the only one I can remember.

Kane fucked up Foley a couple times. And X-Pac.

Sting was pretty good with them, too. Till 2015.

Foley, Sabu, and Tiger Mask were good with them.

When you go back and watch Austin, he probably should've never been allowed to do a pile driver. His were rough.
    you know i always thought they should've just had owens modify the package piledriver into a powerbomb, like how brain damage used to do it in CZW.

also i wish chris hero could use the piledriver, i thought the move added a lot to his matches.

oh and say what you will about impact but it is pretty cool to see the GHC heavy title defended on american tv

NJPW's coming back to california!! hopefully i can go this time and hopefully billy gunn isn't taking a spot on the roster.