Thread: Wrestling WWE

APW in san francisco had a pretty damn sweet looking card tonight at the cow palace.
    standout matches being
    jeff cobb(matanza) vs jack swagger
    rey misterio & juvi vs penta & fenix
    reno scum vs unbreakable machines(brian cage & michael elgin)

wish i would've found out sooner so i could've went. been wanting to go to san francisco lately anyways.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    APW in san francisco had a pretty damn sweet looking card tonight at the cow palace.
    standout matches being

wish i would've found out sooner so i could've went. been wanting to go to san francisco lately anyways.
    sounds sweet sorry you missed it

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    standout matches being

i'm with ya, b. that is balla ass card right there.

luke might be the dark horse of this tournament.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In a shoot from 2-3 days ago Bruce Prichard discussed the plans the WWF had with Andre the Giant in 1990.

- At Wrestlemania VI , Andre turned face for the 1st time in 3 years. The plans as Prichard claim was in motion awhile as the company and Andre wanted a face turn. Because he was wanting a last run as a face in the company. They had no clue that his health was gonna get worse and it would be his final televised WWF shows. That he wasn't on crutches then til months later.

- Andre was gonna basically become a 2-3 time a year special attraction and work Wrestlemania , Royal Rumble and Survivor Series. Just the big shows and all. Again they had no idea his health was gonna get much worse. He already had issues. Also they wanted to get him face so he could make personal appearances and sign autographs etc...to make money.

- Prichard is read a story where Jimmy Snuka was supposed to turn heel and team with Haku and form a new Islanders tag team managed by Heenan. Prichard claims that was never discussed at all. He has no clue who told that one.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It looks like were gonna get that return no one demanded really , Michelle McCool was hyped in a video with her interaction with Charlotte on WWE.Com . And honestly McCool wasn't that solid in ring to begin with and her biggest angle was basically them copying the Beautiful People from TNA and doing a lesser quality act. (The fact nothing in Lay Cool made anyone look good) unlike where almost everyone involved in Beautiful People each had big solo runs as Knockouts and it established Madison Rayne.

You'd say why not bring back Trish or Victoria for a run. 2 talented ladies who can work a mic and have in ring talent ? Instead were gonna get the return of Michelle McCool and no literal fucks were given.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

BANNED

Trish is doing the family thing and apparently has ZERO interest

dont know about the former Victoria, Tara, Lisa Marie

I miss WCW.

WCW was so much better than WWE.

BANNED

I wouldn't go that far

even at its peak, WCW had glaring issues with its roster and how they managed things

WCW could book an invasion angle. Perhaps the greatest Invasion angle that exploded the business. WWE has had 2-3 cracks at it and have failed in epic fashion (NWA 1998 , WCW/ECW 2001 , Nexus 2010). In almost every case the company had perhaps 2 of the hottest big angles ever given to them on a plate (ECW/WCW Invasion , Nexus) and had great starts. I mean they literally has 2 angles start off so damn well...and they pretty much dropped the ball in epic ways.

BANNED

2001 was thrown together hastily, as was Vinces offer for WCW

I think it was underwhelming but I really liked that some guys got a chance that wouldn't have gotten a chance if the big names were there

O'Haire and Palumbo vs the APA stands out for me

DDP, Rhyno got some shine on

the NWO thing worked so well because - no internet, Bischoff and a small circle of people

hell even their merch was handled separately

Wasn't just just it was hastily thrown together. The network demanded vince bury wcw.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Wasn't just just it was hastily thrown together. The network demanded vince bury wcw.
    Vince and Shane were floating the idea of WCW being a separate promotion

network was like noooooope

kill em dead

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I wouldn't go that far

even at its peak, WCW had glaring issues with its roster and how they managed things
    yup. that last year for WCW was just horrid. i mean the years leading up to it weren't the best but 2000 was just...........ew.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    I miss WCW.

WCW was so much better than WWE.
    in some areas. but they killed themselves overall.