Thread: Wrestling WWE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I bet all 3 are on the new season of Total Divas.
    Mandy was, Paige was up until last year

Sonya (Daria Berenato) is a solid performer, also openly gay, so that might be a bit of a PR thing

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Tamina works okay on television heel side of things. Not that she's a greater worker by any means, but she provedidn't to he physically equal to Nia (or at least pretty close) as SS.

I don't see her beating Charlotte, but she's a descent enough person to feud with.
    Tamina's issue is that her knees are shot because of the injuries. It'd be asking a lot of her to keep up with any of the top three faces.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

to those who listen to riffdowns, we'll be doing the show from twitch for now, due to RVT's channel getting a stupid copyright strike.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    to those who listen to riffdowns, we'll be doing the show from twitch for now, due to RVT's channel getting a stupid copyright strike.
    how does that even happen?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    how does that even happen?
    matty played a 30 second clip of mr. anderson doing announcing for a boxing promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I could see them putting the Iconic duo on SDL since the heel side is pretty dire outside of Carmella. Probably throw in Ruby Riot, Aliyah, or Liv Morgan to even out the face side a bit more.
    Wow, you were pretty close as far as who got called up to Smackdown. Though not necessarily on the face part of it.

I wonder if this is an invasion angle of sorts. A Gothic NXT invasion apparently, as it seems to be headed by Paige and Ruby,
    Last edited by XPac; 11-21-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Paige is behind both invasions?

If we did watch NXT, we all know Sarah Logan was winless and Liv Morgan wasn’t much better record wise. How do they have any credibility whatsoever?

If we did watch NXT, we all know Sarah Logan was winless and Liv Morgan wasn’t much better record wise. How do they have any credibility whatsoever?
    They really don't. But in a way it's sort of nice to have a few women you don't have to worry about protecting as much. Or in simpler terms, a larger roster will hopefully mean Becky won't have to put people over as much,

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

They don't have any, and neither do Sonya and Mandy on Raw. I guess the main roster needed warm bodies and just brought up whoever NXT wasn't using at the moment. I just hope they treat them better than Dana.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wow, you were pretty close as far as who got called up to Smackdown. Though not necessarily on the face part of it.

I wonder if this is an invasion angle of sorts.
    Had to laugh when I saw who got the call-up. Kinda makes sense considering that Ruby has the WWE TV style down pat and won't really get any better and Liv's been down in NXT for three years. Logan's probably in the same vein as Ruby since she's a vet with a good amount of experience.

That'd be pretty interesting. Logistics would be kinda wonky, but eh, it's wrestling.

Eh, who really cares about their records in NXT? They just showed up and made a big impression against the top three faces and the ex-champion. As long as they aren't booked to look like losers after this, it's all gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Had to laugh when I saw who got the call-up. Kinda makes sense considering that Ruby has the WWE TV style down pat and won't really get any better and Liv's been down in NXT for three years. Logan's probably in the same vein as Ruby since she's a vet with a good amount of experience.

That'd be pretty interesting. Logistics would be kinda wonky, but eh, it's wrestling.

Eh, who really cares about their records in NXT? They just showed up and made a big impression against the top three faces and the ex-champion. As long as they aren't booked to look like losers after this, it's all gravy.

I think in the short term, they'll be made to look dominant. They're this invading force, so the bookers will need to establish them as a threat in order to tell the story.

Long term, I'm not so sure. If they couldn't really shine in developmental I'm not sure they will on the main roster. Then again, that's exactly what Alexa did so ya never know.

Not really worried about long term, personally. The injection of new blood is the kind of shot in the arm both womens' divisions needed at the moment.

Astonishing Member

Apparently the plans for Lesnar/Balor are being scrapped since Vince doesn't believe Balor is over enough. As upset as I am about the reasoning, I would have no problem not having to watch Balor be fed to Lesnar.

Also, Vince wants the F-5 to be a one and done move so it will be surprising for Reigns to kick out multiple at Wrestlemania. As somebody earlier mentioned, that's painfully obvious.

BANNED

anyone watch that WWE 365 thing with KO?

was actually very interesting, KO puts a lot of pressure on himself

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    anyone watch that WWE 365 thing with KO?

was actually very interesting, KO puts a lot of pressure on himself
    Yeah, it was a pretty cool show. It's interesting following a superstar an entire year.

For a show like this, there's no way of knowing what kind of year any of the guys they choose to follow will have. It'll be interesting to see if they follow anyone who ends up having a really flat year. There's really no way to know that far in advance, even though I'm assuming they'd choose to follow people that they assume would get pushed. KO obviously had a pretty darn good one, even taking into account the small ups and downs.