Thread: Wrestling WWE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Suspend
    Investigate
    Release

It sucks but domestic violence is serious. Swann really is a guy who I root for. Hopefully, he is exonerated and the charges are false.
    did you read the police report

two witnesses and the victim, all the same story

JUST BELIEVE WOMEN FOR ONCE

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This fucking sucks. I like Swann and this happens when he's in a middle of a push. I don't see the WWE keeping him around.

BANNED

Im not sure how one is "exonerated" from this

According to the arrest report, the two were traveling from the event and began arguing after Swann was criticizing Yung’s performance and began to get angry with her. Yung was afraid that argument would escalate and got out of the car as Swann, who was driving, was in the middle of traffic. Swan chased after Yung and yelled for her to return to the car, but she refused and began to walk away. Swann then allegedly grabbed Yung by the arm and put her in a headlock. He began to bring her back to the car as she screamed for help. According to a witness, Yung was “beating on the window screaming for help” as the car drove away, which a second witness described as “erratic.” That second witness noted that Swann failed to put the car in park during the argument, and the car moved forward and struck a telephone pole. The first witness said that Yung “seemed very afraid of the Defendant and was trying to get away from him.”

Police stopped Swann about a mile away from the altercation and placed him under arrest. Yung told authorities that she was afraid of Swann and of the possibility that the argument would get physical, as “he has a temper sometimes.” She said she asked Swann to pull the car over so that she could leave the vehicle, but said he refused so she waited until the car slowed in order to jump out.

Swann, according to the report, denied after being read his rights that he touched Yung, and said she returned to the car on her own. He said that he wanted to return home and that he needed her to come with because of her phone’s GPS. The report says that the two have been together five years, and have been married for nine months. He is currently being held at Alachua County Jail in Gainesville, Florida and has been charged with kidnapping and false imprisonment, as well as battery – touching or striking. The former charge is third-degree felony, while the second is a first-degree misdemeanor.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    and if he's convicted, the WWE will release him (per their policy)
    They won't wait that long-he's GONE.

They don't want the PR nightmare-because if ONE person stops watching the WWE over this-that is one too many for them.

He'll be gone either before Royal Rumble or after Mania. Might as well get that TNA contract ready.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    did you read the police report

two witnesses and the victim, all the same story

JUST BELIEVE WOMEN FOR ONCE
    In a society where you are legally "innocent until proven guilty" everyone should wait until someone is found guilty in a court of law, regardless of who the witnesses are.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This fucking sucks. I like Swann and this happens when he's in a middle of a push. I don't see the WWE keeping him around.
    Yeah. Given he was being pushed, his timing is pretty bad. But I suppose it creates a potential opportunity for someone else. Someone who may be hasn't had a shot like he did.

I wonder if they will even explain it on TV, or if they'll just act like nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah. Given he was being pushed, his timing is pretty bad. But I suppose it creates a potential opportunity for someone else. Someone who may be hasn't had a shot like he did.

I wonder if they will even explain it on TV, or if they'll just act like nothing happened.
    I would love to see Gulak make a power point about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They won't wait that long-he's GONE.

They don't want the PR nightmare-because if ONE person stops watching the WWE over this-that is one too many for them.

He'll be gone either before Royal Rumble or after Mania. Might as well get that TNA contract ready.
    Considering what it was, probably not

Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    In a society where you are legally "innocent until proven guilty" everyone should wait until someone is found guilty in a court of law, regardless of who the witnesses are.
    oh come off of it, THIS is not a court of law, its an internet forum

and considering we live in a society that wants to victim blame first, I am absolutely fine with saying Rich Swann is a women beating POS and needs to be held accountable

starting with losing his WWE job

Cases like this needs to be looked at with heavy scrutiny. Screw that listen and believe garbage.

BANNED

thats what the authorities are for

I am an average citizen and can decide how I choose to react

and considering Ive lived a situation like this, when my ex-stepfather did almost the same thing to my mom in a public street and no one did anything, yeah Im a bit biased about things like assault and domestic violence

As an average citizen I chose to react in a way that won't potentially ruin someone's life on a whim. Kneejerking never makes anything better. WWE already suspended him. We'll have to wait to see how the case develops before wishing him on his future endeavors.

BANNED

its not a whim

its a police statement by two people stating what happened

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Part of me hopes that this is a misunderstanding and that Rich won't go to jail. He seems like a good guy and fun to watch on Raw. The other part hopes that, if it's determined he did what he's accused of, he gets released without delay. WWE has enough issues to worry about without continuing to employ a domestic abuser.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Rich Swann ARRESTED For BATTERY and FALSE IMPRISONMENT | Off The Script EXTRA December 2017
    5,490 views 581 up 31 down
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm79-zRGQ00

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/stat...14817690890240
    Following Following @JDfromNY206
    Domestic violence SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED in any situation. The news about Rich Swann is sad, unexpected & pathetic. Coincidentally his wife is performing this Saturday at House Of Glory against Sonya Strong. I look for WWE to make an example and terminate him IMO
    9:48 AM - 10 Dec 2017
    58 Retweets 327 Likes Lee Johnson#BROKEN MAYLAYKevinMark Villanuevaluis ramirez#Woken MrPPV05Marc MatthewsDouglas FarmerAlex
    45 replies 58 retweets 327 likes
    Reply 45 Retweet 58 Like 327
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-10-2017 at 07:33 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    Rich Swann ARRESTED For BATTERY and FALSE IMPRISONMENT | Off The Script EXTRA December 2017
    5,490 views 581 up 31 down
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm79-zRGQ00

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/stat...14817690890240
    Following Following @JDfromNY206
    Domestic violence SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED in any situation. The news about Rich Swann is sad, unexpected & pathetic. Coincidentally his wife is performing this Saturday at House Of Glory against Sonya Strong. I look for WWE to make an example and terminate him IMO
    9:48 AM - 10 Dec 2017
    58 Retweets 327 Likes Lee Johnson#BROKEN MAYLAYKevinMark Villanuevaluis ramirez#Woken MrPPV05Marc MatthewsDouglas FarmerAlex
    45 replies 58 retweets 327 likes
    Reply 45 Retweet 58 Like 327
    Dude , people posted about Rich Swann , its not like we need a news video to discuss it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.