Thread: Wrestling WWE

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    stroman can't put over bork, bork' already above him. kane will likely take the fall to protect the other 2 guys.

not to beat a dead horse but damn is aj ever going to main event smackdown again, at least on tv?? pretty sure the tag match will main event the PPV.
    more than brock. that's for sure.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Tim Storm looks like that dad at the soccer game who spends all match yelling at the refs and the other team

and the kids are only 8

also im a big fan of Nick Aldis (formerly known as Magnus)

The big knock on Storm is , if only he was 43 , instead of 53. Because he has a decent look and could be a great heel and has some solid work. Its just his age makes it hard to say build long term around him. Comically on this video a couple posters tell Corgan and Lagana how wrong they are to put the belt around a younger guy who could be a long term guy instead of Storm.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

id like to see aichner burch and lorcan as a trio

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/941084843143610368
    @WWE
    Following Following @WWE
    More
    Former member of the U.S. Marine Corp. and current @WWENXT Superstar @SteveCutlerWWE reflects on an incredible experience at @WWE @TributeToTroops! #Troops15 @USnavy @DeptofDefense

Last edited by steve2275; 12-13-2017 at 08:06 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    In all likelihood. If that's the case, it's a hard pass for me. The last thing I want to see is Kane in a main event title match and Strowman putting over Buzzcut again.
    The nice thing about the Royal Rumble PPV is that the world title matche isn't the main event, so you don't necessarily need it to carry the show. Hell, I think Brock once defended it against Hardcore Holly at a PPV. People tune in to watch the Rumble itself. Everything else is just dressing on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The nice thing about the Royal Rumble PPV is that the world title matche isn't the main event, so you don't necessarily need it to carry the show. Hell, I think Brock once defended it against Hardcore Holly at a PPV. People tune in to watch the Rumble itself. Everything else is just dressing on the side.
    this is true, i mean there have been years where the title match has main evented but i think it's best to have the match the show is named after as the main event.

the downside imo is the rumble match itself hasn't been good for a while now.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    more than brock. that's for sure.
    Say what you will about Brock not defending his title much but he's always the main program whenever he's around. Jinder never accomplished that in his 6 month reign as champion. His feuds were never the main-event program even though he was champ. WWE championship likely won't be as long as he remains in the title picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Say what you will about Brock not defending his title much but he's always the main program whenever he's around. Jinder never accomplished that in his 6 month reign as champion. His feuds were never the main-event program even though he was champ. WWE championship likely won't be as long as he remains in the title picture.
    i'd rather have a weak champion than one who doesn't exist.

BANNED

the Universal Title is so dead, even Beetlejuice wouldn't do business with it

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Ok , now this story is one I never heard of and as a long time fan ...this one is pretty damn wild. Cornette is asked about a rumor a fan from Tennessee details that former USWA World Champion did with a belt.

- Anyhow the story is about former USWA wrestler The Snowman. Anyhow the Snowman won the USWA World title from Jerry Lawler in the early 1990's. Snowman however soon learned that Lawler didn't mean for him to become the #1 guy in the company and much like how WWE would book John Cena over CM Punk when he was champion in main event programs , Lawler would main event the company. Also Snowman's pay was crap and he finally refused to do anymore business with USWA. Refusing to even give the belt back at one point.

- Anyhow the rumor was Snowman took the belt to a bad section of Memphis and pawned the belt for crack. Lawler got a call to come and get the belt so he had to pay to get the belt back. This was kinda , a stretch as Snowman did warn the USWA and Lawler that he'd go pawn it if need be in one conversation. After 6 no shows (and Lawler due to get the belt back as normal storyline) , Snowman on TV was stripped of the belt and the cocaine story of them pawning the title became the hot thing. But it doesn't seem real and that Snowman just warned them he'd do that.

- Cornette brings up that Bill Watts is the 1st guy to really push Snowman in Mid-South and only did it for the simple reason when he lost Junkyard Dog.....he was black. Cornette is being honest and says Watts wanted to recreate the JYD situation . And he couldn't do it with Butch Reed since he had been a heel for 3+ years so he basically saw Snowman and thought he could recreate the JYD. But it failed because JYD was a special person at a special time , and fans were captured by his charm.

And as Cornette brings up Snowman was absolute shit. He didn't have the ring talent and he also didn't have the promo talent (promos of Snowman as shown above are pretty terrible...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

so you're happy with the state of things then??

this is true, i mean there have been years where the title match has main evented but i think it's best to have the match the show is named after as the main event.

the downside imo is the rumble match itself hasn't been good for a while now.
    Truthfully the Batte Royals are almost never good matches from a wrestling stand point (though Lucha Underground does a pretty descent job of pulling it off if that counts as a battle royal). The Rumble in particular is a case where the drama and storytelling have to carry the match, as battle royals tend to me just lots of punching and kicking except at the very beginning and the very end.

That said, I gotta admit I always look foreward to the Rumble.

so you're happy with the state of things then??
    not so much happy as i am......placated.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

When he does exist we get great matches and feuds out of it. He's giving me what I want from a world champion and he doesn't have to be on the show every week to accomplish it. If the Raw booking team can't do shit when Lesnar isn't around that isn't on him.

When he does exist we get great matches and feuds out of it. He's giving me what I want from a world champion and he doesn't have to be on the show every week to accomplish it. If the Raw booking team can't do shit when Lesnar isn't around that isn't on him.
    meh. i still take jinder over current brock. and this coming from a brock mark.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Truthfully the Batte Royals are almost never good matches from a wrestling stand point (though Lucha Underground does a pretty descent job of pulling it off if that counts as a battle royal). The Rumble in particular is a case where the drama and storytelling have to carry the match, as battle royals tend to me just lots of punching and kicking except at the very beginning and the very end.

That said, I gotta admit I always look foreward to the Rumble.
    i figured that kind of goes w/o saying, but since you said it what does make a rumble/battle royal good is moments, storylines progressed or born within the match, and some innovative or surprise eliminations.

that said the rumble match itself hasn't been good for a while.

not so much happy as i am......placated.
    one situation being shitty doesn't make the other any less so for me personally.

true, it's on them for putting the title on somebody who's not going to be around to do anything with it. they really haven't used bork to get anybody over since he's been back.