Thread: Wrestling WWE

So Beth and Naomi got left out of the fun last night. Every other married to another wrestle participate had some short of chant about their husband.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The funniest part of that was where Lesnar threw the gimmick table onto Strowman and the announce crew acted like it was as heavy as the tron Strowman yanked down , "Oh my god he's moved the table !" I so wanted them to act like every small thing Strowman moved was a feat of god strength after it. "Oh sweet lord , he just picked up that steel chair !!"
    I honestly don't know why they make that a big deal. I think Strowman did that to Lesnar at SummerSlam and it's kind of like "Really?" A folded table seems heavier than the announcer's table.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    -The Men and Women's Rumbles were both good (the latter exceeded my expectations actually, and quite a few of those returning legends look like they haven't lost a step). Also two Asian winners, wow that's a first for WWE.

-Nakamura vs. AJ at Mania, YES PLEASE!!!!

-The UT match was boring, and incredibly predictable. Literally no surprises there.

-I've got no problem with Ronda being there, but they did kind of step on Asuka's moment a bit. Also a full-time contract, that's a bit surprising.
    I honestly thought Rhonda was going to point at Asuka after she pointed at the Wrestlemania sign but when she didn't I thought that took Asuka's moment away too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I really enjoyed the rumbles last night. I was rooting for Finn to win the men's side, but I'm absolutely okay with Nakamura/Styles at Mania. And the right woman won the women's side. It was nice to see a lot of the old divas from the past get to take part.

Kind of wished they had brought Ronda out tonight (or tomorrow if she's on smackdown) instead of last night, as her showing up kind of stepped on Asuka's moment.
    It would've been great to see Finn Balor win but going from #2 to the Final Four is a great achievement for his 1st Royal Rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Apparently that was a botch on the second fall.
    What was a botch? The pin?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    That too. But I blame Brock because it's known he doesn't really care about putting on creative or interesting matches. This is just a paycheck to him nothing more.
    Even if Lesnar did provide any creativity into the match, it wouldn't have been saved. It went from a Triple Threat to a "Let's see what item we can use next" match. I still don't know why they didn't clear the broken tables from the ring. Strowman was setting everything up. (Was it Cole who mentioned that Strowman threw himself into the table?) Kane was there to take the pinfall. Lesnar was there to make the pin.

The entire program was just an all around mess for me. Nobody looked good in that.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 01-29-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I honestly don't know why they make that a big deal. I think Strowman did that to Lesnar at SummerSlam and it's kind of like "Really?" A folded table seems heavier than the announcer's table.
    Well that is part of the company's push to make Strowman even more big in front of fans. But its turning some off. A number of folks in a FB wrestling group I'm part of are tired of "This week Strowman's so powerful he can...." act. Its getting tiring and really a good wrestler needs more than just what Braun has showed me. Because I watched and I really don't see a big deal there.

Maybe there is more to him but his work has seemingly been to act like he's god emperor strong and do a drop kick. I mean Big Show does drop kicks and hell even did a moonsault once. But he never was a superstar to carry an entire company like a Cena , Rock , Austin etc. And well I don't see that in Braun Strowman , no matter how insanely they book him to move an entire bus lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Well that is part of the company's push to make Strowman even more big in front of fans. But its turning some off. A number of folks in a FB wrestling group I'm part of are tired of "This week Strowman's so powerful he can...." act. Its getting tiring and really a good wrestler needs more than just what Braun has showed me. Because I watched and I really don't see a big deal there.

Maybe there is more to him but his work has seemingly been to act like he's god emperor strong and do a drop kick. I mean Big Show does drop kicks and hell even did a moonsault once. But he never was a superstar to carry an entire company like a Cena , Rock , Austin etc. And well I don't see that in Braun Strowman , no matter how insanely they book him to move an entire bus lol.
    Honestly I doubt Braun is the guy who can or will carry a the company. But he's the monster that the company can build up to eventually be slain by the guy that carries the company.

He's a big impressive looking guy who can actually have a descent match when he's not in there with someone who sucks. And that's something WWE has had trouble finding in the last decade or so. Big men with actual presence who don't flat out suck. Braun isn't and likely will never be THE guy (that's likely Roman), but he can still be a big star, no pun intended.

Astonishing Member

The best demonstration of Strowman's destruction was against Reigns when he did the "I'm not finished with you!" and when he destroyed Lesnar at SummerSlam. Everything else has been a little overkill for me. Like yeah, I get it, he's powerful...but when he can't win the Universal Championship, it all means nothing to me. I really don't know what the point of him flipping over the truck was the other week. It seemed childish rather than vindictive. Strowman seems like a really nice guy too but they need to write him better. They're trying to keep him relative but they're doing nothing favorable for him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I doubt Braun is the guy who can or will carry a the company. But he's the monster that the company can build up to eventually be slain by the guy that carries the company.

He's a big impressive looking guy who can actually have a descent match when he's not in there with someone who sucks. And that's something WWE has had trouble finding in the last decade or so. Big men with actual presence who don't flat out suck. Braun isn't and likely will never be THE guy (that's likely Roman), but he can still be a big star, no pun intended.
    Strowman was a big star and ridiculously over with the crowds until he was fed to Lesnar back in September. They built him up only to hit a glass ceiling that's going to remain until Wrestlemania and after with Reigns as the new champion. Strowman went from Universal Championship material to eventually settling for a midcard championship. That's been the case for the past year on Raw with so many WWE Superstars.

What was a botch? The pin?
    No idea but somebody was supposed to break it up via a top rope something rather. Did somebody slip?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Lita slowed down a pace or two, but all of the returning women were still damn good in the ring. I think Torrie might have been better.

Strowman was a big star and ridiculously over with the crowds until he was fed to Lesnar back in September. They built him up only to hit a glass ceiling that's going to remain until Wrestlemania and after with Reigns as the new champion. Strowman went from Universal Championship material to eventually settling for a midcard championship. That's been the case for the past year on Raw with so many WWE Superstars.
    There is a glass ceiling that Braun likely won't be able to get past. He's a big star, but he likely won't be the level of star that a Brock or a Cena or an Undertaker were. Braun is sort of like Big Show or Kane... he'll domonate most people but will fall short against the VERY top tier of the industry. He's a guy that's built up for the specific purpose of being slain by the VERY top guys.

And quite frankly I don't think he's good enough to be more than that. Maybe he'll prove me wrong down the line, but maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    No idea but somebody was supposed to break it up via a top rope something rather. Did somebody slip?
    Gable was on the top rope setting up for the finisher but it looked like a clean pin from both Uso and Benjamin along with the referee.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There is a glass ceiling that Braun likely won't be able to get past. He's a big star, but he likely won't be the level of star that a Brock or a Cena or an Undertaker were. Braun is sort of like Big Show or Kane... he'll domonate most people but will fall short against the VERY top tier of the industry. He's a guy that's built up for the specific purpose of being slain by the VERY top guys.

And quite frankly I don't think he's good enough to be more than that. Maybe he'll prove me wrong down the line, but maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.
    The glass ceiling I'm referring to is the Universal Championship. Wanting Lesnar to hold the championship for a year to put over Reigns has created a glass ceiling for any WWE Superstar that has been deserving of that title on Raw such as Strowman, Joe, Balor, Rollins, The Miz, and arguably even Bray Wyatt.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 01-29-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Vickie! And she Heath Slater'd Carmella!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Lita slowed down a pace or two, but all of the returning women were still damn good in the ring. I think Torrie might have been better.
    kelly kelly still can't run the ropes.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Been waiting for this episode to see how they handle things on being the elite. So does the WWE let the women unload on Rousey? If she is a face someone a heel has to hit her with a line about her quitting UFC after two loses.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Been waiting for this episode to see how they handle things on being the elite. So does the WWE let the women unload on Rousey? If she is a face someone a heel has to hit her with a line about her quitting UFC after two loses.
    It'll probably be Alexa Bliss. She throws the most shade. If Rhonda comes close to her, they can have Nia step in to protect Bliss.