Thread: Wrestling WWE

Astonishing Member

http://network.wwe.com/video/v187480...wwe_ride_along
    WWE Ride Along
    Ballad of Elias and Balor Club
    February 12, 2018
    Get ready to 'Ride with Elias' in the first ever Unplugged Storytellers Experience. Plus, The Balor Club Reunion Tour kicks off with a bang!

i REALLY LIKED the elias part it felt very autobiographacal
    Last edited by steve2275; 02-14-2018 at 04:15 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Bishcoff led an epic turnaround

when he took over as EP, WCW was worth barely $40 million and losing over a million a year

when he was "sent home" in 1998, WCW was worth over $150 million and making $50 million a year

I thought them showing his WWF audition tape was amazing, Id never seen that before

I always appreciated how hard Bischoff worked, running things on top of being an on air character
    Bischoff was actually forced out in late 1999. It was during this period they gloss over some bad moves he made. Like where he held a meeting and told everyone that if they didn't like how he was running things , then the lawyer present would give them their release. Raven and another ex-WCW guy discussed on his podcast that the guy present with Bischoff who posed as the lawyer was in fact someone who worked for WCW.Com comically. Bischoff thought having the guy present would make guys not request their release.

Also Raven had did an interview and claims he didn't expect it to get back but realized it did as Bischoff called him out , Scott Levy ...if you have an issue you can get your release. Raven was like , well can't let Bischoff punk me anyhow so ...he was like ok. I want my release. Bischoff told him he'd get it later , which Levy joked he should have realized that the guy wasn't a lawyer if he couldn't do it right there.

Anyhow Raven discussed that he didn't hate Bischoff and actually complimented on what he built. That the layers of workers in divisions worked. He just wanted to do more and was getting shot down with whatever he proposed. He really wanted to work a Piper program and while everyone seemed interested in it , Bischoff dismissed it because someone not involved in that didn't like it lol. But he met Bischoff later in the bar and Eric was like , I had this brilliant idea with you and the Kiss Demon.

Raven was like damn this sounds interesting. He joked he would have to call Paul E. and tell him , hey I change my mind and Bischoff is doing this for me. But once Bischoff ran down how Raven would be a lackey for Dustin Rhodes as Seven and how he'd not face the Kiss Demon really ....he was like....ehhh I'll take my release.

The Raven situation after it led to Mysterio , Konan , and a few others starting to request releases. That and Bischoff's big expense on KISS on a wrestling PPV led to his exit. (He paid Kiss half a million dollars its claimed to do a PPV and Kiss Demon , they sacked the PPV concert deal after fans **** on Kiss during the Nitros)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

up next for me
    as long as raw stars arent showing up on raw than its fine the only person i see overreacting is JD himself
    Last edited by steve2275; 02-14-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I want o continue my explanation of cornette being a self serving storyteller and a bullshitter.

Lets look at this

And he once again isn't being totally honest. He says he did this in many cases to help peoples careers but that's not true and is an attempt to rewrite what he actually did. He tried to get people positions as jobbers and outright said to them that was what they would be in WWE and that they wouldn't get victories or be big stars. This is known because he tried to get Chris Jericho to be part of this, but Chris wasn't interested in being a jobber. And that's another thing, Cornette loves to mention how he helped give Jericho his first job in the US ( not fully true either, it was his first extended job in the US but Jerichgo worked one offs and brief runs in the US before, but Jericho also mentioned that he didn't like a lot of how Cornette booked him and Lance and in the end Cornette felt Jericho's best chance in wrestling was to be a jobber. Cornette isn't just recently out of touch, he's been out of touch for decades. In fact, I would say that for all his complaints about marks in the business, Corny is the biggest case of there being a mark in the business.

And of course there is the Santino incident where Corny gave a version of events that was directly contradicted by video evidence and eye witnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah Drew is the perfect example. He stands out--not just because of his gimmick/mic skills but because he's different from most of them in the ring as well. (But still really good at what he does)
    i never cared for drew(or ciampa) as a cruiser, i guess they need a good heel though.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We have to examine that TNA had the NWA titles used and the company was drastically different than it was by 2007 when Jeff went to the backstage area pretty much. They had AJ Styles , Jerry Lynn , Ken Shamrock , Raven and Ron Killens sure. But in AJ's case he wasn't ready yet for that huge push ahead. Sure TNA did try in 2003 to push Styles and make him NWA World Champion , but a lot of the push was considered a bit soon for AJ then. He hadn't developed the mic skills yet he'd have later.

Jerry Lynn was seen as carrying the X-Division as we remember. Anyhow they signed Raven and you can say he should have became NWA World Champion then. But they held off and didn't do that til 2005. Ron Killens became World Champion after Shamrock left to do UFC again. And that situation was one where Jarrett didn't want the title but was finally told by Russo for the S.E.X. angle he needed to be World Champion then.

But the entire way TNA's talent roster wasn't really what we saw by 2007. Once they brought in Kurt Angle , Christian , Scott Steiner , Booker T and Sting ...Jarrett seemed to drift to the backstage area. He never had a World Champion run since. His biggest program was with Kurt Angle in 2010/2011. But beyond that , the talent level was drastically different by the time Jeff went to backstage area.

Also remember the NWA had a big control on the titles and who would become champions. A fact that by 2007 TNA decided to create their own titles so they could move the belts without having to request NWA permission. So another reason Jarrett was champion from 2002-2006 , 6 times was the fact the NWA wanted him in that position. (Jarrett's last run was 2006 , so basically 4 years).
    who was the genius that thought they needed the NWA involved in the 1st place?? and what could've happened that didn't happen anyways if slapnuts wasn't on top??

anyways if you can't see slapnuts is a con man i got 2 words for you.....pyramid scheme

WWE Signs Mahabali Shera of Impact Wrestling to NXT
    http://lastwordonprowrestling.com/20...ahabali-shera/

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    WWE Signs Mahabali Shera of Impact Wrestling to NXT
    http://lastwordonprowrestling.com/20...ahabali-shera/
    another huge loss for impact........oh wait that guys sucks donkey balls. nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

who was the genius that thought they needed the NWA involved in the 1st place?? and what could've happened that didn't happen anyways if slapnuts wasn't on top??

anyways if you can't see slapnuts is a con man i got 2 words for you.....pyramid scheme
    Well they wanted an established "name" company before the TNA name. WWE owned WCW , ECW , AWA so they contacted the NWA about that. I'd say that Shamrock was considered the GUY and was gonna be the long term champion til he decided to go back to UFC.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member

another huge loss for impact........oh wait that guys sucks donkey balls. nevermind.
    I mean he "has the look". But wow, that's a shocking signing....

BANNED

Ive seen him once, as part of Storms faction a while back, never saw him wrestle tho

BANNED

expected that

after Enzo, the WWE is taking ZERO chances or giving anyone any slack

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well they wanted an established "name" company before the TNA name. WWE owned WCW , ECW , AWA so they contacted the NWA about that. I'd say that Shamrock was considered the GUY and was gonna be the long term champion til he decided to go back to UFC.
    Just because you're a name doesn't mean you're a draw. I'll wager the majority of people who know who Jarret is know he's probably not someone you want headlining your company.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Sort of feel bad for Swan if all that was a misunderstanding of whatever. But these days if you're the WWE in the present climate you probably Don't want to take any unnecessary chances with bad PR.

Maybe they can bring him back down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Just because you're a name doesn't mean you're a draw. I'll wager the majority of people who know who Jarret is know he's probably not someone you want headlining your company.
    Well it was a brand new company essentially starting and just using the NWA titles for the most part. To try and hook fans paying $9.99 a week for PPV's at the time they wanted the belt on someone with a "name" who they felt would be a steady performer. They likely saw Ken Shamrock who had been a mid/upper card face/heel in WWF at its hottest peak and thought , lets put the belt on him.

Which really wasn't a bad idea at the time because if its a company your paying to watch on a weekly PPV , you'd want the main guy to have some name value possibly.