Thread: Wrestling WWE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Ya never know. Warrior held up Vince at Summerslam back in the day, but he was rehired twice and put in the Hall of Fame.

Jarret can go either way. Does his contributions justify him going into the Hall of Fame? Probably. Is he an unprofessional deuche bag that deserves to be left out of the Hall of Fame? Probably. Vince can go either way, and I don't think he can be faulted.
    he said it better than I could

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well it was a brand new company essentially starting and just using the NWA titles for the most part. To try and hook fans paying $9.99 a week for PPV's at the time they wanted the belt on someone with a "name" who they felt would be a steady performer. They likely saw Ken Shamrock who had been a mid/upper card face/heel in WWF at its hottest peak and thought , lets put the belt on him.

Which really wasn't a bad idea at the time because if its a company your paying to watch on a weekly PPV , you'd want the main guy to have some name value possibly.
    by the time shamrock left they should've been able to figure out it didn't matter. all the buzz was about the no name young guys. if the PPVs weren't selling they weren't going to start selling because slapnuts was on top.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be fair Hall went to countless rehabs like Jake. They inducted both men pretty much after the DDP Yoga deal which saved their lives. In all , Jarrett just finished his 1st rehab stint back in December. A fact he came home December 22nd as Karen posted this image of him resting with her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc_e--Rh...6yzja3X78jXQ0/

Now I don't know if Jeff will stay straight , hopefully he does. But if others are going in for behavior like this then why not Jarrett ?

Do I believe Vince would allow him into the Hall of Fame ? Ehhh no...because Vince can hold a grudge and we know he will for years for guys. As much as I think Jarrett should go in , well...i can't see Vince McMahon allowing it.
    i'm not saying slapnuts shouldn't be in, because who cares?? but as far as why a scott hall or jake and not him i'd say because hall and jake are just remembered FAR more fondly then slapnuts. plus those guys can still move merch and if they could still wrestler people would want to see it. slapnuts, no.

Extraordinary Member

I Don't think the issue is necessarily Vince forgiving Jarret. From Bruno to Bret to Medusa to Warrior, we've seen one hatchet after another buried.

Again, I think the reason he shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame now is the same reason he's not in Impact right now. You don't reward a guy for being an unprofessional d bag.

Maybe down the line ... but IMO it shouldn't be now.
    That was HHH

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    That was HHH
    It's Vince too. If he doesn't want someone in the Hall of Fame, they aren't going to be in it. Triple H can certainly try and help mend fences but it's still Vinces call.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Swann will definitely find work

Enzo....ehhhhh not so much, he was a through and through "WWE Product", I dont know if his shtick would fly anywhere else
    Enzo can go to Impact and screw up their X-Division. He has a degree in journalism so he could find some work in creative.

If Enzo is proven innocent, he could make a come back to WWE. Don't forget he was a big draw for them like it or not. Ratings for Raw and 205 Live would go up whenever he showed up and his merch sales were pretty good. That is a big IF though because I am not sure if he is innocent and even if he is, he would need to tone down his attitude and antics.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-16-2018 at 08:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    If Enzo is proven innocent, he could make a come back to WWE. Don't forget he was a big draw for them like it or not. Ratings for Raw and 205 Live would go up whenever he showed up and his merch sales were pretty good. That is a big IF though because I am not sure if he is innocent and even if he is, he would need to tone down is attitude and antics.
    the quality of 205 Live has increased DRAMATICALLY since his departure

I dont see the WWE ever bringing him back, its not about innocent or guilty, it was about the fact he has been under investigation since OCTOBER and did not inform his employer

I dont see the WWE ever bringing him back, its not about innocent or guilty, it was about the fact he has been under investigation since OCTOBER and did not inform his employer
    True. I think WWE would ban him for life because they were blindsided by the news on the same day as Raw 25.

BANNED

True. I think WWE would ban him for life because they were blindsided by the news on the same day as Raw 25.
    oh god, that was high test gasoline on an already raging fire

rumor is management found out because press was calling headquarters looking for comment about the whole situation

oh god, that was high test gasoline on an already raging fire

rumor is management found out because press was calling headquarters looking for comment about the whole situation
    Yea he is probably going to be ban for life. I could only imagine the rage coming from Vince on that day........

Astonishing Member

Yea he is probably going to be ban for life. I could only imagine the rage coming from Vince on that day........
    If proven not guilty, I could see him coming back in a few years. Vince is all forgiving when he has all the control.

Astonishing Member

That improvement has more to do with Hunter getting more control then a lack of Enzo. The moment that the powers that be accept that there 205 division should have the services of

Gargano
    Ciampa
    Woods
    Dunne
    Bate
    Kofi
    Rush
    Alma's
    Gable
    Strong
    And so on, they will realize that they have a show that can tour profitably.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    by the time shamrock left they should've been able to figure out it didn't matter. all the buzz was about the no name young guys. if the PPVs weren't selling they weren't going to start selling because slapnuts was on top.
    Well reports were the best selling weekly PPV run was where Jarrett/Raven worked as a main event. Then once they pushed Styles as the leader of S.E.X , buyrate dropped. But its hard to find exact figures. But reports came out that run actually did very well for them for a number of weeks. Some asked why Raven wasn't made the leader of S.E.X and it seems TNA listed to folks who wanted to push AJ Styles then.

i'm not saying slapnuts shouldn't be in, because who cares?? but as far as why a scott hall or jake and not him i'd say because hall and jake are just remembered FAR more fondly then slapnuts. plus those guys can still move merch and if they could still wrestler people would want to see it. slapnuts, no.
    To be fair Hall would move NWO merch for sure. That is what he'd move. I guess Jake would move rubber snakes for kids or something like that if WWE booked him at shows and sold his merch. But again with Hall he pretty much fell into the NWO angle with Hogan and Nash. And even when Hall was destroying his own career and all , the NWO was a license to print money.

Interesting fact ...Scott Hall , Kevin Nash and Hulk Hogan all owned a piece of the NWO merch deal. Bischoff had signed it over to them at some point before the company went down. So all 3 at one point got a cut of profits from NWO shirts and more sold. But when Hall encountered problems he sold his piece to Nash & Hogan. In a comical story when Hogan was 1st suspended by the WWE , they took the merch off the stands and website. Nash freaked and flew to Stamford to talk to Vince and was able to get the merch back on.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    That improvement has more to do with Hunter getting more control then a lack of Enzo. The moment that the powers that be accept that there 205 division should have the services of

Gargano
    Ciampa
    Woods
    Dunne
    Bate
    Kofi
    Rush
    Alma's
    Gable
    Strong
    And so on, they will realize that they have a show that can tour profitably.
    There's no way in hell that Woods, Kofi, or Gable ever set foot on 205Live. I'd even argue that Almas won't either when he finally gets the call up.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Ya never know. Warrior held up Vince at Summerslam back in the day, but he was rehired twice and put in the Hall of Fame.

Jarret can go either way. Does his contributions justify him going into the Hall of Fame? Probably. Is he an unprofessional deuche bag that deserves to be left out of the Hall of Fame? Probably. Vince can go either way, and I don't think he can be faulted.

I'll always remember the story that Prichard and Cornette told about meeting Warrior . Well it was Jim Cornette's 1st real face to face talk with him. Anyhow as Cornette claims him , Prichard , Linda McMahon and Vince McMahon hopped a plane to Arizona to meet Warrior.

The whole meeting was as Jim described a clusterfuck as Warrior talked and talked ....and talked. And both him and Prichard had no idea what the meeting was about as Warrior discussed his whole new mantra he lived by.

"Jim , what do you think ?" - Vince

"Well , what the hell was he going on about ?" - Jim

"DESTRUCTIVITY , Jim !"

Both men said it was quite the meeting and both being from the south would never swear in front of Linda. They had too much respect , but Warrior was swearing and more.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.