Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Yes, getting used to how the WWE does things is important but they have gone decades with picking up talent fresh from other promotions, and the learning curve was not that long.

I feel like NXT is more about publicity. You get a super Indy that caters to hardcore fans, which allows for a transition to the main shows without putting over another promotion.

Seth Rollins is not an ROH guy, but instead he is a product of NXT.
    There are certainly a lot of advanages NXT brings as far as branding the talent before they enter the main roster. But I think that's the icing on the cake more than the actual cake. They wouldn't be spending the money they do on NXT if they didn't legitimately feel it was necessary for helping build the companys future.

But that comes at a price. A big one apparently. Still I'm sure Vince see's it as an investgment in the future. He'll get his money back with the Charlottes and the Roman Reigns of the future, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We have to remember at this point Jarrett had been the mid-card champion awhile and had Jim Ross worked a fair deal with him , Jeff would have dropped the belt with no issue. Jeff also claimed he was ready to hand the IC belt over that night and not drop it in ring. But they wanted him to drop it to Chyna in ring.
    i don't feel sorry for vince.

NXT isnt needed. It's a great product. It's probably my favorite WWE product, but that being said

Most of their signings don't need NXT training, and those that do could have been honed in the Indies.
    they need content for the network, money lost can just be looked at as what they'd pay for the content.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not just about what they can do in the ring though. Yeah, I'm sure a lot of talent already know how to wrestle in front of a crowd. But performing in front of cameras is a very different thing.

Even Samoa Joe, who wrestled all around the world including TNA, flat out said after going to the Performance Center that he didn't know anything until he went there. That's probably hyperbole to some degree, but I don't think I've ever heard a single negative thing about the Performance Center and it's role in preparing people for the main roster.
    even Balor (Devitt) said the same thing

no one had ever talked to him about camera angles, and marks, and where to stand

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i don't feel sorry for vince.
    I really don't either since as I posted he'd do the very tactics for years to guys and promoters. I mean his "how dare they" about how Bischoff did him was silly.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I really don't either since as I posted he'd do the very tactics for years to guys and promoters. I mean his "how dare they" about how Bischoff did him was silly.
    Really, guys like Jarret and Luger only potentially hurt themselves more than they hurt Vince when they go back on their word that way.

Jarret is a mid-carder that Vince doesn't need. Luger is a main eventer that no one really wanted. If Vince decides to honor their careers, it's fine because their in-ring accomplishments warrant it. If Vince decides they aren't worth it, no one will give a dam because they're both deuche bags that deserve whatever is coming to them. So again, it can go either way.

Astonishing Member

Really, guys like Jarret and Luger only potentially hurt themselves more than they hurt Vince when they go back on their word that way.

Jarret is a mid-carder that Vince doesn't need. Luger is a main eventer that no one really wanted. If Vince decides to honor their careers, it's fine because their in-ring accomplishments warrant it. If Vince decides they aren't worth it, no one will give a dam because they're both deuche bags that deserve whatever is coming to them. So again, it can go either way.
    I am really enjoying your commitment to calling Luger and Slap Nuts douchebags. I completely agree.

BANNED

whatever

when Vince bought the company the territories were on life support

Vince just pulled the plug

Here's the thing. Every other promotion, from the small-fry who travel from one state fairgrounds to the next, to RoH, to Impact, consider themselves a wrestling promotion first and a television operation second. Not WWE. Maybe they did at one one time, but in 2018, Vince, and Stephanie and HHH think of WWE as a network first, and a wrestling promotion second. That's a pretty big difference.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Here's the thing. Every other promotion, from the small-fry who travel from one state fairgrounds to the next, to RoH, to Impact, consider themselves a wrestling promotion first and a television operation second. Not WWE. Maybe they did at one one time, but in 2018, Vince, and Stephanie and HHH think of WWE as a network first, and a wrestling promotion second. That's a pretty big difference.
    its why Vince got the then WWF onto cable TV, back when people thought cable TV was a niche thing

I am really enjoying your commitment to calling Luger and Slap Nuts douchebags. I completely agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    whatever

when Vince bought the company the territories were on life support

Vince just pulled the plug
    Luger is more happy to be alive today than wondering if Vince McMahon will ever care . Jarrett I'm sure doesn't give a fuck either if he's inducted since beyond the sponsored rehab he hasn't had any dealings with the WWE since 1999. His dad has , but Jeff hasn't.

Honestly , Bruno gave zero fucks for years if he was inducted into the Hall of Fame. Its only when they approached him did he go , ok . And that wasn't Vince , that was HHH that did that one.

I'm sure Jarrett and Luger are like Shane Douglas who was asked to take part in the ECW Invasion in 2005 and 2006 and said ...nope , don't care. Don't wanna do it. There are guys not waiting by the phone folks begging for Vince to induct them. They have lives , they move on.

As far as the territories being on life support , that is a big leap to take. World Class had done huge business in the early 1980's with the Freebird/Von Eric angle. The AWA itself was doing solid business with Hogan as we remember. They even did decent in 1985 as they had lost folks (the Road Warriors helped then of course) . Crockett had done huge with Starrcade. Watts had Junkyard Dog.

Now did Vince hurt things ...for sure. He raided and took the top stars of all the territories. He pretty much raided Verne's company with the same tactics he'd cry about later and try to sue WCW for comically. Watts was hurt less by Vince and more of the area he was in hurt by a recession. Vince hurt Georgia's time slot by buying the company and time slot. Crockett bought it but with Vince's push to go national , he in turn went (and shouldn't have).

So in a lot of instances...yes Vince did hurt the territories. Raiding its top stars , buying its time slots , etc. That played a big role in it. So again , claiming they were on life support ...a big leap before Vince's involvement began. You could say Crockett hurt himself trying to make Vince and Watts lost his company due to the areas downturn .
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 02-18-2018 at 12:24 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So as I told Lbo , I don't feel sorry at all for Vince when Bischoff did the same things to him when he ran WCW. How he'd have guys jump and more for more money etc. Vince began that game , Bischoff showed him what it felt like in a new era.

Luger is more happy to be alive today than wondering if Vince McMahon will ever care . Jarrett I'm sure doesn't give a fuck either if he's inducted since beyond the sponsored rehab he hasn't had any dealings with the WWE since 1999. His dad has , but Jeff hasn't.

Honestly , Bruno gave zero fucks for years if he was inducted into the Hall of Fame. Its only when they approached him did he go , ok . And that wasn't Vince , that was HHH that did that one.

I'm sure Jarrett and Luger are like Shane Douglas who was asked to take part in the ECW Invasion in 2005 and 2006 and said ...nope , don't care. Don't wanna do it. There are guys not waiting by the phone folks begging for Vince to induct them. They have lives , they move on.

As far as the territories being on life support , that is a big leap to take. World Class had done huge business in the early 1980's with the Freebird/Von Eric angle. The AWA itself was doing solid business with Hogan as we remember. They even did decent in 1985 as they had lost folks (the Road Warriors helped then of course) . Crockett had done huge with Starrcade. Watts had Junkyard Dog.

Now did Vince hurt things ...for sure. He raided and took the top stars of all the territories. He pretty much raided Verne's company with the same tactics he'd cry about later and try to sue WCW for comically. Watts was hurt less by Vince and more of the area he was in hurt by a recession. Vince hurt Georgia's time slot by buying the company and time slot. Crockett bought it but with Vince's push to go national , he in turn went (and shouldn't have).

So in a lot of instances...yes Vince did hurt the territories. Raiding its top stars , buying its time slots , etc. That played a big role in it. So again , claiming they were on life support ...a big leap before Vince's involvement began. You could say Crockett hurt himself trying to make Vince and Watts lost his company due to the areas downturn .
    If Jarret getting on with his life means we don't have to deal with any more of his unprofessional behavior, then good. We're all better off. It's a win win for everyone. We don't need him showing up at the hall of fame throwing tortillas into the crowd.

As far as Vince raiding talent... honestly I never saw the problem there. This is a business. He needed talent and air time, so he bought it. If people ultimately would rather work for Vince and stations would rather air Vinces product, then he should come out on top. That's how it's supposed to work.

And the simple truth is if Vince didn't do it, someone else probably would have. Vince wasn't the ONLY one that wanted to go national... he was simply the only one good enough to pull it off.
    Last edited by XPac; 02-18-2018 at 01:24 PM.

So as I told Lbo , I don't feel sorry at all for Vince when Bischoff did the same things to him when he ran WCW. How he'd have guys jump and more for more money etc. Vince began that game , Bischoff showed him what it felt like in a new era.
    Course, we really shouldn't feel sorry for Vince since Biscoffs ridiculously high end guaranteed contrants ended up putting WCW in a whole they were never able to get out off. It's funny how even after WCW folded, plenty of WCW wrestlers were still being paid millions. And you wonder why Time Warner wanted to get rid of WCW.

So yeah... no one should feel sorry for Vince because unlike Biscoff he actually knew what he was doing. Which is why in the end he won.

BANNED

id like if Bischoff wrote another book

If Jarret getting on with his life means we don't have to deal with any more of his unprofessional behavior, then good. We're all better off. It's a win win for everyone.
    Honestly if it means retiring maybe Jeff should do it. He's in his 50's now. He has kids and all. He doesn't need to keep going unless he feels he enjoys the business. He also needs to get back in better shape if he chooses to do it. Because he looked pretty bad beyond the alcohol.

As far as Vince raiding talent... honestly I never saw the problem there. This is a business. He needed talent and air time, so he bought it. If people ultimately would rather work for Vince and stations would rather air Vinces product, then he should come out on top. That's how it's supposed to work.

And the simple truth is if Vince didn't do it, someone else probably would have. Vince wasn't the ONLY one that wanted to go national... he was simply the only one good enough to pull it off.
    Which I agree with , Vince was smart enough to do it. As Heenan told Verne , "Look its like if you run a gas station , someone can open one on your block."

My only issue was , Vince literally sued WCW over the same things he himself did. When he filed suit against WCW for trying to put him under as he claimed in 1996. Hell he tried to stop the AOL merger (which I'm sure guys wish he had looking back) but USA Network told him to stop that crazy shit because Time Warner controlled a lot of cable market and they were scared that they'd suffer the wraith.

In all I agree in any business you should be able to compete and Vince did that. Its when things were on the other foot that Vince reacted like how unfair things was. A fact Bischoff brought up , I'm just doing more or less what he did to Verne years earlier. Whats the problem here ? lol