Thread: Wrestling WWE

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    id like if Bischoff wrote another book
    Easy E is very entertaining.

The only problem I really had with Bischoff is revealing the ending to Raw. That's bush league.

Raiding talent help those guys put food on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

The only problem I really had with Bischoff is revealing the ending to Raw. That's bush league.

'Talent raiding" (a term I always thought was a bit over the top) is ultimately good for the business... or at least for the bigger promotions. Ultimately it helps keep pay up for the talent. But also having wrestlers jump back and forth from promotion to promotion helps deep the product fresh. Vince losing guys forced him to create new stars and push new people. It may have sucked short term for the people on the receiving end, but in the long run it's usually a win win for everyone so long as the promotion on the receiving end has the talent and creativity to bounce back. Which the WWE could always do.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

I had no problems with Bischoff giving the results to RAW. Years earlier Vince would schedule a PPV around when Crockett ran a big show to hurt him. He was paid back in a karma way so well by Bischoff. Either change or get left behind....Vince had to change.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

I never had a problem with it either, Bischoff wanted to win, he did what he needed to do

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I had no problems with Bischoff giving the results to RAW. Years earlier Vince would schedule a PPV around when Crockett ran a big show to hurt him. He was paid back in a karma way so well by Bischoff. Either change or get left behind....Vince had to change.
    I loved it, just because it ended up backfiring when people switched channels to watch Foley become WWE champion.

So it all worked out in the end.

I never had a problem with it either, Bischoff wanted to win, he did what he needed to do
    Yeah, I respect Biscoff in that regard. He had ambition and guts, and he was willing to take chances.

He was clearly in over his head and lacked any real long term vision, which is why he ultimately failed. But the fact that he was willing to step up as brazenly as he was is still pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I loved it, just because it ended up backfiring when people switched channels to watch Foley become WWE champion.

So it all worked out in the end.
    Shiavone didn't want to do that and he took blame when it 1st happened. It was revealed Bischoff had wanted to do something that had worked previously for a year or more til Vince went live.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

BANNED

looks like Jarrett is going into the HOF

wonder how that got done?

looks like Jarrett is going into the HOF

wonder how that got done?
    I don't agree with the timing, as I still think a HOF induction is essentially rewarding him for unprofessional behavior.

But that aside, he has done enough to earn a HOF induction. His in-ring accomplishments plus him founding TnA more than justify it.

Still, I think this proves once and for all that Vince doesn't hold a grudge. Bruno, Hogan, Medusa, Bret, Savage, Warrior, etc etc ...

BANNED

apparently he just finished rehab, provided by the WWE

apparently he just finished rehab, provided by the WWE
    I posted the link a page or two back , he got out December 22nd. Its a nice image of Jarrett who seems happy and content in that image resting. And lets get off the whole "well they are rewarding him for being unprofessional..." deal. They inducted Jake after he got clean in DDP Yoga and that guy went years being unprofessional on a grander scale that Jarrett. (If anyone forgets Heroes of Wrestling disaster , the doing coke on Beyond the Mat etc)

I am thinking perhaps Anthem and WWE have worked a deal for allowing the company to use the tape library. Reports weeks ago was that the company had worked a deal with the WWE to let them use the footage for a Matt Hardy DVD it appears. So I am thinking the WWE may have asked , if we work a deal can have have footage from 2002-2013 for WWE Network. (Which the WWE would pay Anthem a fee but gets them content plus use on home videos for Jarrett , Angle , Styles , Joe , Roode and others)

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I posted the link a page or two back , he got out December 22nd. Its a nice image of Jarrett who seems happy and content in that image resting. And lets get off the whole "well they are rewarding him for being unprofessional..." deal. They inducted Jake after he got clean in DDP Yoga and that guy went years being unprofessional on a grander scale that Jarrett. (If anyone forgets Heroes of Wrestling disaster , the doing coke on Beyond the Mat etc)

I am thinking perhaps Anthem and WWE have worked a deal for allowing the company to use the tape library. Reports weeks ago was that the company had worked a deal with the WWE to let them use the footage for a Matt Hardy DVD it appears. So I am thinking the WWE may have asked , if we work a deal can have have footage from 2002-2013 for WWE Network. (Which the WWE would pay Anthem a fee but gets them content plus use on home videos for Jarrett , Angle , Styles , Joe , Roode and others)
    If WWE had decided to induct Jake a year or so after he did Beyond the Matt or the Heroes of Wrestling show, I probably wouldn't have agreed with that either. I think it takes time to prove that a wrestler is actually clean. Maybe Jarret is and maybe he isn't... but I'd give it another year to be sure. It's not like there's a massive swell of public opinion demanding that Jarret be inducted. Hell, I'm not even sure Jarret is actuall retired from wrestlilng anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If WWE had decided to induct Jake a year or so after he did Beyond the Matt or the Heroes of Wrestling show, I probably wouldn't have agreed with that either. I think it takes time to prove that a wrestler is actually clean. Maybe Jarret is and maybe he isn't... but I'd give it another year to be sure. It's not like there's a massive swell of public opinion demanding that Jarret be inducted. Hell, I'm not even sure Jarret is actuall retired from wrestlilng anyways.
    Well in Jake's case he had failed numerous rehabs as did Hall. Also this is Jeff's 1st real battle with anything as its alcohol. He was having issues there.

I am possibly thinking that perhaps given how Jarrett is able to scout talent and really a lot of the WWE roster is ex-TNA guys he helped give a spot light to ...perhaps there is more to this than a simple induction. They maybe having Jarrett come work behind the scenes at NXT and help develop guys. We won't know but the induction comes off the reports the WWE has a deal to use Impact footage of Matt so ...perhaps they have that in hand.

I do kinda hope Jeff yells , "You can all ...choke on that Slapnuts."

I do hope they do have the Anthem footage because I enjoyed the whole Planet Jarrett run where him , AMW and others had the funeral for the Dudleyz.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

smh at Jarrett's induction.

In a shoot interview Kevin Sullivan discussed the terrible 1996 "Doomsday Cage Match" at Uncensored for WCW. He also discussed how he had to try and placate to Hulk Hogan for that.

- Sullivan claims originally the match was supposed to be a tag team match with Hogan/Savage vs Giant/Sullivan inside a steel cage and Sullivan was gonna take the loss. The Dungeon would blame the Giant and he'd turn face by warding everyone off from Hogan & Savage. Because he wanted Giant to be protected from a loss that soon and get him on that same level. But as the planning stages went in , Hogan would go , "I'm not sure about this brother.."

- So Sullivan claims Hogan would present an idea , he'd go with it . Even as silly as it sounds at adding a level to the cage and eventually the plans came to the 2 men beating 9 guys inside the cage. Sullivan knew it would come across as kinda terrible but in his mind he was like , if we can just get through it and try to make it work...I think I'm reaching Hogan.

- As he explained Hogan never really felt Sullivan was someone he could trust since he was more known as a heel booker. The 2 men had never worked together and Hogan didn't know if he could trust him or not. But this seemed to show him that Sullivan was looking out for his best interests when it came to booking. Plus Hulk had creative control so this is how things went.

As weeks passed Sullivan claims that once the NWO came into the picture Hall & Nash would tell Hogan , he's a good guy and we should listen to him. Again the experience booking heels was there and helped with NWO. Where as it would take him a month to get Hogan to understand his point on something , now with Hall & Nash it was 10 minutes because he seemed to accept them backing Sullivan.