Thread: Wrestling WWE

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

also, hearing some stuff that cena plans to challenge nak for his title shot at fastlane.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    also, hearing some stuff that cena plans to challenge nak for his title shot at fastlane.
    Yes, because we can't have anything good anymore.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

That's cool. Gives Nakamura something to do. And they had a pretty good match on Smackdown, minus the botched reverse exploder.

Course, I have trouble imaging why Nak would actually accept the challenge, unless maybe it's similar to Nia and Asuka where if Cena wins it becomea triple threat. I doubt Cena wins either way though.

So I was given the go ahead to share some more cornette and russo stories. anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's cool. Gives Nakamura something to do. And they had a pretty good match on Smackdown, minus the botched reverse exploder.

Course, I have trouble imaging why Nak would actually accept the challenge, unless maybe it's similar to Nia and Asuka where if Cena wins it becomea triple threat. I doubt Cena wins either way though.
    If he does it could add to the build and make it feel bigger. Both Styles and Nakamura can carry it in the ring, but Nakamura can't quite cut those long winded promos that are almost expected here. Adding Cena could also allow for the feud to continue, as if Styles retains they can have a one on one at the next PPV with him and Nak.

Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU6szXvzArA
    Ricochet NXT Debut in WWE Toronto
    part of it
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I have a feeling that Suzuki can drink anyone or anything under the table
    i wonder how he woulda fared against andre?
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Moving on from a terrible Wrestlemania beyond Styles/Nakamura.......

Not many remember the Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer. But he was as Jim Cornette claimed , a certified psychopath. And he wasn't joking either , the guy was legit *******. As I posted months ago Sawyer once ripped off Undertaker and didn't train him as he was supposed to. A fact when Undertaker ran into him later in WCW , Sawyer ran like hell from him.

- Anyhow Jim details that Dusty wanted to build a Midnight/Rock n Roll Express program and make the match big. So on Crockett's TV , the Rock N Roll Express was being booked strong. Meanwhile he had the Midnight's move to Atlanta where Buzz Sawyer , Brett Sawyer (his brother) , and Dick Slater were. Dusty's main goal was to make them undefeated as well. So on that TV they were booked and did the circle from WV to Michigan.

The whole way the folks in Atlanta were told by Dusty that the Midnight's weren't even supposed to lose battle royal's alone ! They were working against the guys above and Buzz Sawyer was a psycho. During one deal Eaton questioned if they were supposed to work Slater and Sawyer in a 20 minute broadway style match and asked Jim to check with the office. Cornette claims he didn't realize this would stooge them off and the office got after Slater and Sawyer.

- Slater had a reputation as a tough guy (a fact Flair has backed up) Cornette was scared when he asked to speak to him in the shower. Condrey and Eaton told him they were outside if anything happened. But Slater was real nice about it and claimed they didn't know they weren't as Cornette claims he knew Slater was fibbing. That Dick knew he was leaving the territory soon anyhow with Sawyer since Atlanta likely wasn't gonna keep them around long after this. So they didn't wanna look too weak. Things seemed ok and a week passed....

- So in the Cow Barn in some arena outside Atlanta , the Midnight's worked against Buzz & Brett Saywer. Now a rule Dusty had for everyone was ...no one touch Cornette. That was supposed to be for later and the heat involved there. So no one was allowed to touch him. Plus as he claims he wasn't doing much heel interference anyhow. So during the match Buzz would gesture for them to distract the referee and Jim do the choking him across the bottom rope spot. They did this once or twice. then he gestured for Cornette again and this time delivered a open hand type slap hit to his nose , busting his nose !

Eaton and Condrey were PISSED and Jim claims it knocked him wobbly since he was stunned. Eaton swore at Sawyer and Condrey sit down on him and Jim took his tennis racket and started taking it and really started serving on Sawyer's face as payback. With the wire ridge end smashing him in the face as hard as he could with hits. But as Jim claims Sawyer had a spot where he'd act like someone tossed him and he'd do a wild face smash into the steel ring post and actually smash his head into it , so he doesn't know how much effect this had.

- Sawyer was hot as he tried to climb out as Condrey held him down and they pinned Brett to end this . They took off to the back to get dressed. Anyhow in the dressing room in this weird mobile home type dressing room they heard Buzz Sawyer coming. Anyhow there was 4 of them and Dennis Condrey also carried a 44 hand gun in his bag . Buzz came in boots half on , swearing about what happened. Dennis had his hand inside the bag just in case as Jim decided to tell him , what the hell was the slap for earlier ? Sawyer swore and stormed off like a crazy man half dressed. He'd quit the territory 2 days later.

- Cornette claims not to speak ill of the dead , but he never liked Buzz Sawyer since he was a drugged up lunatic , someone who when he was on top working against Tommy Rich would not bring anything to work in and take the boys ring gear and not return it. That he'd be out partying and all to not care.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

i haven't heard anything. they advertised it as roman and lesner going face to face. it wasn't until the last break that it was just roman that was showing up.
    So PWInsider notes that...

- Lesnar was in Las Vegas on Sunday but did not go to the arena.
    - Lesnar was scheduled to be at Raw last night and was meant to have a "lengthy" back and forth promo with Reigns.

Along with 2 theories...

- Lesnar may have skipped Raw as a "hardline way" of negotiating his contract that is set to expire after Wrestlemania 34
    - Lesnar may have been written off due to WWE being upset about his photo with Dana White

WWE might be concerning of the Steroid/PED allegations of Roman Reigns if they're legit
    http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/02/...ia-main-event/

So Strowman was originally gonna be Miz's Opponent at WM 34 but they nixed it since RAW is booking Rollins or Balor as potential opponents, Strowman's plan is unclear for now.
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/from...t-wrestlemania

Simone Biles' boyfriend Stacey Ervin Jr. is in the WWE training to be on NXT. I guess he's a pretty good spot monkey with some technical groundwork. Some people said he's like Neville with more charisma. He was a gymnastics champion and on American Ninja warrior, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    So PWInsider notes that...

- Lesnar was in Las Vegas on Sunday but did not go to the arena.
    - Lesnar was scheduled to be at Raw last night and was meant to have a "lengthy" back and forth promo with Reigns.

Along with 2 theories...

- Lesnar may have skipped Raw as a "hardline way" of negotiating his contract that is set to expire after Wrestlemania 34
    - Lesnar may have been written off due to WWE being upset about his photo with Dana White
    Whatever the reason, I think the angle actually works better with Roman knocking Lesnar for not being there and for just showing up for a pay check. It puts a bit more heel heat on Brock, and gives people more reason to get behind Roman getting the belt off of him. Plus that might have been Romans best promo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Whatever the reason, I think the angle actually works better with Roman knocking Lesnar for not being there and for just showing up for a pay check. It puts a bit more heel heat on Brock, and gives people more reason to get behind Roman getting the belt off of him. Plus that might have been Romans best promo.
    It certainly worked out for the best and Reigns' promo got this rivalry on the ground running. I just hope we don't get a Tug of War Part II.

According to multiple sources John Cena was pushing Seth Rollins to be Brock Lesnar's opponent at Mania, but the creative shot it down because Rollins wasn't believable to beat Lesnar. According to sources Cena had been pitching the idea since January. It is being reported that even 5 minutes before the match Cena asked creative to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    According to multiple sources John Cena was pushing Seth Rollins to be Brock Lesnar's opponent at Mania, but the creative shot it down because Rollins wasn't believable to beat Lesnar. According to sources Cena had been pitching the idea since January. It is being reported that even 5 minutes before the match Cena asked creative to reconsider.
    I would have preferred it, but they will keep going to Reigns as he has the "look" Vince wants. I cannot wait to see what happens after Vince kicks the bucket and HHH/Stephanie take over hopefully they do not get super caught up on the look and pay attention to what the fans actually want to see in the ring these days.