Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So I saw the baseball bat spot with Sami Callihan and Eddie Edwards. Damn that was a very hard botch to watch. Its clear Sami was trying to hit the chair and when it moved the ball bat smashed Eddie's eye socket. Eddie seems to have accepted its an accident and seemingly is allowing Anthem and Sami to use it. (Sami cut a promo on TMZ)
    they might as well try and make something positive from the whole thing. sami should've taken his time and been more careful but eddie knows it was an accident. they say sami was a mess backstage after it happened and went to see eddie in the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Progress and ICW are the "UK Division"

also not confirmed, but reports around that Sage Beckett and Abbey Laith (Kimber Lee) have been released
    that would be too bad. i follow abbey on IG and she seems to really love what she's doing over there.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wonder if that spot wouldn't have worked better if they used a regular steel chair, like the ones normally used in wrestling. That plastic chair had to just sort of balance on Edwards body because all 4 legs couldn't touch the floor. I'm thinking if the chair wasn't basically ready to fall off on it's own, it might have protected him a bit better.
    can't imagine it working any worse.

That said I'm not even sure what the point was of having a chair in that spot. It probably would have been safer and more effective to just safely hit Edwards with the bat (probably in the gut or whatever).
    makes a loud noise and looks better when the guy can really give a good swing(since it's going to hit the chair not the person. the best bet would've probably been to just lay the chair flat on top of him.

Imma try and watch Impact tonight for the first time in forever
    it's usually a decent tv show, just doesn't build to PPV.

Ratings aside, I think this is a good message on why they shouldn't go the CZW route. A guy got hurt. Ratings are nice, but guys can't earn you money sitting in a hospital bed.

I'll bet Jim Cornette is somewhere in the internet having a field day over this.
    of course but at this point you just kind of ignore corny. again i was really surprised by shane douglas comments. the spot was really no worse than a ton of shit they, douglas included did in ECW. sami just whiffed horribly on the swing.

BANNED

Impact was decent

the tag match - LAX (Ortiz and Santana) vs Cult Of Lee was good

and the womens match was really good IMO - Allie vs Laurel Van Ness

as I dont watch Impact all that often - allie has improved, plus I like that she uses the DVD as a finisher and they call it the Allie Valley Driver

BANNED

RE: Abbey Laith

I like her too, I saw the event where she won the Chikara Grand Championship, and she came in with the same class as Ruby (I figured Kimber/Abbey would progress first), but rumors say she had personality clashes and two failed drug tests

maybe it just wasnt working for her in WWE, she'd be a great addition to any roster tho

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    they might as well try and make something positive from the whole thing. sami should've taken his time and been more careful but eddie knows it was an accident. they say sami was a mess backstage after it happened and went to see eddie in the hospital.

that would be too bad. i follow abbey on IG and she seems to really love what she's doing over there.

can't imagine it working any worse.

makes a loud noise and looks better when the guy can really give a good swing(since it's going to hit the chair not the person. the best bet would've probably been to just lay the chair flat on top of him.

it's usually a decent tv show, just doesn't build to PPV.

of course but at this point you just kind of ignore corny. again i was really surprised by shane douglas comments. the spot was really no worse than a ton of shit they, douglas included did in ECW. sami just whiffed horribly on the swing.
    Not sure what Douglas or Cornette said, but I personally think that spot looked set up to fail. Granted I'm speaking in 20/20 hindsight but it just didn't look all that safe. You had a chair that really couldn't be balanced on Edwards body positioned close to Edwards face and a guy legitimately swinging hard with a real bat. And that's a lot of risk for a spot which I don't think would have looked particularly all that cool had it been executed successfully. If he didn't screw up he'd just be hitting a plastic chair rather than the person. From a storytelling It's not all that believable that a guy would just hit the chair when he could just hit the guy with the bat. BOtching the spot was really the only way that particular spot would have looked good and made sense... but obviously it's not worth the price.

Yeah, we've seen a lot of spots in ECW where it realistically doesn't make sense but if it's done safely and at least looks cool, it's worth it. This to me at least seemed like a fairly high risk low reward spot. Again, I'm speaking 20/20 hindsight but the pay off of hitting the plastic chair with the bat just doesn't seem all that impressive.

RE: Abbey Laith

I like her too, I saw the event where she won the Chikara Grand Championship, and she came in with the same class as Ruby (I figured Kimber/Abbey would progress first), but rumors say she had personality clashes and two failed drug tests

maybe it just wasnt working for her in WWE, she'd be a great addition to any roster tho
    Having only seen her in the Mae Young classic, I can't particularly say she stood out to me. Didn't have a particularly interesting look or gimmick, and her matches were okay but none of them were particularly great. She was certainly fine, but of the field of woman I can't say she would have been one of my top picks to snag personally.

BANNED

and when you have Dakota Kai and Nixon Newell and more women on the roster then the company has ever had

its going to get tight and people are going to get cut loose if they aren't useful

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In funny wild stories about times then....Tony Atlas discussed the drugs of that era. (Atlas was known for drug issues)

- Anyhow he claims him , Tommy Rich and Bob Armstrong were in a car after a show. They had some smoke (coke) and some pot on the dash. Rich was driving and they get pulled over by a cop who sees a huge thing of smoke once the window is down. He questions who's driving as Tommy Rich claims he is as the cop goes , "Wildfire Tommy Rich , my kid loves you." So he learns Atlas and Armstrong is there and they all sign autographs for him and the cop tells em to let Armstrong drive since he doesn't look stoned. Can't do that today Atlas joked.

- Mr. Fuji and Don Muraco were the guys who'd bring pot backstage. Adrian Adonis would bring the cocaine with someone he won't mention. Because he runs a school and won't bring his name up. But they'd bring the coke. There was a doctor whenever they ran shows near New York who'd give you any steroid you wanted. You wanted , he had it in the bag. This was the doctor Atlas claims got in trouble in the early 1990's.

- Atlas claimed he never did inject steroids through a needle. He took the pill kind and it was addoball (spelling sorry). Anyhow as Atlas claims he'd take 1 a day through the 1st week , 2 a day the 2nd , 3 a day the 3rd and 4 a day the 4th week. Then come off them the next 6 months and do them once every 6 months. As Atlas claimed he knew that steroids would mess up your kidneys and functions if done long term and he claims that the steroids would stay in his system that 2nd month.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Impact was decent

the tag match - LAX (Ortiz and Santana) vs Cult Of Lee was good

and the womens match was really good IMO - Allie vs Laurel Van Ness

as I dont watch Impact all that often - allie has improved, plus I like that she uses the DVD as a finisher and they call it the Allie Valley Driver
    x-title/grand championship and main event was good too, clean finish and all.

i'd call it a "death allie driver".

Not sure what Douglas or Cornette said, but I personally think that spot looked set up to fail. Granted I'm speaking in 20/20 hindsight but it just didn't look all that safe. You had a chair that really couldn't be balanced on Edwards body positioned close to Edwards face and a guy legitimately swinging hard with a real bat. And that's a lot of risk for a spot which I don't think would have looked particularly all that cool had it been executed successfully. If he didn't screw up he'd just be hitting a plastic chair rather than the person. From a storytelling It's not all that believable that a guy would just hit the chair when he could just hit the guy with the bat. BOtching the spot was really the only way that particular spot would have looked good and made sense... but obviously it's not worth the price.

Yeah, we've seen a lot of spots in ECW where it realistically doesn't make sense but if it's done safely and at least looks cool, it's worth it. This to me at least seemed like a fairly high risk low reward spot. Again, I'm speaking 20/20 hindsight but the pay off of hitting the plastic chair with the bat just doesn't seem all that impressive.
    i don't think the spot was intended to start an injury angle, just a beatdown.

douglas was saying he'd never even do a spot with potential danger like that which is just BS.

Having only seen her in the Mae Young classic, I can't particularly say she stood out to me. Didn't have a particularly interesting look or gimmick, and her matches were okay but none of them were particularly great. She was certainly fine, but of the field of woman I can't say she would have been one of my top picks to snag personally.
    you have to keep in mind the mae young classic is not the sum of her career, that said i thought she was super impressive in her match with alpha female. alpha female isn't very good and lee got a damn good match out of her.

imo what separates lee from the pack is her mic/character work. it's a shame they didn't just put her with drew gulak and do their thing. it would basically be their CZW gimmick all over again. personally i'd easily take her over ruby riot for her spot. she smokes ruby on the mic especially as a heel and neither is much better than the other in the ring.

BANNED

RE: Allie

thats what I thought it was called, but Sanjay said Allie Valley Driver - he might have messed up

oh and commentary is better when Josh Matthews isn't being a "heel" and just does his job, and he and Dutt work very well together

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Sooooooooooo... Mark-ass Dave Meltzer, WWE, and most of the idiots compromising Wrestling Twitter all got worked by a drug dealer who used Roman's name to get some change.

I almost want to do some trolling just to rub it in, but nah, watching the butthurt flow so freely is a good enough treat on its' own

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Sooooooooooo... Mark-ass Dave Meltzer, WWE, and most of the idiots compromising Wrestling Twitter all got worked by a drug dealer who used Roman's name to get some change.

I almost want to do some trolling just to rub it in, but nah, watching the butthurt flow so freely is a good enough treat on its' own
    like used his name to charge more for what he was slinging?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Which makes me hope that POP n Anthem don't sit down and go , well what we need is more violent matches and situations. Because the worst thing would be to go CZW.
    The best part of CZW and ECW, for me at least, are/were the crazy technical matches. Not the spotfest bloodbaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I saw the picture of him in the get up along with a tweet from adweek saying it was an audition the wwe website also ran a story and made it sound like a audition also.
    I think it's for a Nick show and the jokes is you can't see him.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-09-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Used his name falsely to get funding for a documentary. The Jonny Bravo dude said Roman's name was on a list of people that bought steroids from the dealer who's in jail, but it turned out to be Luther Reigns instead, lol.

A guy named Johnny Bravo (yes, for real) tricked a bunch of dumbass wrestling fans and DA MELTZ into thinking he had information on "Reigns" buying steroids but it was actually ... Luther Reigns.

EDIT: Kal beat me to it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

that is hilarious