Thread: Wrestling WWE

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Shane Douglas revealed how he came to team with Johnny Ace back in 1989-1990.

- Shane had went from being Magnum TA's student in a sense to suddenly being sent home due to a money crunch the company was having where Crockett was having issues. A couple days later he gets called and told to come back and he's being teamed with Tim Horner now. Since Brad Armstrong had quit the promotion and the company wanted to do the Lightning Express tag team still. So he does 1 show with Hornier and they are billed as the New Lightning Express !

After the 1 show he gets called and told to go home again comically as Armstrong was coming back. A couple days pass again and Shane is told by the company , well we have a new tag team for you. Johnny Ace has been training to be a wrestler awhile and was the flag guy in Sheepherders awhile. So he's trained and they debut at the Music City Showdown PPV. The opening match against Samoan Swat Team. (The PPV where Ric Flair was famously pile driven by Terry Funk through a table !)

That show the team is billed as Johnny & Shane , "The New Generation !" . Which was the name for a day and on an airplane to another show Shane detailed this...

- On the plane , Eddie Gilbert who worked as a booker at the time on committee turned to face Shane and said ...did you hear about the new name you guys have now ? Shane was like...Eddie's always been a ribber and loves to joke. Yeah we just heard it at the show. But go ahead and tell us Eddie.

So Eddie goes that Jim Herd had a study done about California and how those folks are moving East and the 2 favorite words used is Dynamic ...and Dude. So due to that study you are now the Dynamic Dudes. Shane thought this was a rib and laughed as Eddie slowly turned back and was serious. Douglas was like , please tell me that isn't our name Eddie.

- Shane at Bristol , TN show went to discuss the name with Ric Flair who was laying down on a couch. Shane was like Ric , can't you do something about the name ? Flair however told him there was nothing he could do. But as Shane brings up , your the chairman of the booking committee , surely you can tell Herd something. But Flair was like , its a shitty name and I agree...but nothing I can do.

So him and Johnny tried to make the most of it. But its hard to get over when your losing key matches with tag teams and only going over enhancement talent.

- Gilbert had an idea and was like , they should turn you and Johnny heel as a team. You guys can slick your hair back and tell the audience F--k you , we love riding our skateboards. Instant heel heat but WCW wouldn't do it not believing blond haired , blue eyed guys can be heels like that. Which a couple years later would happen.

- The most comical deal was Johnny called Shane before it started and told him Turner had given him a company credit card. That WCW told him to go buy skateboards and things for the gimmick for Dynamic Dudes. Johnny & Shane both joked ...lets see how serious they are about us being this new Rock n Roll Express and go spend as much as possible for this. So they went to a mall where a skate shop was at.

And they had cheap skate boards and really expensive ones. So the 2 guys started getting all kinds of things. Charging it all and Shane claims they each spent like $5,000 apiece to Turner. And they never heard anything about it. Like the company didn't care they spent all that money on things. They bought jet skis and more and those were used for filming. So they went all over filming for days for vignettes believing they'd get a push.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The previous send off really isn't a send off unless he retires. If this isn't his final match thrn it won't matter where it takes place in the card. But if it is, then it should be treated as something special. Again, simply put he deserves it for the decades he put into the company.
    My guess: This is likely his last "real" match. In the sense where we can expect him to take big bumps and do serious in-ring work. But I wouldn't be surprised to seem him in-ring in protected situations in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    My guess: This is likely his last "real" match. In the sense where we can expect him to take big bumps and do serious in-ring work. But I wouldn't be surprised to seem him in-ring in protected situations in the future.
    Taker is still a special attraction, so I would imagine if he's willing they will continue to use him sparingly.

WWE decides to change the Moolah match name to Wrestlemania Women's Battle Royal
    https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/974361662047186944
    Last edited by DragonKent17; 03-15-2018 at 12:54 PM.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Ultimate Member

Good, apparently Snickers got on their case about it after the former got negative feedback as well.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I would have Nakamura and Styles be the closer. I get this hard on for Undertaker. But dear lord folks ...its 2018. If anyone deserves to main event a Wrestlemania in this era its AJ Styles. Your basically telling 2 guys who have worked their asses off for the last 2 years to be an opening act. So you can keep playing to an older star. I'm shocked Vince won't do that and piss on the future some more.
    *One* guy has worked his ass off for two years, the other has been coasting ever since the end of his first match.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    No one is forcing you to watch the entire show to be honest. This isn't a Festival , its Wrestlemania and its streamed online and can be watched after you take a nap.

EXACTLY .... with Nakamura he maybe your long term guy and this will be a hell of a match for him. So if you keep playing to older stars , your negating helping the young guys get on that level. Vince pissed on stars like Mysterio , Swagger , Miz and Ziggler years earlier. Now he seems to realize that you can't keep booking older guys in main event slots cause they break down and get old. This is about your future and Nakamura , Reigns ....those guys are it. Undertaker isn't.
    Shinsuke is gonna be on the wrong side of 40 by this time next year, so no, he's in no way, shape, or form "the future."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I remember don't remember Hogan and Flair pimping girls and taking huge chunk of their peers pay for their self gratification. Her actions killed women wrestling for decades. Whatever bad shit Hogan and Flair might of done doesn't compare to anything she did.
    What Moolah did was horrid. Criminal acts but she didn't do it in a vacuum. Many knew what was going on because many participated in it. It was an industry problem not just a Moolah problem.

Not comparing levels of wrong, just saying that honoring these people is a tricky thing.

BANNED

Im surprised as Vince is known to be stubborn, figured he'd dig his heels in

but after Deadspin picked it up, there were rumors swirling that Forbes or the New Yorker was planning to drop a piece with all of Moolahs dirt (tying it into our current social climate)

Nice to see snickers came in and fixed the name of the battle royal what a bad idea it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    *One* guy has worked his ass off for two years, the other has been coasting ever since the end of his first match.

Shinsuke is gonna be on the wrong side of 40 by this time next year, so no, he's in no way, shape, or form "the future."
    Yeah, neither AJ nor Nakamura are exactly spring chickens. It's sort of funny how even though Cena has sort of been passing the Torch to those guys on Smackdown, it's ENTIRELY possible with Cena's current schedule that his career will outlast theirs.

But that's why Roman really is being pushed as THE guy. Age alone means he's the future of the business.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Im surprised as Vince is known to be stubborn, figured he'd dig his heels in

but after Deadspin picked it up, there were rumors swirling that Forbes or the New Yorker was planning to drop a piece with all of Moolahs dirt (tying it into our current social climate)
    I could see it go either way. Yeah, Vince can be stubborn... but he's also a businessman first and foremost. I don't think he'd fight this just to fight it.

Either way, problem solved.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Vince caved because once Deadspin broke the article and 2 major publications was gonna move on it ..the big factor that led to him changing the name. Snickers pretty much had a come to Jesus meeting and told him they were gonna likely drop advertising. And that is $$$. So as much as Vince would have stood by and kept the Moolah name if he loses a big time sponsor the after effect is him telling stockholders ....well this happened.

If this was a private company and the late 1990's Vince is like see ya Snickers. But now he's gotta do everything right.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    WWE decides to change the Moolah match name to Wrestlemania Women's Battle Royal
    https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/974361662047186944
    The interesting thing here is now Vince knows the WWE is under the microscope. I wonder if this will effect how WWE treats future Hall of Fame Inductions, now that they know social media will be paying attention.

THough I suppose there aren't too many people who have done things as bad as Moolah, so this might be worse case scenario.

BANNED

all about that $$$

Another reason for the change was probably due to pressure from corporate sponsors after fans started notifying the candy company, Snickers, which is a sponsor for WrestleMania, about the controversy. Mars Wrigley Confectionary US, the parent company for Snickers, released a statement on naming the battle royal after Moolah to WrestlingInc.com. You can read the statement below:

“We were recently made aware of the World Wrestling Entertainment Inc’s (WWE) decision to honor a former wrestler during the upcoming WrestleMania 34 event. As a principle-based business that has long championed creating inclusive environments that encourage and empower everyone to reach their full potential, this is unacceptable. We are engaging with the WWE to express our disappointment.”

In this case, it appears WWE was made firmly aware of the negative backlash, and it eventually became too big for WWE to ignore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    all about that $$$
    Moolah screwed Moolah