Thread: Wrestling WWE

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Good to see that the battle royal has been renamed. I hope WWe didn't have a Moolah statue for the winner. It'll never see the light of day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Don't make your daughter the CBO.
    mostly

also most companies didn't have a "brand" officer up until a decade ago

thanks, social media

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Good to see that the battle royal has been renamed. I hope WWe didn't have a Moolah statue for the winner. It'll never see the light of day.
    they can put it in the warehouse with the old SmackDown fist and the ICOPRO banners

i swear i already saw a picture of the moolah statue, can't remember where though.

BANNED

ill be honest, I had no idea Kenny King was part of 'Tough Enough'

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    ill be honest, I had no idea Kenny King was part of 'Tough Enough'
    i actually watched that season, kenny got screwed when they did the 2 female winners swerve finish. we got screwed when they put jackie gayda & shaniqua on tv.

if it makes you feel any better i had no idea velveteen was a tough enougher.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That is potentially sure. Everyone has that potential. Reigns could sign for a couple years and leave to be honest. Each guy can. With Cena they were lucky since he chose this as a long term deal. Its rare that has happened in a way since before him Rocky and Austin both departed once outside interests became the deal. (In Austin's case he just got physically beaten down after years of injuries...its why he left).

Can Roman go as long as Cena ? Its possible for sure.

Again I'm not saying Nakamura can do it...i mean its possible. Its like Roman sticking long term...we really don't know if he will be that guy there at 40 ala Cena.
    Not everyguy has the potential to be THE guy for 10 years. 99% of the wrestlers really don't even become THE guy for 1 year. You need to be VERY capable drawing and a relatively VERY earlier point in your career. And that's very very rare.

And yes, there are no gurantees. Guys can get injured like Daniel Bryan. Guys can quit like CM Punk. Guys like Cena are a 1 in a million and there's no gurantee Roman or anyone else will be the next Cena. I'm merely saying there are reasons why a guy like Roman is put in the position he is in. To be able to compete at the level he is at at the relatively early age he is at likely is very appealing.

Nakamura is great. And Nakamura SHOULD be pushed. But to plan around him being a long term investment in your future is probably overly optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i swear i already saw a picture of the moolah statue, can't remember where though.
    They put a statue on the graphic.

abulous-Moolah-Memorial-Battle-Royal.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    they can put it in the warehouse with the old SmackDown fist and the ICOPRO banners
    They should totally have it as collateral damage in one of Braun's backstage rampages. "Shit, I guess we have to rename the Battle Royale".

Astonishing Member

If Daniel Bryan returns at Mania then that should be the closing match. It has build. It has performers that can work. It has guys that you can push full time in the following years. There is absolutely no IWC backlash. Daniel being victorious at the end of Mania is an all time Mania moment.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    If Daniel Bryan returns at Mania then that should be the closing match. It has build. It has performers that can work. It has guys that you can push full time in the following years. There is absolutely no IWC backlash. Daniel being victorious at the end of Mania is an all time Mania moment.
    If Bryan does have include himself in the Owens, Sami, Shane (?) match, I don't think that should go on last even though I am a fan of Bryan. I think WM should close with either Cena Vs Taker or AJ Styles VS Shinsuke Nakamura.

If I was booker, Shinsuke/AJ closes. Taker/Cena are opener.

If Bryan can go, I open with them, Taker/Cena are mid-card, Shinsuke/AJ close.

Fantasy booking aside, I've been reading more and more rumors that they intend to build to Rousey vs. Asuka, title vs. title for the WM 35 MAIN EVENT.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think I'd actually open with them. It would be a fun match to hype up the crowd and hopefully set the tempo for the rest of the show.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So comically Jim Cornette discussed his latest , funniest ...by accident twitter feud and one he never imagined he'd start off.

- It all began as he claims when Shane Helms (who he claims is completely innocent in this) , himself and Babydoll (yes the former 80's manager) were having a debate on twitter. Babydoll is pro gun and was arguing with a Parkland student over it all. So they tried to get her to actually ...ya know stop. Because the student just survived a gun massacre at the school. So Jim is like Shane I'm going to bed , I'm done. He wakes up the next morning and this debate continued for hours !

- Babydoll has now posted a NRA meme from Dana Loesch where she claims liberal media loves exploiting grieving mothers , all in effort to take away the guns. So he's in a bad mood anyhow as its morning and he sees this craziness so he questions why she'd quote that c--t from the NRA and that he's gonna have to block her. That he can't handle this. So he is like ok , I get ready and go out for much of the day and get a hair cut. Thinking well that is over. He comes back and learns he has over 4,000+ notifications.

- Jim doesn't realize it but when he tweeted that comment he forwarded it to Babydoll's contacts and one was....the NRA. So the supporters saw that and weren't happy. Also people think he was being a misogynistic asshole to Babydoll and the NRA woman on...National Women's day. Which he had no clue that was the day, None of these folks know he's Babydoll's friend and has knew her for 30+ years and that they worked in pro wrestling. He's attacking a woman.

- One guy tweeted he would dismember Cornette . Jim's buddy told him to be careful going out over the weekend. Jim joking responded back to the dismember guy .."Hmm that sounds like a threat.." Jim brought up how insane these tweets were and what they all had in common comically.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

One of the worst feuds in the company from one of the worst shows in the company main-eventing the biggest show of the year? Yikes...