Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    do you ever find yourself watching stuff you don't want to enjoy just so you can point out to those elitist assholes that it wasn't as good as they said??

kind of a shame this happened on axxess as it had the potential to be as good as any match on the takeover card, not that it should be but still a shame none the less.

seriously people are hung up on ohno's look/character but look at killian damo. damo is good but looks like shit and character is pretty generic.

kind of fukt up to not only put ohno on axxess but also make do the job. sometimes i wonder if the only resigned ohno to convince people he's not that good.
    On some sort of podcast, I heard Lance Storm say that he believes Ohno came back to sort of be a player Coach at NXT. Basically a good worker and experienced guy other wrestlers can learn from by wrestling him. Storm said he doesn't know this for a fact, but that's what he believes. So take it with a grain of salt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

hey man if they promised him things and didn't deliver why shouldn't he leave, and this was a regime that barely lasted the length of time they wanted low ki to prove himself in. low ki came in and put sonjay over so he kept up his end there. why should he get screwed out of his push because somebody else got suspended??

ki has a rep for being difficult but impact has an equally shitty rep for being incompetent, and inconsistent.

corny is corny, what a surprise.
    Changes happen outta the blue all the time in wrestling. As an example look at Daniel Bryan's 1st push and how he won the WWE World title at Wrestlemania and how it impacted Roman Reigns. That guy was told , your gonna become world champion. Then suddenly changes happen outta the blue. His push was delayed and Reigns accepted it.

Low-Ki had no idea that Del Rio would do something stupid and get suspended by the company. But everything was impacted and they changed the entire booking plans outta the blue. But told him , hey you'll still be booked as an upper card talent. And had Low-Ki stuck around in those 6 months and proved himself , perhaps he gets a main event run this year. But Anthem folks and Jarrett sensed he was kinda moronic and would quit outta the blue.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Connor McGregor bus attack video is very insane. What is more comical is as I posted to a female fan of his on my FB , for every smart thing McGregor does (his Mayweather promotion) he'll do a dumb stupid thing like this attack where he possibly injured 2 people on the bus. Anyhow you'd think I insulted her . Debating how it doesn't make McGregor stupid and he's her favorite fighter.

As I explained it was stupid and possibly impacts a PPV money fights the company was doing and White could can his stupid ass for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

seriously though, the guy just got out of rehab(that was probably too short to begin with) and he's going to go on the road?? not to mention he, well.....sucks. this is bad for him and bad for SD which honestly isn't doing all that great to begin with.

well he was really good at the gimmick, and it's WWE i'm more shocked when they don't do stuff like that.

where there's a will there's a way.

interesting choice of words. so when did you first start to feel this way??

when i first got regular access to japanese pro wrestling around 05ish NOAH was all the rage, i preferred NJPW even though they were going through some rough times, Z-1, and AJPW because i always felt like NOAH overdid the false finishes. it's also why i prefer the muto/MUTA, hashimoto, chono era of NJPW over the classic AJPW stuff.

i think NJPW has become guilty of the same false finisher stuff that steered me towards them. i feel like there isn't enough submission finishes anymore as well.

speaking of owen and shames imo it's a damn shame we didn't get to see bret and owen as a tag team for a good run. they have a match against the steiner bros that was awesome.

bro should've been in the WWE at least a year ago. but he likes to smoke weed.

hey man if they promised him things and didn't deliver why shouldn't he leave, and this was a regime that barely lasted the length of time they wanted low ki to prove himself in. low ki came in and put sonjay over so he kept up his end there. why should he get screwed out of his push because somebody else got suspended??

ki has a rep for being difficult but impact has an equally shitty rep for being incompetent, and inconsistent.

corny is corny, what a surprise.
    In this instance I think Cornette is 100% right.

If you legit knock someone unconscious just pin him and end the match. Trying to revive someone so you can hit more spots on him is just messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Changes happen outta the blue all the time in wrestling. As an example look at Daniel Bryan's 1st push and how he won the WWE World title at Wrestlemania and how it impacted Roman Reigns. That guy was told , your gonna become world champion. Then suddenly changes happen outta the blue. His push was delayed and Reigns accepted it.

Low-Ki had no idea that Del Rio would do something stupid and get suspended by the company. But everything was impacted and they changed the entire booking plans outta the blue. But told him , hey you'll still be booked as an upper card talent. And had Low-Ki stuck around in those 6 months and proved himself , perhaps he gets a main event run this year. But Anthem folks and Jarrett sensed he was kinda moronic and would quit outta the blue.
    That sounds like a no harm no foul situation all around.

Impact didn't come through with what they promised him, so he chooses to part ways. That seems reasonable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

If you legit knock someone unconscious just pin him and end the match. Trying to revive someone so you can hit more spots on him is just messed up.
    He did say it was the most impressive as hell thing he saw. That this would make Low-Ki huge and then he was like...I need to revive him so I can hit more of my shit.

That sounds like a no harm no foul situation all around.

Impact didn't come through with what they promised him, so he chooses to part ways. That seems reasonable enough.
    Well he quit before the 6 months . Like ...Jarrett knew this is how he is. He'll quit and we have to be prepared for it. It just added to Low-Ki's reputation for being an idiot who quits on a promotion if he's not booked big.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i don't really mind if a wrestler is chunky, so long as he can go in the ring. would i like for hero to drop some weight? sure. is it a deal breaker for me liking him? hell no.
    i think he needs a change of ring gear more than to lose weight. i think he works great as a big guy. the ring gear just doesn't make sense in NXT.

On some sort of podcast, I heard Lance Storm say that he believes Ohno came back to sort of be a player Coach at NXT. Basically a good worker and experienced guy other wrestlers can learn from by wrestling him. Storm said he doesn't know this for a fact, but that's what he believes. So take it with a grain of salt.
    kind of a waste, not as bad as death rey but still.

totally different situations for too many reasons to even start.

jeez, first you don't have to be moronic to quit impact, and 2nd you make it sound like working for impact is way more of a privilege than it is for a guy like him.

impact/antham/TNA/jarrett aren't xactly known to be geniuses. slapnuts didn't put himself on a 6 month contract and he wasn't around 6 months later, and anthem were dumb enough to hire slapnuts and then go all in with GFW which also lasted less than 6months.

that whole situation was fukt but i don't really need or care to hear cornys opinion to know that.

He did say it was the most impressive as hell thing he saw. That this would make Low-Ki huge and then he was like...I need to revive him so I can hit more of my shit.
    corny is dumber than low ki then.

i think he needs a change of ring gear more than to lose weight. i think he works great as a big guy. the ring gear just doesn't make sense in NXT.

kind of a waste, not as bad as death rey but still.

jeez, first you don't have to be moronic to quit impact, and 2nd you make it sound like working for impact is way more of a privilege than it is for a guy like him.

impact/antham/TNA/jarrett aren't xactly known to be geniuses. slapnuts didn't put himself on a 6 month contract and he wasn't around 6 months later, and anthem were dumb enough to hire slapnuts and then go all in with GFW which also lasted less than 6months.

that whole situation was fukt but i don't really need or care to hear cornys opinion to know that.

In Sara's case, she's flat out said that NXT is her dream job on multiple occasions. So she seems good where she's at.

Not sure how Ohno feels about his spot, but he does wrestle. Honestly he might be a case where he's better off staying in NXT than moving up to the main roster. But we'll see ... like I said, the player coach thing was Storms belief. He doesn't know it as a matter of fact.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

interesting choice of words. so when did you first start to feel this way??

do you ever find yourself watching stuff you don't want to enjoy just so you can point out to those elitist assholes that it wasn't as good as they said??
    My time means way too much to me to watch something I actively don't like just to be petty online.

[QUOTE=BigLbo;3576518]

Except for the fact its almost a situation where for months Reigns was told he was gonna be the guy and then learned...well were gonna roll with Daniel Bryan. At the biggest event of the year.

Considering he's burned bridges wherever he's gone then yes...it was. He can't do most indies as stories of him refusing to job to folks have circulated. Overseas its claimed a couple promotions won't use him anymore due to the same issue. WWE isn't knocking down his door right now. ROH isn't seemingly either. All that he had left was Impact and trying to make a good impression there. Its like the Kid Kash situation and how he pissed off folks in TNA his 1st run , ruined a tag team push he had with Knoble (the new Pit Bulls) and his last option was working TNA again awhile as people debated if his attitude would cost him there.

Low-Ki's attitude has cost him a lot. No clue where he'd be at if he didn't think he was the ultimate shit and all . Possibly he'd be back in WWE working right now had his attitude been better to be honest.

Sure Jeff Jarrett's alcohol issues cost him his job months in. But he was smart enough to realize when he was calling the shots backstage to not sign Low-Ki long term or build major program around him. Cause he knew this guy quits over anything.

He called the kick he saw pretty awesome and how it knocked the guy out cold. That it was seconds in and people were like HOLY SHIT. But yeah Cornette was right it became a comedy when Low-Ki revived the guy after so many minutes so he could deliver more spots lol.

[QUOTE=SUPERECWFAN1;3576713]

Except for the fact its almost a situation where for months Reigns was told he was gonna be the guy and then learned...well were gonna roll with Daniel Bryan. At the biggest event of the year.

Considering he's burned bridges wherever he's gone then yes...it was. He can't do most indies as stories of him refusing to job to folks have circulated. Overseas its claimed a couple promotions won't use him anymore due to the same issue. WWE isn't knocking down his door right now. ROH isn't seemingly either. All that he had left was Impact and trying to make a good impression there. Its like the Kid Kash situation and how he pissed off folks in TNA his 1st run , ruined a tag team push he had with Knoble (the new Pit Bulls) and his last option was working TNA again awhile as people debated if his attitude would cost him there.

Low-Ki's attitude has cost him a lot. No clue where he'd be at if he didn't think he was the ultimate shit and all . Possibly he'd be back in WWE working right now had his attitude been better to be honest.

Sure Jeff Jarrett's alcohol issues cost him his job months in. But he was smart enough to realize when he was calling the shots backstage to not sign Low-Ki long term or build major program around him. Cause he knew this guy quits over anything.

He called the kick he saw pretty awesome and how it knocked the guy out cold. That it was seconds in and people were like HOLY SHIT. But yeah Cornette was right it became a comedy when Low-Ki revived the guy after so many minutes so he could deliver more spots lol.
    I don't know if that Daniel Bryan/Roman thing lines up. When Bryan won the Wwe world title Batista had won the Rumble and Roman was still with the Shield. It didn't seem like they were positioning him at all for a singles world title run.

[QUOTE=XPac;3576739]

I don't know if that Daniel Bryan/Roman thing lines up. When Bryan won the Wwe world title Batista had won the Rumble and Roman was still with the Shield. It didn't seem like they were positioning him at all for a singles world title run.
    Ok my mind was off there. It was Batista that was supposed to get the push. The company told him that they were rolling with Bryan. No clue why I thought it was Reigns .

when i first got regular access to japanese pro wrestling around 05ish NOAH was all the rage, i preferred NJPW even though they were going through some rough times, Z-1, and AJPW because i always felt like NOAH overdid the false finishes. it's also why i prefer the muto/MUTA, hashimoto, chono era of NJPW over the classic AJPW stuff.

i think NJPW has become guilty of the same false finisher stuff that steered me towards them. i feel like there isn't enough submission finishes anymore as well.
    WAR and late 80/early-to-mid 90s New Japan had some great match structures I wish modern guys would steal. ECW did a lot of that with their more technical bouts but I wish more modern guys would work a Mutoh-style match again. Owen, Jericho, Bulldogs, Chono, Kenta ... all had some great stuff that would hold up to today's standards IMHO.

Ok my mind was off there. It was Batista that was supposed to get the push. The company told him that they were rolling with Bryan. No clue why I thought it was Reigns .
    It's okay. The WWE retcon machine was probably attacking your memory!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

It's okay. The WWE retcon machine was probably attacking your memory!
    I think its basically where Roman has been pushed so hard and in main event of the show so many times it made me think it.