Thread: Wrestling WWE

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd certainly agree he's better off with Rey, who is probably the biggest Mexican star in the modern era. But as I said, I wouldn't be shocked if he for went for both.
    To be honest they have a number of ex-Mexican talent on the roster. I always thought if the company seriously got behind Kalisto he could have taken Rey's spot. Hell why not do this...

- Pair Kalisto/Mystrerio as a tag team. Have them win the RAW World tag team titles and have a nice run awhile. Build Kalisto to be on Rey's level. Turn Rey Mysterio heel as he keeps hearing how Kalisto is the new young lion and how he has to be happy to be with him repeatedly. This makes Mysterio turn heel on him and Mysterio can proclaim , "I was the original , the greatest masked talent the WWE has ever seen and now its all how great you are Kalisto ! How awesome you are..."

- Have them collide at a PPV and let Kalisto go over. You basically build and create a new Mexican star.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be honest they have a number of ex-Mexican talent on the roster. I always thought if the company seriously got behind Kalisto he could have taken Rey's spot. Hell why not do this...

- Pair Kalisto/Mystrerio as a tag team. Have them win the RAW World tag team titles and have a nice run awhile. Build Kalisto to be on Rey's level. Turn Rey Mysterio heel as he keeps hearing how Kalisto is the new young lion and how he has to be happy to be with him repeatedly. This makes Mysterio turn heel on him and Mysterio can proclaim , "I was the original , the greatest masked talent the WWE has ever seen and now its all how great you are Kalisto ! How awesome you are..."

- Have them collide at a PPV and let Kalisto go over. You basically build and create a new Mexican star.
    that would require Rey to work close to a full time schedule

and he doesn't want to do that

BANNED

RE: Takeover

really loved the whole show

seeing Baszler get a lot of stick, hell even prior to the match and I think its because she's not what wrestling fans expect a "female performer" to be

she's basically an angry butch and I think that scares a lot of "fans"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    that would require Rey to work close to a full time schedule

and he doesn't want to do that
    You can limit him to RAW's and some PPV's. You don't need Mysterio doing house shows. You can limit him to so many appearances for the angle to work.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE doesn't need Del Rio. They have Cien Almas who infinity more talented and charismatic with a manager that can cover his weaknesses.

BANNED

You can limit him to RAW's and some PPV's. You don't need Mysterio doing house shows. You can limit him to so many appearances for the angle to work.
    I feel like you and I have different definitions of "part time"

if Im Rey at this point in my career, 2 RAWs a month...MAX

Dunne is getting ready to go to war with Undisputed
    https://twitter.com/PeteDunneYxB/sta...13212851757056

Ultimate Member

Overall Takeover was a great show. The ladder match and Gargaono vs. Baldy were both fantastic.

The Men's title match was really good.

The Women's title match was, alright. But I'm still not sold on Shayna yet and them leapfrogging so many other women to put the belt on her so quickly is annoying.

But overall, great show.

Mania Predictions:

Reigns - Part Time Champion - Reigns, though I could see PT champion retain and then have to forfeit the title the next night on Raw happening since he is going to UFC.

Styles - Nakamura - Styles retains in math of the night, having his ("WrestleMania moment")

IC Triple threat - Balor

US Title - Happy Rusev Day!

Smackdown Women's title - Asucka never loses (yawn)

Raw Women's - Nia Jax

Angle / Rousey win

Owens / Zayn win after Bryan turns on Shane

Smackdown tag titles - Uso's retain (they never really have had a "Mania moment")

Raw Tag Titles - Stroman and mystery partner win

Pre-Show

ATGBR - Win With Elias

Women's BR - Ember Moon

Cruiserweight - Cedric Alexander

Cena - Taker happens when Taker comes out with Kid Rock riding Harley's to American bad ass. Will be in final hour with Cena sitting ringside in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    RE: Takeover

really loved the whole show

seeing Baszler get a lot of stick, hell even prior to the match and I think its because she's not what wrestling fans expect a "female performer" to be

she's basically an angry butch and I think that scares a lot of "fans"
    I don't think it's that. Well, OK maybe for some people. There's no accounting for the internet.

By and large though, and certainly speaking for myself, it's purely because her ringwork is so utterly boring. Now maybe that's in part due to how she's being booked and creative are actually telling her to downplay any actual wrestling and focus on her MMA style. Or maybe that's just all she has in her wheelhouse. Whatever the reason though, I've yet to see her have a breakout match, even before her time in NXT and certainly not since she joined the roster.

And in a division full of hugely talented women, seeing the belt go on a performer of Shayna's ability - with her bestest buddy Ronda at ringside - it's real hard not to see this being a case of "It's not what you know, it's who you know!"
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

They certainly do have a couple Mexican wrestlers on the roster... Lucha House party for example. I'm just not sure they have any real draws.

Cien might be something down the line, depending on how they use him if/when he gets to the main roster.

But I think the bottom line is that Del Rio is a main eventer, and a very good worker. In the short term at least, he has value if they can come to an agreement everyone is happy with (as I'm sure Del Rio at his age probably can't do a full time schedule for very long, if at all... and of course the same would be true for Rey).

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE doesn't need Del Rio. They have Cien Almas who infinity more talented and charismatic with a manager that can cover his weaknesses.
    I'd agree Cien is more talented (though infinitely might be a bit much as Del Rio is a good performer). But I'm not sure about the charisma part. I think Del Rio has the look and the aura of being a main eventer... not sure about Cien. The manager helps a LOT... but without her, I'm not sure Cien could be a star on the main roster. But we'll see... he's certainly improved in this regard.

But I'll agree they don't need Del Rio. It's not an issue of need per say. But he is a talented performer (IMO at least), who potentially can help with a market the WWE wants a bigger piece of.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I don't think it's that. Well, OK maybe for some people. There's no accounting for the internet.

By and large though, and certainly speaking for myself, it's purely because her ringwork is so utterly boring. Now maybe that's in part due to how she's being booked and creative are actually telling her to downplay any actual wrestling and focus on her MMA style. Or maybe that's just all she has in her wheelhouse. Whatever the reason though, I've yet to see her have a breakout match, even before her time in NXT and certainly not since she joined the roster.

And in a division full of hugely talented women, seeing the belt go on a performer of Shayna's ability - with her bestest buddy Ronda at ringside - it's real hard not to see this being a case of "It's not what you know, it's who you know!"
    I actually like Baszler as a character.

I think he does the "bully" gimmick really well. And I also think she carries more of an aura of invincibility than even Asuka or Ronda. She seems like a female Brock in a lot of ways. She just looks like someone who you don't want to mess with.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Dunne is getting ready to go to war with Undisputed
    https://twitter.com/PeteDunneYxB/sta...13212851757056
    That should be a fun feud. Maybe down the line we can get another war games.

And frankly the UK guys NEED an angle of some sort. If the WWE isn't going to give them their own show, at least give them a real angle rather than just having them randomly show up to in NXT or 205 live.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post

I agree. On top of being boring her level of skill is not at a level where it should be for her spot. She still needs to be carried through her matches and that's a bad look for someone who your pushing to be in the top of your division.