Thread: Wrestling WWE

The kid was referee John Cone's son

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

For the exception of the weird Braun **** and Naka losing, they booked WM 34 how I would have.

I might have to re subscribe.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-08-2018 at 11:31 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We don't know that at all.
    xactly, so you can't rule it out(especially when he's returned 4 times before).

Having few prime American companies to work for and not getting in at WWE , not really getting calls from ROH and now forced to try and hope MLW catches on....sure seems like he blew a prime chance.
    Booking plans change all the time. From reports they told Low-Ki they were gonna keep him in the upper-card of the company.
    prime chance at what?? being in eli drake's spot?? if RoH or WWE aren't calling it's not because of anything to do with impact.

why would he believe what they told him if they already went back on what they said before??

Its ok to excuse shitty behavior by a guy because the company at one point in its history did shitty behavior before the new owners took it over. Least your honest in excusing this bullshit.
    pretty much, xcept i'm not saying it's shitty or not i'm just saying it's not moronic because burning a bridge with impact is not a big deal at all.

Or the McDonald's is owned by one franchise owner and actually knows the history of this worker who walked out. When I worked at the steak house years ago we had a Low-Ki type who worked the dish room area. He'd quit at a moment's notice and did this 4-5 times in a 2 year span. Ownership changed , he came back to get hired and they told him to keep walking. Because they saw his history and saw he'd quit.
    i'm sure steakhouse guys career never recovered. he probably had to resort to working at an italian ristorante.

It seems like your busy excusing **** behavior because the company at one time due to previous owner did **** behavior. Also as I said a long time ago Jarrett was his own worst enemy and cost himself by being alcoholic. But here , he gave him a 6 month run to see if Low-Ki had changed. He was wise on one hand because they knew he'd quit. As far as Cornette goes , he saw the match and said it was moronic what Low-Ki did.
    but you're not acknowledging his stupidity and only blaming the booze. as for corny he only said it moronic because he would've looked better if he just pinned him. i don't know if you noticed but the crowd still popped huge for the finish. it was actually moronic because it was dangerous to do more spots on a legit injured opponent.

Of course Jarrett only gave him a 6 month deal. He'd have been phased out even if Low-Ki did things as usual. His run as the top guy in stable would have ended at some point unless he stayed.
    6 months, 1month, whatever, dumbfuk drunk ass slapnuts still hired a guy he knew was a flake AND STARTED a main event program with him.

Your not inflicting damage on a guy by pinning him
    when somebody is KOed you're not supposed to move them period. have you ever seen a real KO in combat sports?? they don't drag the guy KOed guy to the corner and then have medics look at him.

Or telling the referee to call the match cause the guy can't stand. Given what we see anymore with concussions etc in 2000's , Low-Ki could have been smarter here. That is the thing ...he could have been smarter here and many nowadays would not continue with someone in that shape.
    it's the refs job to make that call, how is low ki supposed to check on his opponents status w/o breaking character in the match?? that's why when somebody goes down the ref will check on him and it's the ref NOT the wrestler who throws up the X.

everybody involved could've been smarter for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    This Wrestlemania had some of the best moments in a long time...along with some of the worst.

If anybody was going to beat Asuka, I'm glad it was Charlotte.

Turning Nakamura was absolutely brilliant.

...I really don't know what to say about that main event.
    i think it would've been better to do during the match or even before it. lack of heat really hurt the match imo.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-08-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Ultimate Member

This Wrestlemania was weird. It seemed WWE was more interested in shocking people and subverting expectation.

My thoughts-

1. Asuka shouldn't have lost that match to Charlotte. Not at this time and at this stage. Her streak should have continued with her as the Women's champion and lost at another event.
    2. Don't hinder the Jinder. The guy has kind of grown on me but I would have preferred Rusev win that match, the man is over.
    3. Have no issues with the Bludgeon Brothers. Those guys are monsters should be winning like monsters.
    4. Very happy for Nia Jax. She's put in the work.
    5. Have no problems with Rollins winning the title. He's just a fantastic worker, the blue eyes thing was corny AF though.
    6. Cena vs Undertaker. This wasn't a real match. It was nice for Undertaker to get another win at Wrestlemania though.
    7. Ronda Rousey is a beast with (with a cute butt). The mixed tag match was better than expected.
    8. Braun winning the tag titles with the kid was kind of heart warming.
    9. I'm not so sure about Styles and Nakamura. I would have preferred the heel turn come another time.
    10. Brock vs Roman. The rule of opposite momentum is still a thing (i.e the last Raw ended with Roman lifting the championship, when the challenger defiantly holds up the title before the event the champion always wins). That being said, I was stunned that Roman lost, everything pointed to him winning. How many F-5s did he kick out of? 10? It was a little ridiculous at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This Wrestlemania was weird. It seemed WWE was more interested in shocking people and subverting expectation.

My thoughts-

1. Asuka shouldn't have lost that match to Charlotte. Not at this time and at this stage. Her streak should have continued with her as the Women's champion and lost at another event.
    2. Don't hinder the Jinder. The guy has kind of grown on me but I would have preferred Rusev win that match, the man is over.
    3. Have no issues with the Bludgeon Brothers. Those guys are monsters should be winning like monsters.
    4. Very happy for Nia Jax. She's put in the work.
    5. Have no problems with Rollins winning the title. He's just a fantastic worker, the blue eyes thing was corny AF though.
    6. Cena vs Undertaker. This wasn't a real match. It was nice for Undertaker to get another win at Wrestlemania though.
    7. Ronda Rousey is a beast with (with a cute butt). The mixed tag match was better than expected.
    8. Braun winning the tag titles with the kid was kind of heart warming.
    9. I'm not so sure about Styles and Nakamura. I would have preferred the heel turn come another time.
    10. Brock vs Roman. The rule of opposite momentum is still a thing (i.e the last Raw ended with Roman lifting the championship, when the challenger defiantly holds up the title before the event the champion always wins). That being said, I was stunned that Roman lost, everything pointed to him winning. How many F-5s did he kick out of? 10? It was a little ridiculous at some point.
    2)at the very least they shouldn't have had russev eat the pin.

6)cena again proves he is the most unselfish main event guy in history. can you honestly imagine hhh, hbk, hogan etc doing something like that, even in the twilight of their careers?? also it was nice to see somebody actually show fear of the undertaker at mania, can't remember the last time that happened.

8)it was, but really kind of sucks for cesaro & sheamus.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-09-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I went to sleep when the main-event started. I hear Roman kicked out of a billion F5s and still lost the match. What was the point?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I went to sleep when the main-event started. I hear Roman kicked out of a billion F5s and still lost the match. What was the point?
    Too look strong.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    theme of the show right there. i'm pretty surprised at how positive reviews for the show were, i thought it was pretty disappointing overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Too look strong.
    i thought it might be to roll eyes and then when roman loses ask what people are bitching about.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i thought it might be to roll eyes and then when roman loses ask what people are bitching about.
    I thought that was for Rusev?
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    I thought that was for Rusev?
    yeah but rusev took the pin, so they can't shame them for "bitching".

oh and i want to go on record saying i enjoyed the angle/rousey vs hhh/steph match and it was mostly because of ronda and steph. ronda looked good in the things she did and steph while not actually good at the wrestling(that suplex bump LOL) she did really good character stuff as a chickenshit opportunist. it was just fun in the way big show vs mayweather turned out.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-09-2018 at 04:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    If there was ever to be a 4 Horsemen type group in 2018, you'd need EC3 and Adam Cole as members
    EC3 moss sabatelli and...hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Who thinks AoP are going to turn up on RAW Monday and take the tag-titles straight back away from Braun and his +1.
    stay at school nicolas

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    and Tanahashi
    and steamboat?
    Last edited by steve2275; 04-09-2018 at 05:12 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

A mixed bag to be sure:

-The Women's Battle Royale was meh and Naomi winning seems, random and pointless.

-The Ronda/Kurt vs. Triple H and Stephanie match was surprisingly decent.

-The Bryan/Shane vs. Sami and KO match was fine, and it played out more of less as expected.

-Braun is always fun.

-Seth winning was cool.

-Etc.

But there were some really dumb finishes:

-I'm convinced that Vince is trolling the fans with this Rusev thing. Rusev gets himself over, gets put in the US Title match, just to take the loss to freaking Jinder, and it's the finish to every Jinder win ever, ugh.

-Charlotte vs. Asuka was a really good match, with a TERRIBLE finish. Not only did the wrong woman win, but the way that she one was really lame and underwhelming, and WOW did that post-match verbal butt-kissing by Asuka sound awful. WWE it didn't work when Daniel Bryan did it with Roman, and it didn't work here.

-AJ vs. Nakamura, wasn't as good as I expected, and I feel again like the wrong person won.

But that brings me to a big point, Vince not changing his ways. I was THIS close to giving him credit for putting two Asian wrestlers in big title matches as Mania, all that it would have taken was for at least ONE of them to actually win.

Instead they both lost, WWE you screwed it up at the last minute, great job there (sarcasm).

-And the Brock vs. Roman finish was just anger-inducing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    New Orleans - a city you can lose your wallet, your marriage, and your undefeated streak
    and your clothes boots and motorcycle

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    [/QUOTE
    looks like a tickle fight
    Last edited by steve2275; 04-09-2018 at 05:38 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player