Thread: Wrestling WWE

I wonder if the idea of Brock winning was to save him for Bobby Lashley. Not sure if Bobby is available now or even interested, but if they managed to sign Bobby maybe they decided at the last minute to save it for Lashley to REALLY get Bobby over as a monster right out of the gate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    So will Carmella cash in on this one?
    shoulda happened after asuka losing
    asuka leaves the ring to let charlotte celebrate then carmella cash in

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm hoping for Joe
    so was i

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    The kid was referee John Cone's son
    i knew it had to be something like that
    Last edited by steve2275; 04-09-2018 at 05:47 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm gonna move on from discussing Low-Ki , its been a couple days ...nothing will be settled. He's a quitter and will quit in a fucking heart beat.

Anyhow discussing the whole Roman Reigns deal , I agree with Royal. The company has completely fucked over Roman so many times when he's supposed to be THE GUY and when push comes to shove they keep screwing the pooch on it. At this stage Roman's more known for failing on the biggest stage a number of years than actually winning a title and becoming THE MAN like they seemingly wanted folks to get behind.

At this stage the only option is if Roman turns heel and goes into a crazy rage and become the star that way. Cause well as far as a face goes he'll never be the top star. His only hope is a heel turn to get him to that level.

Plus I'll say it again after that RAW where Seth Rollins put on a show and defeated Cena and Reigns , and lasted over an hour . He should have gotten that push against Brock. Because the story wrote itself .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think it would've been better to do during the match or even before it. lack of heat really hurt the match imo.
    I think it was best to keep it for after the match if the plan was for Nakamura to lose from the get-go. It was a good, solid match but Nakamura turning at the end helped make it a "Wrestlemania Moment" and added a lot more interest to the feud. Rather than having an "ending" at Wrestlemania, it made it only the "beginning."

This year's Wrestlemania really broke the mold of "it all leads to Wrestlemania" for the Smackdown Women's, Universal, and WWE Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    A mixed bag to be sure:

-The Women's Battle Royale was meh and Naomi winning seems, random and pointless.

-The Ronda/Kurt vs. Triple H and Stephanie match was surprisingly decent.

-The Bryan/Shane vs. Sami and KO match was fine, and it played out more of less as expected.

-Braun is always fun.

-Seth winning was cool.

-Etc.

But there were some really dumb finishes:

-I'm convinced that Vince is trolling the fans with this Rusev thing. Rusev gets himself over, gets put in the US Title match, just to take the loss to freaking Jinder, and it's the finish to every Jinder win ever, ugh.

-Charlotte vs. Asuka was a really good match, with a TERRIBLE finish. Not only did the wrong woman win, but the way that she one was really lame and underwhelming, and WOW did that post-match verbal butt-kissing by Asuka sound awful. WWE it didn't work when Daniel Bryan did it with Roman, and it didn't work here.

-AJ vs. Nakamura, wasn't as good as I expected, and I feel again like the wrong person won.

But that brings me to a big point, Vince not changing his ways. I was THIS close to giving him credit for putting two Asian wrestlers in big title matches as Mania, all that it would have taken was for at least ONE of them to actually win.

Instead they both lost, WWE you screwed it up at the last minute, great job there (sarcasm).

-And the Brock vs. Roman finish was just anger-inducing.
    I agree about Vince trolling fans with Rusev. I mean there were many reports the guy was ready to walk out and asked for his release despite being one of the most OVER wrestlers in the company right now, and you make him lose to Jinder? I honestly don't blame Rusev for walking out if this is the kind of treatment he is going to get. But honestly, I like that most of the finishes were not what people expected which I liked. I did not see the Shinsuke heel turn coming. I for sure thought Brock was done with WWE after WM so I am curious to see what they plan to do with him. Allow him to keep the title while he goes back to UFC? Or did Brock resign with WWE for another year?

Ultimate Member

See I'm not a fan of "swerves simply for the sake of swerves." And none of them made sense here imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    looks like a tickle fight
    sign me up

aside from the 'main event' - which I slept through, honestly I watched entrances, I passed out and woke up right after Brock got the pin

I enjoyed this Mania a lot more than the last two (at least)

See I'm not a fan of "swerves simply for the sake of swerves." And none of them made sense here imo.
    I doubt for Wrestlemania there were any swerved purely for the sale of a swerve. That might happen on a RAW, but for the big show at least I'm guess they planned this well in advance and have a plan going forward.

And I think that's what will make the next RAW and Smackdown interesting. Because they didn't go the predictable route, seeing where all this is headed is a bit more of a journey.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm gonna move on from discussing Low-Ki , its been a couple days ...nothing will be settled. He's a quitter and will quit in a fucking heart beat.
    that much is true(i never said it wasn't) and a dumbass like jarrett will rehire in a heartbeat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I think it was best to keep it for after the match if the plan was for Nakamura to lose from the get-go. It was a good, solid match but Nakamura turning at the end helped make it a "Wrestlemania Moment" and added a lot more interest to the feud. Rather than having an "ending" at Wrestlemania, it made it only the "beginning."

This year's Wrestlemania really broke the mold of "it all leads to Wrestlemania" for the Smackdown Women's, Universal, and WWE Championships.
    maybe, but i think they should put their best foot forward for the biggest show of the year especially if they're going to advertise it as a dream match.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post

Though I didn't see it coming at all, the heel turn probably was for the best. Face Nakamura was truthfully losing momentum. I think this gives him a refresh.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I thought Mania was an entertaining show with some questionable booking. I thought Asuka and Nakamura should have won their matches, Jinder going over was the wrong call, Lesnar going over poochie is wtf. It's like this show trying to be the Last Jedi of WrestleMania.

I don't know most of the swerves made sense I think. Charlotte beating Auska was unexpected but honestly makes sense when you think about it. The only other women's wrestler who could have convincingly ended Auska's streak was Rhonda Rousey. But Rhonda wasn't quite ready for that, so Charlotte was the logical choice. Shinsuke turning heel was being hinted at in the feud leading up to the match when you think back on it. The only two swerves that didn't make sense was Jinder winning the US title and Brock retaining the universal title.

If Brock didn't secretly resign with WWE for another year, I could see WWE having drop the title tonight on Raw (rematch with Roman or something) or at the Royal Rumble thing at the end of the month. Or they could just allow him to keep the title while he is in UFC and defend it once he is done with that again.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I don't know most of the swerves made sense I think. Charlotte beating Auska was unexpected but honestly makes sense when you think about it. The only other women's wrestler who could have convincingly ended Auska's streak was Rhonda Rousey. But Rhonda wasn't quite ready for that, so Charlotte was the logical choice. Shinsuke turning heel was being hinted at in the feud leading up to the match when you think back on it. The only two swerves that didn't make sense was Jinder winning the US title and Brock retaining the universal title.
    So I don't agree. That just reeks of WWE's laziness and/or incompetence with their writing. Here's an idea, instead of yet again pushing Charlotte as the be all end all (seriously WWE undercutting everyone else just to build her up is getting REALLY annoying), TELL A GOOD STORY and BUILD SOMEONE ELSE UP to take down Asuka later, give someone the rub who could use it. WWE USED to know how to do that, but they've forgotten it seems.

As it stands, SDL is just the "Charlotte Flair show" and it's getting old. You spent two years building Asuka up, the logical outcome is not her tapping out weakly and very quickly to a mis-applied (and weaker according to the commentary) Figure-8 (seriously Sasha lasted longer in that hold during the Iron Woman match than submission expert/monster Asuka did here) and then basically kiss Charlotte's a** verbally later on. The logical outcome, was for her to win.

Also Charlotte is the LAST person who needed a win here.

As for Nakamura, he just lost his WWE title feud to Jinder and again Vince put an Asian star into a Mania title match just to lose to his American stars. He's never going to change.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Shinsuke's heel turn was not hinted. He didn't take AJ seriously and that was the bulk of it.