Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it is a funny line. but not so funny when her career is over.

4 years. we only had her for 4 years and now that's all gone. who knows? maybe she could get better with some other types of treatment. but i wish her the best, especially after all that crap she's had to deal with in the last few years.
    Is Paige on Total Divas? I might actually start regularly watching that show if it starts chronicling her return and retirement.

But yeah... really sad someone that young would have a career cut that short. She arguably was one of the first to bring the divas revolution to the main roster, but her career ends just short of the first Royal Rumble. It's like she helped set the table for dinner, but couldn't sit down to enjoy the meal.

i use to be very sour on bobby back during his first run with tna but now? dude is a monster. honestly, if they book him right, bobby would be my choice to smash brock. and fitting too since he's pretty much like brock but better.
    I was a fan of Brock back in the day, and a part of me still is I suppose... but current Brock is kinda lazy in his matches. So yeah, I almost see Bobby as a new improved version of Brock. Or at least that's how he looked in Impact. And he's a lot better than the version we first saw in WWE. I definitely want to see Bobby vs Brock down the line... maybe Summerslam.

nope. the revival are fighting bray and matt next week. like heath said, they weren't in the tournament at all, hence the open challenge they made.
    It's sort of a shame they weren't in the tournament. Yeah, you can argue they don't deserve a title shot since they first got there, but it's not like Matt and Bray had a whole lot of matches under their belt when they got in it.

Ultimate Member

i use to be very sour on bobby back during his first run with tna but now? dude is a monster. honestly, if they book him right, bobby would be my choice to smash brock. and fitting too since he's pretty much like brock but better.
    His Impact work was quite good. He was a case of "he has potentially, but was green as grass." They pushed him WAY before he was ready back then. It's actually fascination to see the parallels to Roman Reigns today.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think bobby works better as a heel though.
    Way better. Cocky Bobby is where he found his groove. If they could bring in MVP as his manager, you have excellent counter to Brock and Heyman.

I will say it again now that Paige is retired, she can be the new GM of SmackDown or the manager for Nakamura. Nakamura is a heel now, so a hot manager just adds heat to him.

Asuka tapping to Charlotte is a joke. Take a pin from a roll up, and keep that feud going. Charlotte going dirtiest player in the game would have been fitting but to tap and then put over Charlotte on the mic is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    was it really?
    I do agree with JD's point about NXT tag teams who get called to the main roster getting buried or end up being jokes like The Revival and The Ascension. I fear the Authors of Pain might suffer the same fate on the main roster, but I hope not. Also agree No Way Jose also could end up being Adam Rose 2.0 and he ends up being lost in the shuffle. But honestly, JD is a bit to negative every review of Raw and Smackdown is him hating on it. Also, hating on Bobby Lashley ain't cool.....
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 04-10-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Way better. Cocky Bobby is where he found his groove. If they could bring in MVP as his manager, you have excellent counter to Brock and Heyman.

I will say it again now that Paige is retired, she can be the new GM of SmackDown or the manager for Nakamura. Nakamura is a heel now, so a hot manager just adds heat to him.

Asuka tapping to Charlotte is a joke. Take a pin from a roll up, and keep that feud going. Charlotte going dirtiest player in the game would have been fitting but to tap and then put over Charlotte on the mic is garbage.
    Charlotte and Asuka are both faces, so I think a clean match followed by a sign of respect is perfectly fine. To me this was the female equivalent of Hogan vs Warrior at WM 6 back in the day.

As for Lashley... I think he'll end up taking Brocks role. But he needs to beat Brock first, which requires him to be a face. He can turn after beating Brock and play the monster heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I do agree with JD's point about NXT tag teams who get called to the main roster getting buried or end up being jokes like The Revival and The Ascension. I fear the Authors of Pain might suffer the same fate on the main roster, but I hope not. Also agree No Way Jose also could end up being Adam Rose 2.0 and he ends up being lost in the shuffle. But honestly, JD is a bit to negative every review of Raw and Smackdown is him hating on it. Also, hating on Bobby Lashley ain't cool.....
    I don't think AoP will have the same problem that Ascension had because they are legit monsters (who even have credible MMA backgrounds). I think the problem with the Ascension is they were big by NXT standards... but in the main roster they were average sized guys. And an average sized monster usually doesn't work. AoP should be just fine. WWE knows how to book big monsters.

Revival is another story. They more resemble a team out of the Crocket territory back in the day, so I don't know if WWE can book them right. We'll see. In part I think their lack of a push stems from them being show to be injury prown. I think if they prove they can stay healthy, they'll have a better shot.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

thus comes the fall out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Charlotte and Asuka are both faces, so I think a clean match followed by a sign of respect is perfectly fine. To me this was the female equivalent of Hogan vs Warrior at WM 6 back in the day.

As for Lashley... I think he'll end up taking Brocks role. But he needs to beat Brock first, which requires him to be a face. He can turn after beating Brock and play the monster heel.
    Except that it doesn't even remotely fit Asuka's character, like at all. Nothing that she's done before this points to it. AT BEST, MAYBE she's shake Charlotte's hand, maybe. And her being so smiley and chipper afterwards is even more OOC. It was a another blatant example of the "Charlotte is the be all end all" philosophy that they have and that's gotten REALLY irritating. And I also know this, because they did the SAME THING with Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns a few years ago. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now.

And the whole submission ending was handled terribly all-around. Really the whole thing made Asuka look weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Except that it doesn't even remotely fit Asuka's character, like at all. Nothing that she's done before this points to it. AT BEST, MAYBE she's shake Charlotte's hand, maybe. And her being so smiley and chipper afterwards is even more OOC. It was a another blatant example of the "Charlotte is the be all end all" philosophy that they have and that's gotten REALLY irritating. And I also know this, because they did the SAME THING with Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns a few years ago. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now.

And the whole submission ending was handled terribly all-around. Really the whole thing made Asuka look weak.
    All Asuka said is that Charlotte was ready for Asuka ( an obvious take from her catch phrase) ... which is a clear conclusion one can make based on Charlotte winning.

Again, it's a sign of respect. It's why she chose Charlotte in the first place over Bliss. She respects Charlotte. And as an added bonus, it's a bit of misdirection for what we see later with Nakamura and AJ. We THINK it's another sign of respect, before Nakamura drops the bomb on AJ.

BANNED

seriously, you guys are that offended he made fun of her hot topic goth style??
    im not offended

Im tired of accepting crap behavior from people because "oh its funny" or "oh thats just how they are"

Royal is the resident grump around here, thats fine

but he crossed a line and I ain't having it anymore

he can shout into the void here on in, or talk to you

BANNED

RAW last night was fine, a little less "high energy" than previous RAWs after Mania but still fun

they kept it moving

also good to see Jeff back, hope he's healed, feeling well, on the path and all that

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't think Royal is grumpy. Just not a WWE fan or "sports entertainment" in general.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think Royal is grumpy. Just not a WWE fan or "sports entertainment" in general.
    he comes off as the stereotypical "I hate everything about this, but still watches every week to complain" and that, IMO is counterproductive and not healthy

if it displeases you that much, go watch something else, get a hobby, take up crochet

but I don't have a problem with that, you have a right to complain as much as you want

but to take shots at someone who has to hang up what theyve known literally their entire life, that's garbage behavior, plain and simple