Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Usagi View Post
    I heard Bobby Lashley racked up a lot of experience in TNA/Impact.
    I think he was there for almost 10 years (though I think he took off a couple years in between plus his MMA stuff). But the Lashley that walked out the door was definitely a more polished performer than the one who walked in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Bazler was a heel. If Charlotte was a heel too, we wouldn't get the show of respect. It's a face vs face thing.
    I think you are missing the bigger issue.

Fans don't chant

YOU GOT PINNED!

Tapping and verbally putting over doesn't tell your audience, your opponent had a good night. It's telling the audience that your opponent is better than you period.

Asuka has been portrayed as arrogant and cocky never submissive.

You could have both leave that match on equal footing, but the clear message sent was that Charlotte is the #1 woman in the WwE

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I think you are missing the bigger issue.

Fans don't chant

YOU GOT PINNED!

Tapping and verbally putting over doesn't tell your audience, your opponent had a good night. It's telling the audience that your opponent is better than you period.

Asuka has been portrayed as arrogant and cocky never submissive.

You could have both leave that match on equal footing, but the clear message sent was that Charlotte is the #1 woman in the WwE
    It's not submissive to say Charlotte was ready for her. Charlotte won the match, so it was obvious she was ready. Again, she picked Charlotte in the first place because she wanted to face the best. So she respected Charlotte before they even wrestled.

But yes... Charlotte won the match clean, so Charlotte walks off looking like the top female performer. If Asuka had, we could have said the reverse. You had the two dominant women in wresling (as they both beat the RAW champ Bliss clean), and barring a screwjob finish one was going to be put over the other.

But that's why it had to be Charlotte who beat her. Because Charlotte is the top female performer in the industry, there's no shame in losing to her. Asuka got beaten by the best.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Usagi View Post
    I heard Bobby Lashley racked up a lot of experience in TNA/Impact.
    at one point, he held nearly all the belts at the same time. so yeah, bobby's a different animal than he was back in the day.

Extraordinary Member

It's not submissive to say Charlotte was ready for her. Charlotte won the match, so it was obvious she was ready. Again, she picked Charlotte in the first place because she wanted to face the best. So she respected Charlotte before they even wrestled.

But yes... Charlotte won the match clean, so Charlotte walks off looking like the top female performer. If Asuka had, we could have said the reverse. You had the two dominant women in wresling (as they both beat the RAW champ Bliss clean), and barring a screwjob finish one was going to be put over the other.

But that's why it had to be Charlotte who beat her. Because Charlotte is the top female performer in the industry, there's no shame in losing to her. Asuka got beaten by the best.
    Honestly I think it was submissive for Asuka to say that. It's like you said Charlotte won so it's obvious she was ready so why did Asuka have to yell it out? It really was a boot kiss. And Charlotte really didn't need to win again it's like Asuka got built up only to get nerfed in an unconvincing way.

Extraordinary Member

I always thought Lashley was good his promos are waaaaayyy better now tho than when he was last in WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Honestly I think it was submissive for Asuka to say that. It's like you said Charlotte won so it's obvious she was ready so why did Asuka have to yell it out? It really was a boot kiss. And Charlotte really didn't need to win again it's like Asuka got built up only to get nerfed in an unconvincing way.
    Asuka said it as a sign of respect. She didn't NEED to do it obviously. But it was a matter of being classy and graceful in loss. We normally don't get that sort of thing in wrestling, but for BIG face vs face matches, it's not unheard of.

And no, Charlotte didn't need the win. Again, Charlotte is already perceived as the top female in the industry. I think the thought process was to find the biggest possible star to end the steak, so that it minimizes the loss to Asuka. Find someone big enough that there's no shame in her losing to. And that likely meant either Charlotte, the biggest female in the industry, or Ronda who was the most credible. I was honestly expecting it to be Ronda down the line... but Charlotte is the safer choice.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

https://www.twitch.tv/rvtentertainment

join the chat as we riff on smackdown live.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I always thought Lashley was good his promos are waaaaayyy better now tho than when he was last in WWE.
    Thank god he improved, because I honestly thought he was terrible in his first WWE run. He looked like the baddest dude talking the face of the earth, but the minute he opened his mouth I had an irresitable urge to try and take his lunch money. Thankfully his mouth caught up with his aura and look.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

The Mad Woman's done it!!!

BANNED

good for her

I thought time away would be good for her, but this works too

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    good for her

I thought time away would be good for her, but this works too
    Well, it worked for Daniel Bryan.

I guess Smackdown live is now both Paige and AJ's house.

Extraordinary Member

Asuka said it as a sign of respect. She didn't NEED to do it obviously. But it was a matter of being classy and graceful in loss. We normally don't get that sort of thing in wrestling, but for BIG face vs face matches, it's not unheard of.

And no, Charlotte didn't need the win. Again, Charlotte is already perceived as the top female in the industry. I think the thought process was to find the biggest possible star to end the steak, so that it minimizes the loss to Asuka. Find someone big enough that there's no shame in her losing to. And that likely meant either Charlotte, the biggest female in the industry, or Ronda who was the most credible. I was honestly expecting it to be Ronda down the line... but Charlotte is the safer choice.
    Ah I still think it was a little extra. If she raised Charlotte's hand that would have been enough.

Extraordinary Member

Thank god he improved, because I honestly thought he was terrible in his first WWE run. He looked like the baddest dude talking the face of the earth, but the minute he opened his mouth I had an irresitable urge to try and take his lunch money. Thankfully his mouth caught up with his aura and look.
    Yes his voice was horrible back then.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Missed the first thirty minutes. Did anyone new show up yet?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!