Thread: Wrestling WWE

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    International crowd can be hard to read. That said, if they see US crowds booing Reigns enough times they might do it too if they believe that's just the normal thing to do. Honestly I think at this point that's the reason Cena still gets the polarizing reaction he does. Not because the crowd legitimately has heat with him, but because booing him is just sort of normal at this point.

But I do agree that WM was a tough spot for Brock and Reigns. If Brock were a better heel he might have been able to turn the crowd against him, but Brock is Brock and really just does what he does.
    Cena at one time had full crowd support before the portion of the fanbase turned on him. Even losing them the parts of the fanbase that supported was large enough for him to be a major draw. Reigns doesn't have any of that going for him. He could crapped on the moment his solo pushed started.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cena at one time had full crowd support before the portion of the fanbase turned on him. Even losing them the parts of the fanbase that supported was large enough for him to be a major draw. Reigns doesn't have any of that going for him. He could crapped on the moment his solo pushed started.
    because his solo push was cocked up from the jump. he was in a rumble where the favor to win was dropped too early, all the other choices that the fans wanted were all dumped out by big show and kane in the last few minutes of the rumble and then they had to rock come out to get him more over because they were related.

then the build up to the WM match with brock exposed roman as being un-ready for a main event push, both in the ring and on the mic.

cena's rise felt more natural. like we saw him grow into the man he is today.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    because his solo push was cocked up from the jump. he was in a rumble where the favor to win was dropped too early, all the other choices that the fans wanted were all dumped out by big show and kane in the last few minutes of the rumble and then they had to rock come out to get him more over because they were related.

then the build up to the WM match with brock exposed roman as being un-ready for a main event push, both in the ring and on the mic.

cena's rise felt more natural. like we saw him grow into the man he is today.
    I felt Roman got exposed during his feud with Randy Orton during the Summer. Their matches put me to sleep.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I felt Roman got exposed during his feud with Randy Orton during the Summer. Their matches put me to sleep.
    yup. that was a rough year for roman. even when DB put him over, he still suffered. but yeah, everything wrong you could do for a potential face of the company, they have done wrong for roman. this whole "anti-establishment" thing doesn't jive with him. it worked for guys like DB and punk because they were bucking against the norm of the E at the time. they were the first indie guys to get as much as they did and busted the door down for the other indie/international guys to thrive. roman is vince's boy. hard to get behind that.

They need to take the belt off Brock soon, like before Summer Slam, but not to Roman.

My vote is a title vs. title match at MitB; Rollins vs. Lesnar.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Brock has always been a heel. He is just a heel that gets cheered. Vince goes out of his way to heel up Brock before Mania, and all he accomplished was making casual fans boo Brock and have smarks agree with the valid arguments against Brock. Sadly, I dont even know what is left for Brock now. He has gone through the roster and the only fight of interest would be a Lashley one, and thats because Lashley is new. I wish Brock was more like Lashley. Lah went out of his way to put over Brian Cage when he left TNA.
    Because Brock wrestles so infrequently, Brock not having a lot of opponents isn't a huge problem. If he's only wrestling 4-5 times a year, you maybe need to line up 2 guys for him to wrestle.

Lashley and Daniel Bryan are the two I'd pay to see. Maybe Nakamura.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    yup. that was a rough year for roman. even when DB put him over, he still suffered. but yeah, everything wrong you could do for a potential face of the company, they have done wrong for roman. this whole "anti-establishment" thing doesn't jive with him. it worked for guys like DB and punk because they were bucking against the norm of the E at the time. they were the first indie guys to get as much as they did and busted the door down for the other indie/international guys to thrive. roman is vince's boy. hard to get behind that.
    I think the reason the anti-establishment thing was introduced to Roman was specifically because he was feuding with Brock. I think there's a legit heat against Brock for being a champion that shows up to work maybe half a dozen times a year. Plus that's basically the only way you can build a descent feud with Brock when he's not around is to bring up the point that he's not around to get him a little heat because he's not around to build it for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They need to take the belt off Brock soon, like before Summer Slam, but not to Roman.

I say just give it to ROman. He's got a match against Joe at Backlash ways, so you're essentially setting up two main event PPV's at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

They should gave the belt to Braun. He's everything they want in a guy and is insanely over. He's the only person in on the roster to throw Lesnar around like a ragdoll.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If he does end up beating Lesnar, then why they chose to do it at the GRR and not WrestleMania is an interesting question. Perhaps to defy expectations, as they likely realize all the wrestling smarts were calling the outcome predicatable. Perhaps to hype up the GRR. It's an odd choice, and something they rarely do. Usually WM is the culmination of the heroes journey. This WM ended pretty flat.
    Maybe the thing their going for is Roman CAN'T beat Brock in a straight fight. The last 5 times we've seen this proves that. But in a CAGE Match, you don't have to win by beating up the other guy, you can escape the cage. And the refs will hold the door open for you if you get near. so that way he can win the belt without actually beating Brock down hard enough to win.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Michael Cole never been liked the majority of the audience. I remember a time in 97 when JR went heel and kicked Cole in the balls and people cheered. It's been a scrappy for 20 years now. The only instances I can remember Cole having fan support is during the third season of NXT (when it was a "reality show"), when Lawler had a heart attack and when he did commentary for the UK title tournament with Nigel. The latter showed that Cole is actually a decent and knowledge commentator when Vince isn't in his ear.
    Cole could be good if it came more from his heart. Joey Styles had it ...so did Jim Ross. Those guys spoke more from the heart in commentary and it showed to fans. Cole comes across as a WWE guy who won't ever come out and do really good play by play from his heart. Like off the cuff. Instead its more bland than anything.

Burying things is bad form for Cole as he's the voice of the company. JR never buried anyone when he was lead announcer and believably sold things to the audience. I don't get that from Cole. He's a just a guy to tow's the company line and you can see right through him.
    Honestly his entire run I never saw anything that made me say , him replacing Jim Ross was smart at all. I know Vince wanted to go younger on the announce team but he had the guy twice (Ranello and Styles) and instead stuck to boring as hell commentary so guys could sell his lines over the headset. Its hard to tune into RAW because all 3 guys drown themselves out in boring as hell commentary. Its like they are competing for lines. It doesn't flow naturally at times. Graves people hype but when your competing for announce time against a wall of bland (Cole) and someone there (Scott) ....its hard.

Its why RAW worked best with a 2 man booth and having 2 guys call it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly his entire run I never saw anything that made me say , him replacing Jim Ross was smart at all. I know Vince wanted to go younger on the announce team but he had the guy twice (Ranello and Styles) and instead stuck to boring as hell commentary so guys could sell his lines over the headset. Its hard to tune into RAW because all 3 guys drown themselves out in boring as hell commentary. Its like they are competing for lines. It doesn't flow naturally at times. Graves people hype but when your competing for announce time against a wall of bland (Cole) and someone there (Scott) ....its hard.

Its why RAW worked best with a 2 man booth and having 2 guys call it.
    The three man booth is a mistake. I don't think the third guy really adds anything. Saxton comes across as a bigger tool than Cole and a moron. I can appreciate Coach bringing a sports like presentation to the commentary but I feel he needs to be the lead commentator for it to really work instead of being a third wheel. Percy Watson doesn't need say anything most of the time. Ranello and Nigel do all the work. To be honest I honestly forget that he's even there half the time.

They should gave the belt to Braun. He's everything they want in a guy and is insanely over. He's the only person in on the roster to throw Lesnar around like a ragdoll.
    I agree but I mean right now. Braun should've had it by now ... I guess I'd be okay with Roman taking it from Brock and Joe taking it right from him if it led to Braun getting a reign starting at Summer Slam. Joe vs. Braun could be hella fun.

Rollins is just hot right now and I can see him building the roster with a double title reign. My take would be Seth fights twice at Summer Slam in a MitB rematch thinking Brock won't be there, drops the IC title when Brock costs him the match. Then has a second match with Brock right then and there. Seth barely wins but is cashed in on.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-14-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Brain is potentially in the same boat Roman was in a few years ago. He's over ... but also very green. Right now he's protected, but put him in the position where he's the champ needing to defend the belt for a good 20 minute straight natch and he'll potentially be exposed.

I think they need to wit until he improves a bit before putting him in that position. I wouldn't put the belt on Braun until Roman goes heel. That I think is next year's WM.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-14-2018 at 03:49 PM.

BANNED

The three man booth is a mistake. I don't think the third guy really adds anything. Saxton comes across as a bigger tool than Cole and a moron. I can appreciate Coach bringing a sports like presentation to the commentary but I feel he needs to be the lead commentator for it to really work instead of being a third wheel. Percy Watson doesn't need say anything most of the time. Ranello and Nigel do all the work. To be honest I honestly forget that he's even there half the time.
    if the word is true that Cole is going to transition off the desk, it might be Coach, Corey, and another person or just Coach and Corey for a bit