Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Never forget
    Vince McMahon’s reaction to Titus O’Neil’s epic botch at the Greatest Royal Rumble

Well it looks like Titus O'Neil's job is secure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Usagi View Post
    safe at home
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Usagi View Post
    On the contrary, this might be the greatest thing to have ever happened to Titus.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Funnest part of the Rumble might have been the commentary. By the Rumble itself you could tell the announce team was out there WAAAY too long. They were losing it.
    Being an old fart, I miss the commentary of Gorilla Monsoon. The Brain was quite a bit of fun and Jim Ross was good for outrageous OH MY GOD type stuff. But Cole, yuck. I get zero emotional interest to matches due to bland commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Being an old fart, I miss the commentary of Gorilla Monsoon. The Brain was quite a bit of fun and Jim Ross was good for outrageous OH MY GOD type stuff. But Cole, yuck. I get zero emotional interest to matches due to bland commentary.
    I actually thought Cole was pretty darn emotional in that match, particularly with the Titus spot. He tried his hardest to sell it as the greatest moment in Royal Rumble history.

Astonishing Member

Being an old fart, I miss the commentary of Gorilla Monsoon. The Brain was quite a bit of fun and Jim Ross was good for outrageous OH MY GOD type stuff.
    will you stop
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I actually thought Cole was pretty darn emotional in that match, particularly with the Titus spot. He tried his hardest to sell it as the greatest moment in Royal Rumble history.
    certainly a improvement over his usual stuff.

but yeah. him, corey and byron cracking up over the botch just made it all the better. reminded me of that tape of cole and king ripping on chimmel during practice.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Cole sounds like a WWE production guy and doesn't seem to speak like Jim Ross did. He spoke from the heart it seems . I mean a lot of what he would say in spots became know.

Today that scene would have some of the blandest , non-emotional commentary ever .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

"It appears that Titus is looking underneath the ring for a weapon of some kind..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    for you Powerbomb TV Fans

big event at the Chikara Wrestling Factory tonight

Tessa Blanchard vs Kimber Lee (her return to Chikara)

LAX vs Icarus, Dasher Hatfield, and Mr Touchdown

I believe the main event is Matt Riddle vs Josh Briggs
    i remember when chikara was cool.

i actually enjoyed vince on commentary too. 1,2, HE GOT'EM......no he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i actually enjoyed vince on commentary too. 1,2, HE GOT'EM......no he didn't.
    Vince's commentary worked next to Ventura who would get after him at times. It was a good trade off. But once Ventura was gone , there really wasn't that heel to take him to task during the announcing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Vince's commentary worked next to Ventura who would get after him at times. It was a good trade off. But once Ventura was gone , there really wasn't that heel to take him to task during the announcing.
    yeah jesse talking shit to vince was always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I thought Vince worked fine with Heenan and King. But yeah... having a heel which ripped on him seemd to be a part of the equation for some reason. I recall Cornette saying Vince wanted him to rip on Vince for wearing a hair piece, like a lot of announcers did, even though he doesn't actually wear a hair piece. I wish I had a boss that insisted on his employess ripping on him all day long.

BANNED

Chikara still has its moments, also watched a show from Freelance Wrestling in Chicago....that was really fun, also I know someone who works with the promotion there

Austin Theory showed up there, Im a big fan of that guy

I think Vince by 1997 started to realize he wasn't that good of an announcer as he had shifted Jim Ross back. Once he did that Mr. McMahon heel turn the best part of things was him giving the booth to Ross. Because he seemed to realize ...Jim Ross could sell things a lot better than I'll ever be able to and fans buy into what he says.