Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Peyton Royce was booked pretty strongly in NXT as one of the top bad girls (just out of the main event picture but she was in a lot of 3 and 4 way matches for the title). I kind of assumed she'd keep that role on the main roster, but they've jobbed her out to Charlotte already.
    The Iconic Duo never really became that big in NXT. And it's not their fault... their rise occurred during Asukas title reign, where effectively the whole division was used to get her over. They could beat up Liz Morgan all they want, but other than that they were just fed to Asuka like everyone else.

That said, I do think the Iconic Duo have a chance at being built up. But that means beating Becky and Naiomi a lot, since again they're likely only going to job out Charlotte and Asuka selectively.

In a very small division, you can only push so many people at once. Charlotee and Asuke to one degree or another will always be pushed. And Carmella as the top heel champ will be pushed. But everyone else is likely going to at best get 50/50 booking.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    yup. he's been the same character for the last 5 years. something's gotta change.

meanwhile, i'm just gonna leave this here.

Less defenses look better imo. Odaka has been IWGP champ for two years and he only defended the title 12 times. NXT champ only defend on Takeovers now. Less is more.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Less defenses look better imo. Odaka has been IWGP champ for two years and he only defended the title 12 times. NXT champ only defend on Takeovers now. Less is more.
    Once a month is an okay clip. Brock defends it once every 40 days.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The magical number to meet is once every 30 days. That's the number wrestling itself (or WWE at least) dicatates that a champion needs to defend their title, so I think in the LEAST any champion should be obligated to defend the title once a month.

I do agree that titles are sometimes defended too much. But by WWE's own standards, Brock is defending the title too little.

Astonishing Member

budy murphy needs more attention than he has been getting he and mustafa ali tore it up(i think so any way) on last nights 205live
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Lucha Underground Season 4 got an extended trailer:

Astonishing Member

i think we may have found a feud of the year candidate the beginning of this weeks NXT
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-09-2018 at 05:27 PM.
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    i think we may have found a feud of the year candidate the beginning of this weeks NXT
    Dream vs Ricochet's gonna be lit.

Astonishing Member

ciammpa vs ohno is a sample of brutality at its finest

im really liking http://network.wwe.com/video/v190759...=wwe_chronicle
    WWE CHRONICLE
    SHINSUKE NAKAMURA
    APRIL 05, 2018
    so far
    and now
    http://network.wwe.com/video/v200570...Context=series
    TABLE FOR 3
    SHOW STEALERS
    MAY 07, 20
    yes TNA on wwenetwork
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-09-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    Transformers TCG player

Charlotte blew an implant and has to have surgery.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Charlotte blew an implant and has to have surgery.
    So, who's going to take her place in MITB?

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    So, who's going to take her place in MITB?
    Truthfully she doesn't need to be in that match. It's not like Charlotte needs MitB.

I assume there was going to be 2 faces and 2 heels from each brand, and the likely Smackdown face candidates would be Asuka and Charlotte. But Becky or Niaomi could do in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, Smackdown sort of gets second tier status to RAW a lot of the time. Kinda sucks, but that's the way it is.

That said, AJ is treated as well if not better than anyone on the Smackdown brand. So in the least he's the biggest fish in the unfortunately smaller pond.
    joe just main evented a PPV with roman so.........idk.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Reigns is tied with AJ for being the top selling merch seller (apart from the non-full time guys like Cena), then I'd argue he is over with the fans. Yes, they boo him... just like they boo Reigns. It's basically the same thing, only to a lesser degree. If the fans are reacting strongly to him, and they're buying his t-shirts then he's over.

That's my point... we can only judge by listening to fan response. And again, Cena has already proven that's not an entirely accurate barometer of how legitimately over a person is. They both got negative responses, but STRONG responses that still equated to merchandise sales. Point being as long as people are willing to spend money on Cena or Reigns, Vince will keep overing them up on a silver platter to them.
    imagine if they pushed somebody the crowds actually liked(crazy i know), i'd wager they'd start moving even more merch and i see no reason why roman would stop selling merch w/o the megapush.

also if house shows are down who gives a shit if he's selling merch??

I don't have a problem with the WWE title being put where it was on the Backlash card considering the finish they went with. A PPV main-event ending in double KO would piss off people even more.
    i doubt it but even if it did at least they wouldn't be pissed until after the main event rather than walking out on it.

how many matches has okada had in those 2 years though?? he probably had more G-1 matches than brock had matches period.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i doubt it but even if it did at least they wouldn't be pissed until after the main event rather than walking out on it.
    When was the last time WWE ended a PPV main-event with an undecisive finish? You honestly think that fans wouldn't have shitted on it even more if that match capped off the show?

When was the last time WWE ended a PPV main-event with an undecisive finish? You honestly think that fans wouldn't have shitted on it even more if that match capped off the show?
    LOL. dude just think about that for a second...

also i don't think it's possible to shit on a match more than by walking out on it.